Comfy Thread

What's the comfiest car Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fDpwZI2X6vI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Magès
youtube.com/watch?v=L2q03XZugwg
jalopnik.com/we-drove-a-citroen-c6-and-it-was-better-than-our-wildes-1703876075
autoevolution.com/news/citroen-progressive-hydraulic-cushions-replace-hydractive-3-suspension-108175.html
carscoops.com/2016/01/innovative-suspension-from-ds-coming-in.html
youtube.com/watch?v=eSi6J-QK1lw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Crown victoria

are these things comfy

I wouldn't call them comfy, but on long drives their presence is preferable to sweaty backs and numb legs.

*driving towards you*
youtube.com/watch?v=fDpwZI2X6vI

You already posted it.

Golf GTI? Not a fan of those seats desu

>twingo
>comfortable
Its a shitbox. nothing more. A golf that scrapes on every leaf is more comfy

>Hard ass suspension
>Cheap plastic and cloth seats
>Awful interior design
>comfy

well lets rephrase the question, what's the comfiest car to cruise at high speeds?

Pic related
>240 kmh top speed
>feels like you're sitting in a spaceship that fucked a hovercraft
doesn't get much better

All hail glorious Lincoln.

Blurry pic, but glorious digital dashboard

HNNNGGGGHH

Maximum comfort. Thanks vinbro for the check. 1 owner, fat stack of maintenance records, 1500$.

>nose way over the curb
#justlandboatthings

why is this even a thread?

look at what your grandma drives.

>a car with way more horsepower is faster
woah dude holy shit call the papers

My grandma stopped driving around 40 years ago after someone else crashed into her car.

My other grandma is driving a Toyota Aygo to the shops once or twice a week.

>V8 cuckolds got triggered again

Good thing this is the performance thread, not the comfy thread ... oh wait.

Assmad V8 cuckold spotted

nice high mileage you got there m8

dad had a c5 years ago. even that was comfy as fuck

>such a burger picture

>15k miles
>Nut.
But at least mine still is in sound shape and looks good, so I cant complain

Also I'm jealous of your compass man. What trim level is that?

This is more comfortable

mrcummy pls

They stopped production in 2012 unfortunately.

POST RARE CITROENS BOYS

my friend has one of these with 260ish hp and fucking conversion van seats in it. its a shitbox but its fast and comfy af

livin that lincoln life.

Doesnt ride all that great desu

just finished a 1200km road trip in my mk7 and can confirm. although ride-quality wise I preferred doing a trip in my 08 sierra.

This

The C6 has a neat digidash as well.

not bad. not bad at all

Fuck, these can be had under 5k eurobucks with the 2.7l V6 diesel.

like all early Air Suspension technology, when it craps out, you can sell the whole car
This is why the Range Rover has a bad reputation, this is why the W220 S Class gets a bad reputation

Calling Citroen's Hydropneumatic suspension "Air Suspension technology" is quite an insult actually.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Magès

It doesn't have air suspension though, it's hydropneumatic. It's a technology that was founded over 60 years ago, they basically perfected it with the C6.

youtube.com/watch?v=L2q03XZugwg

why cant we have nice things like this in the usa?
i would rather have this than my volvo

The US got the DS, which had their original hydropneumatic suspension.

There's exactly one of them in the USA actually, it was for sale as well, about a year ago.
jalopnik.com/we-drove-a-citroen-c6-and-it-was-better-than-our-wildes-1703876075

Probably imported through his NATO connections, fucking boomer veterans.

Anyhow there's rumors PSA Peugeot Citroën will be releasing Citroën DS (the luxury sub brand) cars in the USA some time soon. They don't make cars with the hydropneumatic suspension anymore though.

>They don't make cars with the hydropneumatic suspension anymore though.
And that's such a stupid move, it'd be the perfect selling point for the DS lineup.

Hell, it was the main selling point of the DS brand's namesake.

It used to be their main selling point but people didn't really care, the cars came with a heavy pricetag and not a single successor of the first DS, which stayed in production for about 20 years and was sold over a million times, came close in terms of appeal and success.

They didn't even manage to sell 25 000 C6s, so it ended up with a Saab reputation as in only architects and such drove them.

The Hydropneumatic suspension for Citroen will be replaced by this for all models

autoevolution.com/news/citroen-progressive-hydraulic-cushions-replace-hydractive-3-suspension-108175.html

DS will get a different one "...will instead draw on the latest developments in electronics and could therefore be completely variable and adjustable."

carscoops.com/2016/01/innovative-suspension-from-ds-coming-in.html

There were a few rumors floating around that Citroen might have partnered with Bose to pick up their electromagnetic suspension shown fitted to a Lexus.

youtube.com/watch?v=eSi6J-QK1lw

V nice.

Good to see they're working on a replacement. Not enough manufacturers make true comfymobiles anymore.

I want to buy a newer one if these, is it a good purchase? I hear because it's a crown Vic underneath it's more reliable than a Volvo.

Luxury model landbarges and old shitboxes for entirely different reasons

>Probably imported through his NATO connections, fucking boomer veterans.
U jelly?

>Big citroens

yes

the SM might be the comfiest car ever. and they are not that expensive...

>and they are not that expensive...
until you have to fix anything to do with the engine or the hydropneumatics

or the electrics. dont forget the electrics

>SM
Know what you're getting into. It's got a Maserati engine by the way, so it sounds awesome but you do get Maserati reliability thrown in for free.

too bad they are 2sexy2handle

>just checked used cars site for citroens
>find a DS
>about 400 miles out
>brown, silver/white roof
>lovely interior, gray cloth and brown seats
>its done 30000 miles
>thirty fucking thousand miles
>for 12.5k

fuck i cant even sell my shitbox for 2k and i cant afford it. FUCK

>USDM headlights

ehh, the euro ones are better looking

tru

You from Arkansas? If so, same. Honestly mine just rides like I'm floating on a cloud, that's good to some, bad to others.

Signature edition
it's in good shape :P

Well some say that SM stands for Super Model. Gorgeous to look at and a nightmare to maintain.

Fucking this , god tier car.

god that car looks good

I have a feeling that in 30 years people will be wanking over the last few ones left

> Not air
> Not early
> One of the most reliable car of its generation

It actually isn't expensive when you have mechanics that know how to actually repair them , you pay a lot to fix them outside of France because few mechanics have even heard of it...

Fuck yeah. Suede interior and cigarette lighters on every door. Citroen doesn't got shit on dat wheel base and curb weight which add to the smoothness.

My nigger.

Someone has to settle this once and for all and compare an american luxocouch with a french one and tell the world which is the comfiest of them all.

There's no reason to debate, they were never available in the same market. Both are great, you get to choose the one available.

I'm a little biased because I'm from north america but the 8 liter V8 alone makes the yacht more comfy, cruising down the highway at almost idle is nice and comfy. That plus the long ass wheelbase and extra 2000lbs of curb weight would make the land yacht more comfy I reckon.

at the moment accorrding to jeremy clarkson its actually the vauxhall/holden zafira. has a ride: better than the current model rolls royce and thats a big call to say anything has something over a rolls royce.

The Citroen BX weighs about 2210 lbs and manages to be just as comfy as some 5 ton land boats, without sacrificing quick handling (Hydropneumatic suspension)

Annoying shitposter spotted

Why does Volkswagen makes those chavy burberry seats

I don't know, but I like them. The seats, not VWs.

Citroën is to ride comfort what Volvo is to safety, and the C6 was regarded as one of Citroën's best cars.

So yeah. The C6.

You live in south San Jose by any chance? That looks like the neighborhood I used to live in.

My current car is a Nissan Moco. It doesn't look like much, but it is the most pleasant car I've ever owned. It's nimble and tiny but not cramped, and driving it just feels good.
My last car was a 90 Miata, and it was horrifically uncomfortable.
Most comfortable thing I've ever driven was a 2000ish f150 lariat.

>nu-male wagon

I second this. Cressida barges are best barges.

>ywn travel in the back of one of these to the south of france, bugging your sister, while your parents try to find the camp spot on a map, and "barbie girl" is playing on the radio, ever again...

>those mirrors
Holy shit I didn't think anything could be worse than the catfish camaro mirrors

This bastard is pretty comfortable.

My Last two dailies have been LeSabres. Got 545k out of the last one before the trans went.

Getting in one of these is like arriving back at home after a long business trip.

It's in the family.

>ba-ga-
What did they mean by this?

Fucking saved. I cant tell if thats actual CG or just a shop but god damn its pretty.