/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, October 3rd:
1912 – U.S. forces defeat Nicaraguan rebels under the command of Benjamín Zeledón at the Battle of Coyotepe Hill.
1918 – World War I: Following his armed forces' defeat by the Allied Powers, Bulgarian Tsar Ferdinand I abdicated in favor of his son Boris III
1929 – The Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes is renamed to Kingdom of Yugoslavia, "Land of the South Slavs".

>News
EU4 - 22/09
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-22nd-of-september-2016.970333/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!IkNwBRKR!WI_JYByFpRFzXLx3d1uD2A

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6 - 15/09/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V8
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Shkreli
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

HOW DOES IT FEEL!?

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Isn't the guy who's about to buy Veeky Forums the same guy who got the manufacturing license of some medicine in the US and raised its price to 55 times its original value last year?

Also, fuck you.

And my first territorial expansion. Once my financial situation is a little more stable, I'll usurp the Duchy of Salerno and take the remaining province.

Based

>Also, fuck you.
Why, lad?

>30 posts early

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Shkreli
This guy?

Its of Albanian-Croatian descent so he is double scum in a nutshell.

Look, /gsg/ OP is an abomination whose only purposes in life is to destroy hope by serving as example of why humanity needs to be eradicated and post OP for /gsg/. If it was to ever happen that he failed in the second part of his existnce he would focus more on the first. You wouldn't want that would you.

Nice try, steamcord, but I wasn't even the original guy. See: The second post isn't R&I

>avatarfagging

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

fug

Napoopan lad where are you? You said you'd get back on the 28th but you didn't. I cannot handle any more delays. ;_;

Shit meme

fucking kill yourself you putrid cunt

Based

>left wing posting

Is there any consensus on retinue composition for Reaper's Due? I know it used to be 1 defence+the rest HI cultural, are Cataphracts good again?

>consensus
And why would that matter?

Because I'd rather have a non-shit retinue? If there's some sort of tendency towards oe type or the other, it probably means something.

>Because I'd rather have a non-shit retinue?
Why didn't you ask that then? You just asked about the consensus.
>If there's some sort of tendency towards oe type or the other, it probably means something.
It doesn't though.

You're being needlessly pedantic user, I get your thrust but it's quite unnecessary.

What is your advice for a good retinue?

You are such a retard.

Rule of 2 is maintained. Aside from that, it depends on your culture, but catapachts are a decent one to invest into.

I'm just pointing out your flaws in thinking that a consensus somehow leads you to truth discovery.
>What is your advice for a good retinue?
Pretty much the next post.
Nah, you're the retarded one here.

Alright, thanks.

I'm well aware that finding a consensus among non-experts means very little (especially here), but very little is still better than nothing.

>but very little is still better than nothing.
That's where you're wrong. If you have some experience in the game you can probably formulate something better than the consensus here, which doesn't even exist strictly speaking.

How to get Swahili as accepted as Oman?

Pic for attention

Fair enough. I must say despite my hours spent playing CK2, I know very little about the actual micro-scale mechanics of combat.

Apparently, fending off a Muslim invasion wasn't enough to make the Glory faction not pissed off.

Fortunately, the entire Glory faction is a single count with like 800 men.

You can't.

Transparent Political Mapmode
Revolutionary Borders - NO FONT
There Be Monsters - TI Mod

Just to add - if you are gona use Catapacht Dominated retinue, make sure the leaders is byzantine.

>are Cataphracts good again?
No, avoid horse archers like the plague.

School bullying PSA, medieval edition.

I'm already bored

No one who completed EU4 WC ever said it was "fun".

The furthest I've ever gotten with Ryukyu was conquering most of Europe. God damn, it's just so fucking boring.

>reddit meme nation is boring
Who knew. Gonna try Ulm next?

No, French and Occitan get the couched lance charge which is better.

Regardless, horse archers still count as light infantry for determining tactics, and therefore they tend to roll harass which lowers their damage by 150%. Pure cataphract retinues are very bad.

Hmmmm

Why do you know this? Seems like you've been there if you know their meme nations.

>light infantry
I'm retarded, they count as light cavalry

based /gsg/ political commissar

Someone has to sacrifice themselves so they know how to recognize the cancer.

I'll concede you the Occitann, I didn't realise they were that much better, thought they are on the same level. But can you give sauce on Horse archers counting as light cav?

Anyone know where in the game files capitals are specified? (EU4)

That seems like a cheap trick to fool me that you aren't one with the enemy.

The crypto-kikes can't stop me anymore

>leaving yourself vulnerable to enemy memes

Knowledge of that type corrupts the brain. You aren't the same person you were before studying the enemy.

www.ckiiwiki.com/combat_tactics
There are values you can work in to sorta deal with it, but horse archers are pretty bad even when optimised.

NORDICKED

Nobody?

Best Indian substate to play in India?

Which one is the most Aryan?

you dont have to crop each picture, i'm interested in the map because we want to see other countries and borders and shit so we can post >bulgaria and tell you to memesade it

Do Muslim ones count? If so, then the United Kingdom.
>most Aryan
Oh, nevermind.

>memesade
It's that when you invade just so you can fix fucked up borders? Is it meme-tier if I request an invasion of Italy from the Pope just so I can make every Duchy into a merchant republic and grant them all independence?

Find 1 (one) flaw. Go on. Do it.

Protip:you LITERALLY can't you faggots

Posting non meme one this time

Northern ones, preferably Sikh.

>That United Italy
>That United Kingdom in the British Isles

Those borders are horrific.

Vijayanagar is the only one I ever played.
It was comfy.

In what game?

>part of A-H

it's alright

Munich, Belgrade, that part of Switzerland?

I don't know about EU4, but in EU3 they're in the history/countries folder under the specified country's file

I use lightshot to take screens, but I can do the full screen if you like.

Borders so far. I really want to grab Krete, but it's too far away to Holy War or Seize City, how should I get to it?

Probably gonna need to get lucky with a Byzantine revolt or just fabricate a claim.

Map mod?

Europa Universalis IV\history\countries

It's too far to fabricate a claim. I'm considering swearing fealty to the Byzantine Emperor so I can expand from the inside, does that sound like a reasonable plan? Are there unforeseen pitfals I should know about?

Playing CK2, the Pope's my vassal, I know you can take his title and become pope (although the mechanics are janky). What's the fastest way to do this? I don't have a claim on the papacy or anything

>Are there unforeseen pitfals I should know about?
Taxes stuck, but I think playing as Amalfi usually involves swearing to Byzantium since they will be very aggressive to you.

Alright, I'll give that a go after hijacking Capua.

>Being an empire in CK2
>Vassalizeing the Pope
>Trying to use exploits to become Pope
I think you should check out Reddit, friendo

fug I thought I said in HPM

What the fuck is this me lads

I won the reunification war as the heavenly kingdom and am crushing my reactionary rebels.

Should I reunify qing borders now or later or never?

And which makes more sense to take, Rome, Constantinople, or Wittenburg?

The only time I vassalized the Pope was when the Pope was a hedonistic Wicked Priest. It was my duty as a good Catholic.

Best DE?

none just use i3

Does anyone have a link to Apocalypse 1836 that works with the latest version of HPM?

that's too deep for me as of now, i've used awesome a little though and I kinda liked it. is i3 a lot better?

Yeah

pls post

Just jump into it and it will get more natural
Learn vim if you haven't, having a desktop based around vim shortcuts is god tier

*posts Apocalypse 1836 that works with the latest version of HPM*

You could have created an antipope and replaced the bad one.

*posts*

Pretty new CK2 player here, in my most recent game I've created the empire of Israel, rebuilt the temple, gotten all the holy sites and I now control almost all of the Middle East except for Persia

What do I do now

That's exactly how you vassalize the Pope, user.

it's in the OP freid

Uhhhhhhhhjhhjhjj

There are better ways than making circles.

I was just making some good borders for him

Now that you know how to play, do a game that doesn't involve blobbing massively. CK2 is really comfy if you don't create an empire. Pick a kingdom and maintain it (or even start as a vassal within and take it over first). Go crusading and bring glory to the church. Form alliances and actually lose wars sometimes.

Nothing,you won.
Only way to play long term grand strategy is to never ever reload.