Other urls found in this thread:

fastestlaps.com/models/bmw-330i
ultimatespecs.com/car-specs/BMW/4990/BMW-E46-3-Series-Coupe-330Ci.html
auto-data.net/en/?f=showCar&car_id=10003
thecarconnection.com/specifications/bmw_3-series_2001_330ci-2dr-cpe_dimensions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes
if you maintain it like you do with 90's hondas or chevies

If it has been factory maintained then yes. If it has been maintained properly by an indepedent mechanic, and you continue to do so, it will be reliable. Keep in mind things will break, as they do on any car.

not necessarily. it's just prone to failure since most are old as fuck now and weren't maintained the way they were meant to be. if it has service records for a long ass time you're probably okay.

still I would set aside money for maintenance if you're not comfortable doing your own timing belt and water pump along with cooling system

Yup. And slower than a corolla.
Not to mention worse interior than a corolla

hahahahahahahah good one

>yfw its true

>yfw your wifes son is laughing at your shitbox while you drive him to school

>bmw fags

>corollafags

Looks like hes having fun though
And not lying to himself

people have a wide variety of having fun, like filming their wives being mounted by african americans, but it doesn't mean i have to adhere to such activities, nor does it mean i'm lying to myself.

But you are.
330ci is slow as fuck. Not to mention heavy, unreliable, and the interior disintegrates in front of your very eyes.

236bhp is not slow at all, nor is it unreliable in the right hands. the interior is also able to stand up to abuse just as well as a corolla if not better due to the fact that it's thick ass leather and not just a rug.

Maybe or maybe not. But it's a fun, good-looking car. What more can you ask for? Only get one if manual though.

225hp.
3600lbs
16 sec 1/4 mile
Its pathetic
But those leather seats are THICK huh?
>tfw 40 year old cloth corolla seats arent ripped

bmw is unrealiable

Only if you maintain it to the maintenance schedule

They actually recommend 15,000 mile oil changes

And dont forget to lube the locks

easy mistake, locks are brand new tech.

the kinks take time to work out ^_^

Never happened to me, but then I rarely use the locks as remote locking is a thing

What I will say is changing the battery in the key is a real pain in the ass

>actually citing 1/4 mile times as if its the be all spec

way to discredit yourself

that guy is clearly a baller

what's your issue with having fun yo

I wonder what the fuel tank layout is like in that

Just letting you know its slow, unreliable, and uncomfortable.
While being over priced

nice meme. all that weight can be stripped and it is still more comfortable to drive than a corolla.

>thinks an i4 is going to be more powerful than an i6
>Thinks that being dumb and lack of maintenance lets you call a car unreliable

kys

bmw is unreliable because it has inferior engineers and pompous marketing

ride is nice though

german engineering is actually done to a high precision. it's only inferior to you because you struggle to actually follow their guidelines due to the verbosity of having to do more than just tell tony to fix it again.

My 320Ci (can't spea for the 330) has 140,000 indicated miles (plus 30,000 I know have been rolled off, probably more I don't know) and it runs like a dream.

The only issue is a transmission oil leak and the passenger side window motor. Seats are all intact apart from a small tear on the drivers side bolster, and the engine dynoed at 156hp (from 171 stock 15 years ago) so despite nearly 2 decades of abuse it's still putting down 90% of the factory power

But keep raging because your corrolla hasn't seen an oil change since 1983 and keeps running anyway

>BMW Guidelines
>bring in for service
>a lot

makes sense, very reliable

my honda had oil added recently and all the seats are fine thanks

and still i laugh at people with 4 year old cars in the bay bi-monthly

it's not about ok, it's about exceptional. bmw was never exceptional, they just market themselves that way.

mercedes is exceptional if you want well engineered german work

No, just make sure to replace the plastic bits in the cooling system, much better to do it before they break.

That has been disassembles from the inside you retard. Also, they invented remote central locking for a reason, what sort of poor cunt actually uses a key to open their car.

why do heavy car fags always post their hp and not weight

it's slow as fuck m8

don't subscribe op to cancer

when that windshield cracks he's going to have to scrap the car because it's not worth the cost

>mercedes is exceptional if you want well engineered german work

Only if you want glass autotragics and the stench of pakis. I know the meme is turks in BMWs, but I see a lot more browns in Mercs than BMWs

>muh weight

by your shitty ass logic every hypercar is slow. weight is irrelevant by itself you faggot.

they they are better at finances than people give then credit for anymore

they are like second place jews

They're just really fucking frugal, not cunning like jews are

Pakis live 15 to a 3 bed apartment and all work minimum wage long hours, so they have plenty of cash for things like tasteless mods on their used mercedes

How fucking poor are you? Can't afford $2-300 for a windscreen?

>appleautoglass fix

that'd be too smart

not like bmw owners

I don't know what the fuck you are saying, but windscreens aren't expensive. If you have insurance, you sometimes get a free windscreen a year as well.

Tell me where you would buy a windscreen that would cost more than say, $500

I would argue short of having it custom made for classic cars it would be impossible

lol, i was just being hyperbolic, bmw hardware is crap and that's just the truth

>sources?

ask any modern bmw owner

>talking about old BWM

it wasn't great vs. other cars of the time either

bmw dealership

>Go in under warranty
>Get it for free
>Take in used car
>Get raped

You take your corolla to Toyota for a windscreen, they'll charge you $1500 as well you know

330 ci
330 ci
330 ci
330 ci

are you incapable of taking in context?

besides, everyone i know with a new bmw is tired of getting it serviced already

they are boats of crap. heaping piles of luxury rot

bmw hardware is no less reliable than your toyota buddy. please tell me how it has this magical glass that is impervious to shock ill wait.

>muh glass is just as good QQ

---BMW Owners Field Manual

>thinks power is the only factor
Keep your head in the sand faggot

Lol its a broken lock moron. Its obvious and there are countless articles about how shitty bmw locks are

What does the drivetrain have to do with the bodyshell?

It's got the same sheet metal as my 320Ci, and I can tell you a windscreen (from autoglass) is only £90 (or about $150)

>besides, everyone i know with a new bmw is tired of getting it serviced already
What do new cars have to do with a used 330Ci? They don't even make 3 series coupes anymore
>they are boats of crap. heaping piles of luxury rot
Again, from personal experience mine is still running like a dream with probably over 200K on the clock, but then apparently putting a different engine in the same body means everything becomes 10x as expensive

>weight is irrelevant by itself you faggot.
So is HP.
Thats why he said
>why do heavy car fags always post their hp and not weight

My last windscreen was $130 installed

>What do new cars have to do with a used 330

nothing, i was replying to 3rd party user posting about warranty

again, 15 year old japan anything will also run like a dream, it's the standard not the exception. congrats on having a passable bmw

I can pull up 500 15 year old BMWs in great condition, and I can also pull up 500 15 year old Jap cars that are literally made of rust

The E46 isn't a godsend, but it also isn't an unreliable car. Mine has never missed a beat, except for corroded battery connections, whereas my Accord (6 years younger than the BMW) is currently sitting in my garage with 71,000 miles and a cracked head

yea you got me

it weighs 3097 lbs and it does mid 14s 1/4 mile, corolla fags lying again whew
the 330ci is kind of unkillable, my mate has owned a 330ci drift missle for about 6 years, still spins its wheels on 3rd gear on dry asphalt.
He has crashed the car several times but it just wont die

>it weighs 3097 lbs and it does mid 14s 1/4 mile
Its like you think people dont know how to use a search engine

I don't think some of you can.
Also I have a BMW service manual with all the curb weights, 0-62 times etc.
fastestlaps.com/models/bmw-330i

because of this thread i'll find a clean one this fall when people don't want to pay for winter parking and if Veeky Forums fails me on this im going to the following s/o/cal and ramming everyone into a ditch

>memelaps
Kill
Your
Self
I pulled the REAL curb and quarter from bmw forums and backed up the info with google

>service manual
>bmw
>not lying nazies

this is well known shit bluepill user

Sure you did bud
auto-data.net/en/?f=showCar&car_id=10003
it weighs 3197 lbs with 90% of fuel, 75kg luggage and driver
thecarconnection.com/specifications/bmw_3-series_2001_330ci-2dr-cpe_dimensions
I've owned an E46 328ci and a 325i, you made up a magical 3600lbs number.

>listing the lightest model in europe
Go die in a fire faggot

236 is slow in modern times, sorry to dissapoint.

You are honest to god retarded. If you aren't an utter pleb, a BMW us just as reliable as other things. Many years ago I had an e38 with 300,000 on it, thing drove like new. Only problem it had was some pixels missing from the instrument cluster display. Had an e39, nearly 200,000 also perfect, drove like a legend, not an issue with it. The thing that fucks beemers is retarded owners who don't service them, and don't replace things that need replacement.

Well shit, I've only been working on cars (including many many BMWs) for 14 years or so and have never seen it. As I said, fuck know why you'd be using the lock anyway.

Is that from the MRolla build thread for 24 hours of lemons?

it's brain damage, im not sure if thats retardation or just brain damage

but yeah

old cars wheewww

so complicated and hard to maintain

i already conceded the body was nice and threatened everyone at s/o/cal what more do you want

your brain is slow in all times

I don't know what you are saying. 330ci is a cool car, goes alright, decent economy, rides nicely and handles well. E46/e38/e39 were the golden age of beemers. Plus e30 if you like them older. Fucking e30 325i vert hhhnnngggg

Owned mine for 5 years, short answer is no - it is a reliable car.

Weak points are cooling systems and rust. If you are unlucky, the crankcase breather valve (£250 at a garage all in for mine) and maybe VANOS seals. I haven't had that problem on mine, but it isn't expensive.

Electrics on mine have been fine, and everything works. Suspension arms / bushes have been replaced on mine and it was very easy and parts were cheap.

They can snap rear springs, something like £20 for a new one and very easy to fit.

The "hedgehog resistor" (google it) can go which renders the heater useless and if you are unlucky, can drain the battery overnight. £30 part, and very easy to fit on LHD models. Pain in the arse on RHD ones like mine but simple enough. Just awkward.

Mine has had new front wings due to rust - £80 a side off ebay in the right colour and very easy to fit.

The newer M54 engines (325i and 330i) can use a bit of oil, mine needs a small topup every 1000 miles or so. Something like 500ml.

Engines are very strong unless you cook them, so do not let them overheat. Clutch and gearbox are strong - mine is on the originals at 170k miles.

Rear wheel bearings are a cunt as the driveshafts have to come out, about £180 at a garage per side. Fronts are easy and £35 part.

Great cars, and certainly not a money pit if you get one that has been looked after and keep an eye on it. I think that is all the issues I have had, will add any others I have forgotten later. It has been no worse than my previous cars (mostly Vectras and Mondeos, one A4) and the fuel economy is surprisingly good.

i have a 2000 328ci and I have had a similar experience except i've had some random electrical problems. Still worth it in my eyes, great car.

Here he is everyone, right on time. Davis, the scheduled E46 shillfag.

Watch in awe how he refutes sourceable facts with opinion and anecdotes

>its reliable
>lists tons of issues
Burn in a fire moron

>anecdotal
>tons of issues
lmao what a fucking imbecile

when did scotty kilmer get in this thread

Im installing a new radiator to mine and completely revamping the cooling system and AC... but mine has a timing chain bruh :)

If you buy one, just immediately replace the cooling system with the upgraded one (I think by Behr? Can't recall), or it WILL eventually fuck you.

How does it have a chain?

They all have chains after the e30 you fucking imbicile.

Don't you talk to me in that tone of voice or I'll break your soul off wth the power of Shang tsun

>Don't you talk to me in that tone of voice or I'll break your soul off wth the power of Shang tsun

I'll break your wallet with the power of German engineering, and pimp slap that Chink with the broken parts.

No, they're one of the better ones. Expensive parts and lots of them though.
Generally avoid stuff with V engines and/or turbos. Different level of PITA