What does Veeky Forums think about Subaru?

What does Veeky Forums think about Subaru?

Shitty modern car design
Cvts
Vaping boyracer faggots
Lesbians

Subaru should an hero.

Like any other japanese car brand, were only good during the 90s.

>hating a car for the people who buy it
Your insecurities are showing.

pigfat and expensive but not luxurious.

Oh, and they're unreliable.

breddy gud :DDDD

Pretty gud if we are just talking about brz/wrx...

Nothing close to what they were in the 1990s during their war with Mitsubishi

unreliable pastishitboxes with decent awd
would not own/10

shit related

They would be infinitly better if they made a normal engine

Love mine, had 5 of them, from 1974 rangeing to 2015.

My 1974 being the best and most reliable.

Old Subaru was cool.

New Subaru is shit. CVT bullshit everywhere. WRX sedan only.

Yuck

Vape

I like it

It used to make wonderful, powerful, safe to drive, reliable cars.
Now it just makes problems on wheels.

good cars but overrated

>Subaru then. "uhh here's the car and you can slap a manual and a hatch on it. Oh? A turbo? Hell just pick any of our cars, well do it why the fuxk not".
>Subaru now. "be home before the street lights are on, and i better not see you without wearing your cvt or you get no fun for dinner!"

mess of ringland, headgasket, and oil leaking issues. Boxer engine is a shitty design, makes no sense to have the pistons sideways with oil pooling in one side of the valvecover just for "weight distribution"

GC8 look cool but thats all i'll give Subaru, i came close to buying an FRS when they first came out but couldnt justify a nice chassis with a garbage engine

Well it can protect you from an angry nog attack.

>riot in front of the liquor store
top kek

>Like any other japanese car brand, were only good during the 80s
Ftfy
Ayyy my 85 is a shit but it refuses to break down completly on me

You have actual autism. Subaru makes some of the most reliable cars.

Name them

I daily my 74' and a 94' Loyale wagon. The wagon is slow as shit but never dies.

74' could use a rebuilt soon

R U S T
H E A D G A S K E T S

>head gaskets
>pistons and rings
>oil burning
these are basic things they're fucking up

Not the guy who made the original post. but if you're talking about the performance line of the Subarus like the WRX, they're pretty reliable compared to other cars in the same class. This coming from a guy who thinks theyre fucking gay.

Just like every other car brand?

I replace all of those on Toyotas all day long.

Have yet to replace those on my Subarus.

No, only the shit car brands, such as your examples.

let me guess, you drive an 03 soft top mustang

More like a '14 Civic sedan. It's 2016AD user, Honda figured out a headgasket

>posts the american designed garbage
You only have yourself to blame for the tribeca and exiga monstrosities

Everything since the justy sucks

I have a 2013 WRX hatchback; it's a stupid car and I don't like it very much.

>he fell for the hot hatch meme

>The people who own a Subaru like them.
>The people who don't think that their brand is better.

Replace Subaru with anything and you have Veeky Forums's opinion on most things.

>It's 2016AD user, Honda figured out a headgasket
So have subaru, yet people still meme about it

>hatchback meme
>tarbo 4 cylinder meme
>subaru meme
>AWD meme

It's a fucking meme machine and it annoys me that I wasted my money on it.

I liked them much better when they were wagons and and not the generic, bloated crossovers with CVTs that they make now

Bring back the Impreza Coupe, and something like a subaru Brat, and not that stupid baja they make back in 2005

Should have more EVs.

>internet cries that they want more sporty RWD cars that are affordable
>Subaru/Toyota make one
>no one buys it

Shut up. No one buys anything unique or cool anymore. The Internet cries that they want manual, RWD, V8 wagons too, and no one bought that shit either.

>errr it too expensive
Nigger, only the shittiest cars available are less than $25,000.

>no one buys it
Pretty sure a lot of people bought them famalam

/thread

muh center of gravity

That ruins the whole point of the Subaru, may as well buy Toyota then

ur a bus lol

Pros
>pretty fun to drive
>probably the cheapest AWD sports car available
>reliable if you take care of them
>older ones are somewhat light
Cons
>new ones are F A T
>stupidly expensive to upgrade and repair
>$15,000 in engine upgrades gets you like 400hp lol
>garbage 5 speeds
>awful gas mileage
Overall, I like them. My '05 WRX is a blast and I would buy it again.

On my BMW I replace my water pump like it's a wear item. every brand's got flaws

>boxer engine
That torque dip is a suitable depth for making an olympic pool

Like VW's electrical gremlins?

pls explain more

more pics

But those engines are terrible.
And at least subarus are attractive and comfortable.
Fuck pancake motors though.

>garbage 5 speeds

Get an STI

I TRIED TO OWN A SUBARU WAGON BUT IT WAS TOO SMALL TO HOLD ALL THE BODIES LIKE I WANTED TO AND SO I CHOPPED THEM UP TO MAKE THEM ALL FIT BUT THEN THE GOO LEAKED INTO THE CARPET AND I COULDNT TAKE THE CAR TO WORK THE NEXT DAY SO I GOT RID OF THAT CAR AND WENT FOR A BUICK INSTEAD AND IT IS MUCH BETTER NOW AND MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE FOR HIGHWAY CRUISING SPEEDS AND RELAXING DRIVES AND THE STEERING WHEEL IS MUCH EASIER TO TURN.

BUICK DID IN 1987 WHAT SUBARU CANNOT DO INTO TODAY, THAT IS LARGE AMOUNTS OF BODY STORAGE PLUS ELECTRONIC TOUCH CLIMATE CONTROL, PROPER V8 DEEP BURBLE SOUND, RELIABILITY, NOT LOSING HEAD GASKET LEFT AND RIGHT, SUPREME COMFORT AND BE OF GETTING THUMBS UP FROM LOCAL RESIDENTS WHILE I DRIVE BY WHICH SUBARU COULD NEVER DO.

THIS IS WHY I SWEAR BY GM QUALITY AND SOLID BODY-BY-FISHER CONSTRUCTION AS OPPOSE TO JAPANESE SHIT WHICH NEVER BE GETTING THE THUMBS-UP WHILE DRIVING TO WORK BECAUSE SUBARU IS UNREMARKABLE AND GENERALLY CRAP.

ALSO WHEN YOU NEED TO CRUISE DOWN THE HIGHWAY AT 85 MPH WITH 10 SHEETS OF 4X8 PLYWOOD IN THE CAR DRY AND SAFE EVEN THOUGH IT IS RAINING OUTSIDE LOOK NOT FURTHER THAN BUICK FULL-SIZE WAGON, FOR NO SIZE BETTER THAN FULL SIZE BABYCAKES.

YOU THINK YOU CAN PICK UP A GAL OFF THE SIDE OF THE STREET WITH YOUR SUBARU WAGON? NYET CHANCE! THAT IS OTHER DISADVANTAGE! SUBARU WAGON SIMPLY NOT CONDUCIVE TO ATTRACTING VICTIMS LATER-TO-BE-BODIES INSIDE SUBARU WAGON.

ADDITIONALLY, SUBARU WAGON GENERALLY INADEQUATE FOR SLEEPING INTO. BUICK ELECTRA ESTATE WAGON MUCH BETTER! SEATS FOLD FLAT INTO 'FLOOR' VERY EASY TO THEN INSTALL SMALL MAT, SLEEPING BAG, ETCETERA, WITH PLENTY OF ROOM - NOT EVEN NEEDING TO FOLD OR MOVE DRIVERS SEAT - PERFECT COMFORTS AWAY FROM HOME UNDER OVERPASS WHILE NEEDING TO TRANSIT FROM VARIOUS RUST BELT CITY, NO NEED FOR HOLIDAY INN CAN JUST EXIST IN CAR WITHOUT ISSUE! LARGE BATTERY AND VERY GENEROUS GM 3 WIRE ALTERNATOR 110 AMP VARIANT ALLOWS FOR AMPLE CHARGING AND RUNNING OF LAPTOP, PHONE, INTERNET ROUTER FOR STEALING FREE GUEST WIFI OF VARIOUS RESTARAUNT HOTEL COFFEE SHOP AND LOWES IN AREA AS TO NOT INCUR 4G CHARGES WHILE AWAY, MUCH DISTANCE THANKS TO YAGI ARRAY DESIGNED TO MOUNT ONTO NOT-CHEAPASS-PLASTIC LUGGAGE RACK (REAL CHROME!)

Everything on BMWs are wear items.

Had a Forester XT I got dirt cheap because it needed head gaskets. Did it in the driveway with my dad, beat the shit out of it for years then sold it for a few grand of profit.

THe sunroof was killer

FUCK yeah nigga!

Really regret selling it to be honest. It was such a dual purpose vehicle. Fun to drive and great in the snow

Can confirm. I've been doing the most basic of maintenance on my subaru. It's 26 years old, I've beat on it for 40k miles, and it still goes. 208k on it now.

My buddy has a Forester with a very similar story. Subaru's are of the few cars that could take the punishment he gave them, according to him.