So what's the most comfy car I can get for less than 10k?

So what's the most comfy car I can get for less than 10k?
Ive been oogling at a 2001-2002 ls430, because I don't know if a 2004 7 series would be a good Idea. I'd mostly be doing inner city driving, think Dallas.

ls430 is the correct answer

04-05 is much better. Facelift. Available ultra luxury package which is pretty dope.

Ooh, sounds enticing
I'm just wary about the whole cheap upkeep cost of Lexus thing. If something breaks, is it really considerably less expensive than other cars? I currently own a 97 328i and it's fucking killing me with these costs

Congrats OP, your test scores are in.

You received the following grade,

10/10 a perfect A+

It's solid. Try to get a model without navigation as the maps are going to be completely useless at this point.

Literally toyota

Also you should remember that this car is sold as a Toyota Celsior in Japan so there's no Lexus markup for many parts. If you shop around replacement parts are going to be fairly cheap. Just do your research and don't pay dealer costs for anything.

It's not that it's cheaper to fix when something does break. It's that things break less often. The 430 has a timing belt instead of a chain which is a $2k service every 80-100k miles. The ULP has air springs while the regular car has coils. They're around 20k though.

99 toyota Avalon
Holy shit those seats
Spend the rest on genuine upgrades

Seriously do not get the LS430 with air suspension. Parts are hard to come by and repairing it when it eventually wears out is extremely expensive. Conventional suspension is already great and much cheaper as far as upkeep goes.

2002-2006 toyota camry is the ultimate comfy car

Cadillac Eldorado from any year that fits your price range. You asked comfiest. There IS a difference between luxury and comfort, and Americans did comfort better, it's a fact.

Do you want the absolute comfiest car or the best comfy car to own?
Comfiest would be a W220 S class
The best idea would be the LS430

>04-06 base ls430 goes for as much if not significantly more than the 01-03 with the ultra luxury package
>tfw lyft needs 2004 or later
>tfw uber needs 2005 and later

Why would you drive for the evil empire? Uber and Lyft both pay absolute garbage once you factor in all the drunk people vomiting in the car and other depreciation.

>don't pay dealer costs for anything.
There are lots of shared Toyota parts-bin things that bring the cost way down, even dealer prices. I had to pick up some bushings for some sway bar endlinks on my Lexus a couple weeks ago and paid like $3 each at the Lexus dealer. Same price as the Toyota dealer. I could have saved a dollar per piece online probably but paid for shipping.

>not selecting a late model town car with 20k miles owned by old white people

As long as it has a column shifter, landboats with floor shifters are my per peeve.

Late 90s early 2000s lincolns should be on your list.

Implying those don't get traded in at dealers and resold to other old people for $15k

>I need a comfy car
>looking at an ls430
>7 series might be a bad idea

You're smart shopper and everything but you started the thread with what was going to be the answer to your question.