Does Veeky Forums agree?

Does Veeky Forums agree?

>fwd

I replace all 4 when I do, what kind of poorfag shit is this?
I will stay away from Bridgestone now, Dunlop or Yokohama will be my next rubbers.

Looks like Bridgestone doesn't want you to have fun or get hektik, cunts

Your car will get unstable in the rain with bald tires on the rear; at least that's my personal experience. If you have two bald tyres and two fine tyres I personally still prefer the better tyres on the front because it gives vastly better braking performance, but I would not recommend that to people who can't deal with getting hektik.

Nah. New tires go on wherever. I don't drive through standing water fast enough to skid like that.

>not buying 4 new tires
Plebs

its actually how i crashed my mum's car.
was exiting a roundabout at quite "aggressive" speeds for a damp road (about 45 kmh ~27 mph)
and i oversteered into a ditch lmaooo(didnt even expect i could get the car to slide with so little steering imput and at so little speeds so thats why i didnt correct, other than the fact i had been driving for a day)

Understeering creates even more tire wear on bald tires.

Also you do not want your drive wheels in a FWD car to hydroplane or lose traction, it is better logically in FWD to replace the front tires first, though obviously it changes the handling if the front and rears are different tread depths.

oversteering in FWD cars is incredibly controllable as well, too bad most people aren't taught or never learn to just hold the wheel where you want to go and give it some gas

>only replacing 2 tires at once
A sure sign of poverty

New tyres always go on the rear, be it fwd or rwd, silly.

Spoken like a true FWD shitbox driver.

This guy has never worked at a shop before.
New tires go on the rear NO MATTER WHAT it's fucking tire law retard

Yeah they just want you to go fast, what morons

better to oversteer and be able to control it than understeer and end up in a ditch
I don't understand this PSA actually, if they showed both of the negatives of just buying 2 tires and told you to get 4 and stop being a cheap cunt, people would buy 4, spend more money, and be safer

who the hell replaces 2/4 bad tires?

Personaly, I would put them in the front. No matter what drivetrain layout you have, your front tires have to brake and steer.

Mechanicfag here. New tires always go in rear. Ever drive a snow mobile? They literally have flat plastic for steering. End of argument.

>new on rear

What is braking
What is steering
What is rwd

Fuck that for a game of soldiers. Understeer is scary, oversteer is controllable.

Slicks on the back master race

Try steering a snowmobile on a hard slippy surface dumbshit

its something poor people do

The main purpose of snow tires is to provide traction so you don't get stuck. If FWD, they go on the front, RWD rear.
If there is ice or snow on the road and you have bad tires, adjust your speed accordingly.

>an autistic miata driver thinks he knows better than tyre makes
kek

This
I think it's hilarious that people think their idea is correct when this is a known thing

The reason this is a thing is because people have no idea how the fuck to deal with oversteer and will end up slamming on the brakes and forcing a full spin whereas if people slam on the brakes while understeering they're just going to take longer to come to a stop than if they waited for control to return first, but that's better than nothing.
It's controlling for stupidity, not the most efficient choice.

It has nothing to do with that.
You can't directly control what your rear wheels are doing besides accelerating and braking. Nothing else.
Now, for anyone that actually has a brain, this would make sense. But not for an autistic manchild that thinks he's fucking Senna.

Here's the thing: you're not Senna and if you have bald tyres on the rear and the road is wet you're gonna spin and end up equinox'd.
Not to mention you'd be as good as dead if you were on the motorway with bald rear tyres.

You sound like you don't even drive, desu.

It has everything to do with that. Braking when oversteering is the worst thing you can do because you're loading the fuck out of both wheels and transferring weight away from the back of the car, both things you don't want when you're losing rear grip. It's absolutely about stupidity control, nothing more.

I was driving on these with no esp daily throughout a british winter and had no problems, mainly because I'm not a retard who thinks a fwd 1.3 shitbox is a great example of driving dynamics and can actually control my car. When the rear wheels lose traction on a rwd you can use acceleration, braking and steering to control exactly where you go. But you wouldn't know that because you're an aficionado of aforementioned fwd 1.3 shitbox.

b-b-but the bus has so many rear tires
Classic case of "I know better than the people who make/distribute thing"

And yeah that included 30 miles of 75mph motorway driving every weekend.

No, it's not. Do you have any idea the amount of grip that the tyres in the rear provide at speed?
Not to mention the front tyres have the additional mechanic grip the weight of the engine provides plus the ability to actually control directly your front wheels.

>just because I have a 1.3 Punto I've only driven this car

You don't even have water channeling grooves anymore, you would be theoretically aquaplaning the whole time on the motorway, lmao.
But yeah man, your clearly know better than tyre engineers and you're a tiptop driver. Cheers.

You should try not selling your salvage ISF for way over its price on Craigslist you Jew

>New tires in front
>DEJA VU
>I'VE FILED THIS CLAIM BEFORE
>HIGHER INSURANCE RATES
>I'M NOT SURE IF I CAN PAY ANYMORE

What about staggered setups?

>water channeling grooves

The front tyres disperse the majority of the water before the rears get there.

>theoretically aquaplaning the whole time

So why wasn't I aquaplaning? Why did I not crash? Why am I still here?

Why are you not replacing all your tires at once?

Four summer or all season tires on when nice weather comes, four winter tires when the snow season comes. Simple as that.

poverty I'd assume, look where you are.
as for your post, running all seasons in summer when you have a dedicated winter tire for winter is the dumbest thing I've heard in my life.

Not everybody lives in a sunny paradise user. Some of us have to deal with

>oversteering in FWD cars is incredibly controllable as well

ef civic here, kill yourself

>running all seasons in summer when you have a dedicated winter tire for winter is the dumbest thing I've heard in my life.
I'm assuming you can find one or the other for cheaper depending on sales/location, obviously, and that you live in an area that gets at least moderate rain and shitty weather so putting semi slicks on your shitbox is a bad idea.

Using either of them in the winter is an even worse idea assuming you live somewhere that has actual snow and not a light dusting of powder once a month that everyone drives through and then thinks they know how to drive in snow.

It's 40% less than a not salvage one of the same year/mileage, which is pretty much standard.
Funny shit coming from some broke ass with a shitbox

>snow provides grip

> NO MATTER WHAT it's fucking tire law retard
already have to decent tyres on the rear and replacing front tyres in a FWD car
>HURR DURR TIRES GO ON BACK
fucking hope you don't work in a shop cunt

I kind of want to take my WRX to Discunt Tire and have them make me sign a waiver for putting new tires in the front, and have the explanation, "I like driving hektik"

and you sound like you've never driven on a bald tyre before. here in the uk its common sense that you should replace your front tyres first simply because they go through the most stress of steering and braking and in our fwd shitboxes its accelerating too.
you cant argue with 'lol you're technically hydroplaning' when for all you know he could be running something tiny like a 155 tyres that basically just cuts through the puddle.
people dumb enough to drive erratically on bald tyres dont care which corner it is and those of us that do wont push our luck.
in fact even in my car owners handbook (and im sure probably your fiat one too) it will tell you in the maintenance section to rotate the tyres by moving the higher worn front ones to the rear and the less worn rears to the front.
you can't argue technicalities and theoreticals versus experience and reality.

Front tires do 80% of the braking, and 100% of the steering, lets hobble them. Only fuckwits put nw tires to the rear. In FWD they are litterally being dragged around doung stuff all. In RWD it is a reminder to replace them, every time you power down in wet weather.

Have some good tyres on the rear. Lower picture happened to me while driving at 55m/h. Almost died