Music List: pad.riseup.net/p/datmusic
Meets List: pad.riseup.net/p/datmeets
/dat/ Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1829299

>Community Links
Cart/o/graphy Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1049739
/dat/ Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DailyAusfagThread/

>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List: pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg (embed)
/dat/ Recommended Bikes: my.mixtape.moe/mpxqyl.jpg (embed)
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread: → #

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/010IDtABv9b2ChJ0v
carsales.com.au/car/maserati/bora/
vocaroo.com/i/s1BXECQxcaFb
carsales.com.au/private/details/Audi-TT-1999/SSE-AD-4067339/?Cr=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Jimmy is dead and gone

legit why is the only thing you cunts talk about in these threads this fucking jimmy guy? I just want to talk with some other local cunts about fucking cars but it's just arguing about jimmy in these threads over and over again it's actually depressing

then break the chain and discuss cars instead of complaining cunt

have tried, now just shitposting

actually anyone know any good australian car forums

there are none, believe me, i've looked.
unless you want to shitpost about having a sick commodore or sick falcon all day.

whats your favorite car? we could shitpost about that kind of thing for a while. pic related is the maserati bora, the only 70s italian car i like.

I really like the dodge challenger at the moment. Just looks so... hnggh

pity they are so expensive to import/convert/etc here, especially considering how they're not all that expensive in the US

>I just want to talk with some other local cunts about fucking cars
Then go to the Discord.
>discord.gg/010IDtABv9b2ChJ0v

in terms of cars i could reasonably go and purchase right now though, I want this WRX

for a hatchback less than $15k second hand, is there going to be a better mix of fun and reliability than a low klms swift sport?

i know that feel man. i really want a dodge charger.

Get a relatively cheap VW Golf if you're going the small hatchback route. The next step up would be a BMW 1 series but those are still pretty expensive. A Swift is a chick car.

There aren't any. Car forums in general are cancer unless you have a really specific thing you need to know about a specific car. Just talk here, I'll talk cars with you if you arent a pleb like falcunt

Chin up lads, with locally manufactured cars gone, we're going to start seeing some really nice imports in the next few years. I've no doubt some of the newer Fords and Dodges will make their way here.

Why? Get an 05 sti with the 6 speed and dccd (or whatever year that stuff came out). Better than that pigfat thing.

love hatches and wagons, and the 08 - 13 hatch is like the two combined

Performance > form always mate.

carsales.com.au/car/maserati/bora/

seems affordable :(

The sales of the new Mustang here have supposedly made GM stand up and take notice of muscle car potential here so they might be sending 2018 Dodge Chargers over here.

holy shit that is ludicous, the sportier meerak goes for less than that. i've seen one or two meeraks go for under $40k.

my red car's interior light burned. so I'm thinking of getting those leds, but should I match the body color, opposite color (blue) or just plain white?

i think they look pretty sick

so you're saying get an evo?

sick to you
effeminate to everyone else

Veeky Forums seems to be obsessed with the cunt
>riced out a mr2
>Burns his car to the ground (astra)
>apparently has some girlyass audi tt
Oh thats why

the audi TT is a sports car mate. its better than a common-dore or a failcon.

>audi
>tt
>sports
>jimmy
vocaroo.com/i/s1BXECQxcaFb
shit

>132kw
>'sport'
carsales.com.au/private/details/Audi-TT-1999/SSE-AD-4067339/?Cr=1

Poor little fucker slower than my 16 year old faildoors

What do you have on your dash, /dat/?
Is it clean or do you put figures on there?

Lel. His turbo would get me from a stop start but i"d probably pull away pretty quick after if it's only got 132kw.

At least my car makes 225rwkw

He probably has a job though, and doesn't just leach off taxpayers, so there's always that.

Sure if you like something that's a cunt to work on. I don't give a fuck either way, just if he wants a subie may as well get the best one possible

>projecting
Who gives a shit? We all leech of someone its the way of the world bitch.

>having anything on your dash
absolutely disgusting. everything on or attached to my dash is exactly as it came from the factory.
are you fucking new here cunt? jimmy is a neet on disability and leeched tax payer dosh for that tt.

>jimmy
>job
Pick one

Lol at least i aint on disability fuck that shit

Anyway i dont really give a shit and dont judge people especially on here where i am only one of many average losers desu

Kek, projecting. No mate, I actually have a job and a skill, so I'm not a dolebludging piece of shit, who wastes his money on a v8 Calais he doesnt need. I leech off noone, as I'm a big boy now and can take care of myself.

>are you fucking new here cunt?
Mate I couldn't give a shit, I like to rip on falcunt so leave your facts out of it.

>Lol at least i aint on disability fuck that shit

You could probably get it, they are pretty generous for mental retardation I hear.

it worked for jimmy

>v8 calais
>dont need
Lol whos projecting now how am i meant to get into town for work and shopping fuckhead?
Shit tier/10 git gud

>jimmy goes into centalink and claims he mentally challenged
>they need proof
>"i bought a bright blue astra convertible"
>jimmy gets approved instantly

>Lol whos projecting now how am i meant to get into town for work and shopping fuckhead?

You don't have a job. Could probably get a shitbox 4 banger that doesnt cost a shitload in rego, and that you don't break all the fucking time.

You are destined to always be poor. Get money from cento, spend it on muh v8 m8, it's fully sick.

>work

>getting this triggered instead of relaxing and enjoying the bantz
yeah nah fuck off ya judgemental prick aye
>meme arrow

lol jimmy

hey guys lets not talk about jimmy. what is everyone's favourite car manufacturer? mine is jimmy

J I M M Y
I
M
M
Y M M I J

>claims last owner has owned it for 5 years
>Jimmy sold it early last year
>it's been through the wog and at least one other confirmed owner since then
>FIVE YEARS

Fucking shameless cunt.

lol jimmy

I think if Jimmy were a girl his name would be Jimberly. What do you guys think?

whats the story here?

>tucked away in a garage
the natural habit of a fucked car

>getting this triggered instead of relaxing and enjoying the bantz

>second day on the job
>boss tells me to run down the street and pick up a medium weigh brake tool
>stood at the counter for about 10 minutes before they told me I'd been stooges

ok cunts

>buy '96 del sol
>racing radiator
>s2000 calipers
>track it
>on the way back from track stop at maccas
>no one there because late
>talk to grill cleaning the tables
>cute, 18, at uni, interested in cars (or faking it because i was)
>take her outside to show her my rasekar
>she is visibly perturbed but tries to smile
>says she needs to get back to work
>'hey whats your name'>
>she turns over her shoulder and whispers 'jimmy'

what do???

do you mean to say 'I'd been jimmy'd' ? Sounds like a classic jimmying to me!

It's the MR2 and I assume Jimmy asking the owner about it's history.

here are some words that rhyme with jimmy

2 syllables:
chimie, dhimmi, dimmy, dim e, dim he, gimme, gimmie, gym he, him he, hymn he, im e, im he, im mi, jimi, jimmie, jim e., jim he, kimmey, kim e, kim e., kim ee, kim he, kim hee, limb he, limey, rimey, rim he, shimmy, slimey, stimey, swimmy, swim he, timmie, timmy, tim e, tim he, trim he, whimmy, whim he

3 syllables:
kissimmee, mckimmey, mckimmy

4 syllables:
pseudonym he

kys

5 minutes and counting since last jimmy post

step up bois.

Just shut the fuck up you bloody spanner.

sorry did i make your thread worse

>yeah nah fuck off ya judgemental prick aye
I'm enjoying the fuck out of the bantz tbqh famalam. I'm allowed to be judgemental, you're spending my money on breaking cars.

I wouldn't even harrass you so hard if you didn't bring it on yourself. Also, get a job.

because legit just wanted to fit in and talk about jimmy

Chill out have a beer

Mate I'm chilled as all fuck already. Loving the bantz.

GM could absolutely dominate Ford if they bothered bringing RHD converted Camaros, Corvettes, and the Cadillac lineup as a whole over here.

What answer would Ford have to any of these things? Mustang for the Camaro, ?? for everything else.

Stop user, you're getting my hopes up of getting nice imports.

Noice

Quite a popular show.

>local guy owned it for the last 5 years
what the fuck didnt jimmy sell it just last year?

First guy sounds like Jimmy.

New theory, Jimmy never owned the car, it was always Hazim's but they were m8s and Hazimmy always let Jimmy use the mr2, especially after the AU falcon died.

Once he sold that he ended up getting his own Astra, and thus not needing to drive the MR2 around anymore.

>inb4 BMW
Maybe that was another one of his friends cars? Or he legit bought that after the Falcon, then sold it again straight away to get the Astra.

Now in that time, Hazim riced the MR2 and sold it, or sold it and someone else riced it, and then the next owner is trying to sell it and Jimmy has gone back with his m8 to troll the seller.

that is the stupidest jimmy theory to date

someone needs to make a wiki page for jimmy i reckon.

So retarded but so funny at the same time.

Because these threads are dominated by south aus children

i wonder what it takes to even get a page.
is he even famous enough?

They all became obsolete with the rise of social media. Sites like calaisturbo.com.au, skylinesaustralia.net.au and nissansilvia.com were hives of shitposting as well as being fantastic recepticles for knowledge.

Relic of the past now.

>lying about the car and its history
gumtree. not even once.

I love how everyone has migrated to facebook.

Makes it nice and easy for the piggies to keep track of everything you do
>aw sick skid last night uleh
>knocking on your door 5 minutes later

The thing that fucking sucks about there being a tonne of facebook pages for cars is that there aren't the technical resources the forums have, practically can't be searched like a database and don't have the same sort of community feel.

When i joined up to a lot of forums, they needed to be checked 2-3 times a day to keep up with all of the new posts - like facebook. Going back to them recently there are one or two new posts on the site each day.

VE Calais V, Auto with the L98 6.0L V8

Thinking of getting a CAI and tune (around $1000) wondering if its worth it.

The L98 is allright, and i normally drive it in manual mode, just feels like its abit restricted, like it wants to breath allittle better.

Wondering if its worth getting the CAI and tune done and if i will notice the difference, dont want to get an exhaust at this stage or do a maffless tune either.

Should i do it?

182 renault clio sport

No point doing it if you're not going mafless, and needing to get it retuned when you do the exhaust later.

Also as a protip from someone who owned the same thing in the past, take the battery off for a while so the ECU resets itself, then go for a drive with the gearbox in manual mode and thrash the absolute shit out of it.
It'll set the new gearbox tune to do awesome shit like automatically downshifting to stay in the peak power, mine was damn near hitting the limiter when dropping gears braking for corners on one trip down the old pacific highway

ah shit sorry dude its not reliable,,,

thats the thing im not going to do the exhaust, what if i do a tune and maffless then?

Also yes the auto fucking sucks, going around a corner and trying to accelerate out and its like its in fucking limp mode

>mix of fun AND RELIABILITY
Jesus faggots are you serious

That and usually the forums have a few people that actually know what they're talking about.

I wish all the old forums were still active. Since people have been migrating in droves to social media, all the handbooks, repair manuals, and documentation with old shit is drying up as sites get moved onto archive databases with dead links, dead links everywhere. It's hell to find proper documentation for the AE82, and I'm lucky enough for the AE86 that a service manual for 20 valves has been circulated around so much.

Boostcruising especially for some reason had a lot of locals in Tasmania and it's a bit of a blast to the past to go to archived threads and read about how someone back in 2006 had their Skyline stolen from Kingston by some little hood rat from Gagebrook.

The auto stops being shit after you teach it that you're not a fucking limp wristed yank eating fries while driving along a 4 lane highway, don't know if you've experienced it yet but if you thrash it hard enough for long enough in sport mode it will actually become very good, like i'm talking mine would drop from 3rd to 2nd under braking and hit 5,500rpm.

You should do the exhaust. You can go varex rear mufflers and it'll shut up pretty much the same as factory, but when you want to it'll sound mean while also actually picking up a fair amount of power even with just a catback.

Mafless + tune is a good power boost, especially up at the top end where they normally run out. Where the auto would normally choose 6-6100 before the tune, it should go out to 6300-6400 after.

I just snagged it off my dad who had it since new so im basically the only one who has ever given it any stick.

Just did the 160,000km service and all is good with it, im planning on keeping it for awhile, not sure if i will go the whole hog and do exhaust, intake and tune + suspension and wheels.

Thing is I only really want to spend $1000 max so the exhaust kind of rules that out, the intake and tune should be around that mark but yeah i would have to tune it again if i ever get an exhaust.

Playing around in manual mode makes it feel like a fast car but it just needs a touch more for me to be satisfied.

>Playing around in manual mode makes it feel like a fast car but it just needs a touch more for me to be satisfied.
Should have just got a manual man
>drove a manual shitbox lancer after driving an auto commie for over a year
>had more fun in 2 minutes with the lancer than I have in a whole year of the commie

I have owned a few manuals before this,
The manual mode on the holden is fine, its a 6 speed and works just the same.

bit heavier yes but is a fucking 2 ton barge anway

Yeah if it's been driven lazily before the gearbox will be set to be lazy.
Go reset it and give it a proper drive, the gearbox will wake up a fair bit.

The intake+tune will add enough power for it to actually feel fast.

Calais don't come in auto and the manual swap is more effort than it's worth.

>Go reset it and give it a proper drive, the gearbox will wake up a fair bit.
Is this on any automatic box?

$1000 Is on the cheaper side so yeah go for it.

The stock air intakes on the aussie ls's where always restrictive as shit.

Wont see a huge power gain from a otherwise stock motor but the throttle response and SOUND will be very different.

Just get a GOOD OTR CAI i recommend the VCM Performance if youre on a budget and dont want to spend $1000+ just on a cai