/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Robot maidos edition
previous ded: Corneroids, Space Engineers, Starmade, Avorion, From the Depths, Factorio, REM, Robocraft, Machinecraft, Garry's Mod, Homebrew, Besiege, Infinifactory, Scrap Mechanic, GearBlocks, and anything else welcome. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Space Engineers
>StarMade
>Avorion
>From the Depths
>Factorio
>REM
>Robocraft
>Machinecraft
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Besiege
>Infinifactory
>Scrap Mechanic
>Robot Arena 2
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Algodoo
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Chode - Children of Ded Earf

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Spengies Server Pasta
pastebin.com/uPudaAyJ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dMlkOt66OKU
youtube.com/watch?v=jbkjAXlLPkE
youtube.com/watch?v=BY9AA5P_8qo
youtube.com/watch?v=VrCTGfeJvxM
youtube.com/watch?v=vv9QXaAP1sU
youtube.com/watch?v=xXS8DYTZokw
youtube.com/watch?v=JjRyHgF8hx8
people.scs.carleton.ca/~armyunis/knowledge-managment/papers/HELIOS a General Framwrok for Ontology-based Knowledge Sharing and Evolution in P2P Network.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=V87lSB5XWVs
youtube.com/watch?v=jPkXApa1glk
youtube.com/watch?v=pEwxguHUi_U
youtube.com/watch?v=df6mTJurJUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=mkQ2pXkYjRM
youtube.com/watch?v=CDsNZJTWw0w
youtube.com/watch?v=sCv5DufibCA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for mini-nukes ERRYWHERE

2nd for GO PLAY ON THE GODDAMN SERB

>stay away for a week
>Veeky Forums is rip and /egg/ is filled with
>pseudo science
>flat earth
>anti gravity
>recycling doesn't work
>solars are a leftist construct
>physicians
>how does angular momentum works
>/pol/ trump menee shit

3rd for deleting /pol/ and cleasing /egg/ with fire. Ban all physicians

>star trek figures arrived
>want to open them but also don't want to open them

fuck this is a dangerous path

Hello /egg/
We are trying to make a new general for space and non-space related logistic kind of games, with the intention of incorporating what was once /cbg/ too, in the future.

As expected, it's pretty dead at the moment, head over here if you want to check it out

Any help to keep the thread alive during this first stage, or suggestions on how we could be a better thread would be much appreciated.

Seriously?

Keo, you hate me this much? I was starting to have fun on this game again.

Hi SRS.

fuck you

>physicians
it's physicist you mong

>"we don't shit other boards"-/pol/, on another board

They're the same thing. They both worship Chaos as a god, either as Eris or Kek.

The one true god is the machine.
youtube.com/watch?v=dMlkOt66OKU
youtube.com/watch?v=jbkjAXlLPkE
youtube.com/watch?v=BY9AA5P_8qo
youtube.com/watch?v=VrCTGfeJvxM
youtube.com/watch?v=vv9QXaAP1sU
youtube.com/watch?v=xXS8DYTZokw

>try to join serb
>stuck in screen before cryo pod or spawn menu appears
>no connection with server
>game kicks me out
5 times now
gas the nukeen

>you will never be on robo craft general in the time of great kurwa
>you will never have egg without bad newfagottry and /pol/faggotry

>le go back 2 /pol/

>admitting to being this fucking new

Erisian discordianism is destructive discordianism, Kekism is creative discordianism.
Both are technically subfacets of greater order.
CLANG is true chaos.

>pseudo intellectual and scientifical
Jesus now /x/ got here somehow.

>CLANG is true chaos.
>CLANG
>true chaos

Chaos is a tool used to punish those who misuse engineering in frivolous or inefficient ways. He's more of a god of balance than anything else.

Sorry for asking, but what is SRS? I only know the SJW and s4s, but i don't think those are related

True chaos is a facet of balance, not bound by the greater order.
Maybe.
Memes.

It might be bullshit but look at this.
youtube.com/watch?v=JjRyHgF8hx8

I can't find anything in there that doesn't check out, like this people.scs.carleton.ca/~armyunis/knowledge-managment/papers/HELIOS a General Framwrok for Ontology-based Knowledge Sharing and Evolution in P2P Network.pdf

>spacetime flows into mass, thus creating gravity
>dark matter "produces" spacetime, thus producing dark energy

What is matter and dark matter are connected in some way?

I don't go to this general, but that's a cute girl

What if matter is space bound up in knots?

Keo is gone for a couple days. I suggest you find a new bogeyman.

What's the point of having a detachable ship when it's not even that much smaller than its mother ship?

>physician
>physics doctor
a physics physician

>Playing Factorio for the first time
>Spawn seems nice. There's a big lake, coal, copper, metal, stone and oil around it.
>Have no idea what to do, so I build a mining network that becomes a logistic hell in a matter of moments, since I'm just building shit here and there
>Manage to create a somewhat functioning base, with automated research
>Create perimeter with turrets and automated ammo loading (and factories, that produce the ammo, ofc)
>Expand my base
>Realize, that because of my original base's clusterfuckery I've managed to make the rest of the game so fucking hard
>Think about rebuilding my original base
>Meh'd and quit game

I'm just going to start a new game. This time I'll actually optimize my shit. Any pro tips for the next game? I want to maximize the usefulness of the factories, but how? What should I keep making with them? Last game I just made factories to automate my research, turret loading, buildings walls and cars.

Also: how the fuck can I remove trees fast in this game? Takes god damn ages to chop them down with an axe. Tried using the shotgun and some grenades, but even they are pretty weak against the mighty army of trees.

Modular buildings, sometimes is better to start over, i still fail to find a way to implement the modular ship building properly.

>blaming Keo
In the last serb you crashed your shit into a planet and threw a massive shitfit because "Ced deleted it."

Your shit probably went unpowered or something stupid like that. Keo wouldn't kill your shit without saying something.

Kill them with fire.

I was the one who posted the original message in the old thread, this copy-paste wasn't mine.

Anyway, the point of the discussion was that if you have any ideas or think you might contribute to the thread by talking about something in our game list (or anything related), you are more than welcome to help us stay alive and get things rolling.
Things are going to change a lot in the next few threads so ideas to help us sort things out are absolutely appreciated

I won't bother you much more with this, thanks.

I just made a dozen AND gates in the 5th level of KOHCTPYKTOP to delay the VCC+ signal and sync the oscillator with the output it was telling me to aim for.

Then I added another AND gate after the oscillator to connect the input and the oscillator, and it through the oscillator signal completely out of sync. I had to remove the gates between the oscillator and vcc because this one AND gate at the end was doing the same amount of delay as the 12 AND gates in the beginning.

I get that one AND gate is going to cause some delay, but I didn't expect this much. Does the distance the signal travels through metal affect the delay?

im meming this game

with no survivors

ROBOKEK GET OUT

It's not really "modular" if a module needs to disconnect to perform its task.

>greatest shazbot
>not a shrike

I think he's complaining about his ship spazzing out, user.

More like reshaping it self, thats why is hard to implement, all modules have to be able to move by themselves in all axis, have gyros and power.
Its too much space.

im saving it for a drone build that uses both of my designs.

just using the name for the hover because sanic ground speeds and smgs (which are projectiles now so bonus)

What game can I build a thicc mecc in? LooEngineers is too clang-y and crap mechanic quickly becomes a clusterfuck of colorful lines and numbers.

>thicc
Can you not

No

>damnit host, why did you make this engine so shit
That's an even stupider thing to blame on anyone but CLANG or KEEEEEEN

>trees
Use grenades. Cheap and clear big area quickly.

>base
Leave more land for future expansion. Every time you build, take space you think is enough and add 50%.

Automate everything. Basically it goes like this:
automate mining and smelting
automate red science
automate green chips
automate green science
automate oil
automate red chips
automate blue and purple science
automate blue chips
automate rocket
automate having fun

>automate having fun
Just how I like it.

Yeah, my problems in the last save were pretty much the lack of space and the fact that I had no idea what I was supposed to do next/what came next.

Also that "what to automate" -list of your's will become rather handy on my next run.

How could someone profit from walking vehicles, if not from war applications?

Sheer mobility and utility, see: Exoskeletons.
Heavy-duty personell where, prior, an entire construct was required, a single person could perform the same task.

Construction
Watch Patlabor, they use them for primarily construction and war purposes

youtube.com/watch?v=V87lSB5XWVs

Someone post that relatively recent guy who's been developing prosthetic feet/ankles

Now slap some bulletproof plates on that shit and give him a M242 and maybe two M202s on the shoulders and you got fucking tactical dreadnought armor

youtube.com/watch?v=jPkXApa1glk
You mean this guy?

Yeah that's him.
Simple idea really, prostheses that mimic the movements of simpler parts of the body. We don't have much that can read nerves well enough to do that sort of thing, so his designs are probably the best type available at the moment.

post old webbums

Also this one.

when the gate input of an and gate turns on, after 1 tick input and output get connected. Power can flow from input to output and the other way around.
>Does the distance the signal travels through metal affect the delay?
no, transmission, and neither do vias or silicon. the only thing creating delays are gates(NPN and PNP junctions)

BEHOLD OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM
youtube.com/watch?v=pEwxguHUi_U

there's also a simple modification to reduce footprint & blockcount but that requires lowering the input rate, which would lower cycle count

has engineering gone too far
youtube.com/watch?v=df6mTJurJUQ
119% of all eurasian americans get this question wrong

pic related, i'll see if i can beat your symbol count

Yeah, there isn't too much you can do to that test due to simplicity. I just posted it because I used it for the 10k cycle achievement.

Block count I tend to ignore usually, since with the simpler levels you can just replace stretches of conveyors with huge areas of concrete.
I actually had to use concrete blocks for most of the 10k, since just one floor of conveyors was lagging my PC pretty bad

Who's in the Warbros' server?

I'm new to Spangies and I am going to need help.

We got three (it seems) players online. Tumbles is deffo knowledgeable.

very fast pulses aren't rendered correctly. Y1 appears to be permanently off, while Y2 appears to be permanently on(neither is true as you can tell from the diagrams).
As to why it pulses, consider what happens as soon as the voltage turns on. both gates turn on simultaneously, cutting each other's power.
The way to fix it is by breaking the symmetry, see pic in next post

the reason this works is because the left VCC line is slightly delayed

D E A D
E
A
D

J E J
E
J

>The twin damnation;
>To fail and know we fail

>In spite of being broken,
>Or because of being broken
>Rise up and build anew
>Stand up and build anew

fug

youtube.com/watch?v=mkQ2pXkYjRM

Oh, it's this guy. Based.
youtube.com/watch?v=CDsNZJTWw0w

you should have used a different level that requires much more than 1 input per output
or with counters you can even make a small setup.

>2229
What magic is this?

youtube.com/watch?v=sCv5DufibCA

The liquid should stick and burn slowly. He is doing it wrong

Oh, I remember now.
Throwing away 90% of input until it's exactly O2 followed by N2 is not very efficient.

Gasoline with styrofoam?

One way to do it. There are better ones. The right kind of soap will serve better as a thickening agent but styropetrol is the old standby.

optimized it a bunch

I was there
It was the best period of time in /egg/, period, if not just behind Besiege Month. There wasn't any /pol/ at all and there was MUCH kurwa. I remember when I made one of the first robocraft videos about what was essentially just floating text.

I'll fight you and say that late-/seg/ early-/svgg/ were the best times. A bunch of anons coming together to push the limits of the games, make grand creations and play ded games, with no catdick.

Also, does anyone have the "I am /seg/" pic that someone drew? It seems I have misplaced it somewhere.

Yes, that was the same time.

I still have this.

Was it? Besiege month and the rise of FtD were few of the reasons that we made /egg/.

You're confusing me with another user. I asked them to delete everything I made on the serb cause the game crapped out on me.

I think it was the user that got his, um, rover stuck underground in ayylmao blaned.
I was in the process of building another ship. At first the structure the Sparky is attached to, was just a medium cargo, Refinery, and two assemblers.

I decided to build a ship starting from that grid to save time and resources. It was still well under construction and I didn't have a clear plan on what the ship is going to look like and what's it exact role.

The Sparky was docked because the Sparky had a lot of power to spare.

As someone who was largely an occasional poster before Besiege caused the expansion of /egg/ and /rcg/ fell, I'd say that period in general was great overall.
/seg/ created the habits and vague community feel we've kept hold of, and the acceptance of other games has kept the general afloat.

I'm reading through Vinland Saga again right now, so the importance of a community's overall loyalty to each other is sticking in my head at the moment and it's probably making me type like a manga character.

No, I (tumbles) did not throw a shitfit because my rover got buried. I also did not throw a shitfit when my main ship was deleted the other day.

cunt

kek

I always laugh at this hard because one of my posts is in it.

Chill guy. I didn't know who it was. I didn't care.

>Mini nukes
Have fun with fratricide and shit tier damage.

TFW no one will talk about CHODE

Look what I found archive-diving.

JEWS
IN
SPACE