HIDs

How does Veeky Forums feel about HIDs. My car came with them installed by the PO and I like them a lot, but sometimes I get flashed and get nervous I'm actually blinding other people.

They're just plain white.

HIDs installed on non-projector housing = massive douche

Anything other than stock headlights are complete faggotry

I get blinded by them everytime OP.

This. If you want higher output, just dont be a cheap ass the next time you buy headlight bulbs

I dont have a problem with HIDs, some people are just fucked or on prescription drugs that cause inappropriate pupil dilation and retina sensitivity.

A lot of aftermarket ones will blind people at certain angles so hitting a bump or going down/up an incline can possible blind. so thats why sometimes you think you do while other times you dont

Not OP but is 5k acceptable or faggotry?

Anything above 6000k is faggotry and don't offer as much visibility

Do they even sell aftermarket yellow tinted headlights that are brighter than factory?

If by yellow, you mean halogen .Luke bulbs your car came with, yes. Yes they do.

Brighter=shorter bulb life.

I have 14000k and I have way more visibility than my shit OEM lights

I have 10K HID Headlights. (They dont look the same as ones I see on the internet).
I never get flashed by anyone. I use them in reflector housing but I angle them down so I don't blind people. I can see why people hate them but damn they light up the road so well. Much brighter and whiter light then ugly halogen lights.
Vehicle to the left is mine. Other is my friends.

You have lower lumens than halogen bulbs at 10k.

I have dashcam footage of me using my HIDs vs my Halogen brights. The HIDs are a lot brighter.

/thread

>tfw factory HID's

If you do it, do a proper retrofit with a projector lens or don't do it at all.

There is no in between.

People will not even notice if it is done correctly. Or it will blind everyone which is incredibly unsafe.

t. someone who has actually done a lens retrofit

That being said, the purists saying "anything but stock is gay kys" are just the next generation of insufferable boomers or can't afford mods.

do this.

are there any other alternatives than projectors. they look like ass on popup headlights. how about a casper shield?

nope, reflectors cant focus the output of HIDs.