Coupe Utility Cancer

Can anyone explain to me why an SUV is shaped like this or why anyone thinks it is a good idea to put a spoiler on an SUV?
Geez, I thought the X6 was shitty but fuck look at this thing! No wonder they don't have the X-series in Europe (other than the few other obvious reasons, ofc).
The Mercedes GLA is just as fucking bad. But at least they didn't start this shitty trend and just capitalised on a market that was already there.

Pic of concept

For when the soccer moms what to be "safe" but have a sports car.

To let your kids know to get their own car when they're tall enough or have a miserable time getting driven around. Gezz

>Land Rover
>Jeep
>Minivan
C'mon. Even a Dodge Calibre is better looking than a BWM X4.

You mean let the Chinese kids with new-money parents know that...
However, I'd much rather sit in the back of a BWN X6 than a normal limousine. They're comfy, smooth, and all abouts. Just not worth driving or looking at, IMO.

I'd drive it and laugh at you in your cheap Corolla

>Can anyone explain to me why an SUV is shaped like this or why anyone thinks it is a good idea to put a spoiler on an SUV?

Reduces drag, improves efficiency.

The Caliber isn't a Bimmer that Soccer moms wants.

>No X-Series in Europe
What the fuck are you talking about? When I lived in Paris a guy down the street from me had an X6M. I saw X5s somewhat frequently.

I don't think you understand what a coupe utility is. Pic related.

Not OP. But I'd take a V6 turbo corolla in manual over an X6 any day. On a drag race, I'd win, too.

It's an SUV. Remember when aerocaps were a thing for pickups? Fuck they were horrid.
It's an SUV for god's sake. Buy a hatchback if you want something more fuel efficient. Though, perhaps the Europeans can't see it from the US point of view. Hmm?

What I meant was it's a "sports utility" coupe-styled vehicle.

Audi A5 hatchback.

Oh fuck. I almost forgot about the X5s and their governmental usage. Let's put it this way: they're nowhere near as common as they are in NA.

what up senpai

>Buy a hatchback if you want something more fuel efficient.

Or I could buy an SUV with a sloped roof and a spoiler.

Who sells you your crack, get him on the phone asap

Designed to be mediocre at everything

Or you could buy a volkswagon jetta hatchback with a lift kit ^__^

>Audi A5 Hatchback
>Hatchback
Remember these are marketed towards soccer moms who thinks a SUV will make her safer in an accident than a car.

Hmmm.. yeah, you're right on that one.
Are they safer though? Like how trucks are apparently safer due to the weight distribution during loss of control collisions.

It's nothing new.
pic related

Two doors actually make it look sexy.

>I'd drive it and laugh at you in your cheap Corolla
For the same price you could make a real mean Corolla.

Or you could just get a regular 4 Series.

If you compare the X6 and the GLE, the GLE does better at literally everything. Check up the videos. I would actually buy the GLE diesel if I had the money.
The GLA is certainly the smallest.

>V6 turbo corolla
When did Corolla release a V6?

I presume it also stop the rear end lifting at high speed so your wife's son's mother doesn't spin off and crash, like the early audi TTs

>Can anyone explain to me why an SUV is shaped like this or why anyone thinks it is a good idea to put a spoiler on an SUV?
women.
It's the only answer. They're the only ones stupid enough to buy BS like that.

I think the older X6 looks good but it's form over function for me. They are heavier, have more drag, require larger tires for aesthetic reasons and are wasteful in all departments. But people like how they look and some people like the high seating position. It seems that in general this is a better car "format" for an average joe who isn't into cars (an SUV). Sporty SUV is just a prettier version.

Automotive cancer basically

hahha m8 you'd get absolutely towled by an X6M, even if a V6 Corolla existed

>No wonder they don't have the X-series in Europe
What? These things sell like hotcakes here.

>implying one would ever race with a stock engine corolla or civic