/ovg/ - GTE Race on Saturday edition

GTE pickup race start: 20 UTC Sat
/ovg/ Indycar race start: 22 UTC Sat

Previous thread: Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask about sim racing and racing with us!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for info!
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh3_forzagarage_week_5
assettocorsa.club/mods/tracks/ahvenisto.html
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1471531873650.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for TCL series when?

How're y'all doin'?

pretendracecars is the best sim racing site in almost a decade

good, playin some targa florio. you?

Does o like pixel car racer

If I could play it, I'd probably enjoy it.

sorry i can't make it. i will be donating sperm at that time.

/ovglfs/ when?

>2003 Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale
>1984 Ferrari 288 GTO
>1993 Ford SVT Cobra R
>1981 Ford Fiesta XR2
>1988 Holden VL Commodore Group A SV
>1993 Jaguar XJ220
>1971 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R
>1980 Subaru BRAT GL

can't say I'm not starting to feel the hype

Daily reminder that this beautiful Korean man is DEAD TO ME

DEAD
E
A
D

>The VL is confirmed
H E K T I K
E
K
T
I
K

forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh3_forzagarage_week_5

>2012 Aston Martin Vanquish
>1999 Viper GTS ACR
>1987 Ferrari F40
>1995 Ferrari F50
>1973 Ford Capri RS3100
>1974 Lancia Stratos Stradale
>1982 Lancia 037 Stradale
>2010 Lexus LFA
>1965 Mini Cooper S
>2014 BMW Z4 GTE
>and on and on

This car list is almost perfect. Only thing I'm currently missing would from FH2 would be the RUF CTR2, but whatever, we can't have everything after all.
Only worry I'm having is if the race cars aren't put into their own classes and therefore becoming hugely owerpowered (which would be even worse because they're all DLC)

>1980 Subaru BRAT GL

Yeah nah, that's a fucking Brumby m8

This guy knows

>be playing dirt rally
>do very well in group B and other classess
>try 2000s (driving pic related)
>get my ass kicked and constantly finish at 11th
How do I git gud? The Subaru feels extremely underpowered desu

forgot pic

left-foot braking and throw your car really hard into corners.
It's kinda contradictory and not easy to get the hang of it, but the faster you go, the more grip you have.

CM fucked the 2000s class up

>introduce 2000s class
>only include early Focus WRC and Bugeye Impreza
>both used during the same years (early 2000s), so they're equally fast
>later patch
>introduce Citroen C4 and newer Ford Focus WRC
>both competed in the same years (~2007 onwards). so they're equally fast aswell
>however these two are much faster than the early 2000 cars
>I KNOW! LET'S PUT THEM INTO THE SAME CLASS

They should've split it up into early and late 2000s desu

Just like Larguu, Larguu is dead to me.

I don't know, I throw the car around pretty hard, since I jumped straight from driving a Group B 205 into the 2000s and I still get my ass kicked.

They seem pretty equal. I actually drove all the cars and picked the one I was doing best times with, and that was the Subaru. Yeah, it's slower than the C4 but so much more predictable. I love the suspension on that car.

Reminder to put a car with your entry in the doc for hot version. So far the mod cars for the week are: Gent's 504, my chaser, dirk's s15, katsuo and stiguy's impreza. Meat, leo, trav, flower, kita, paul and some others have no entry. Also I cant edit the doc with a tablet so this is the track:
assettocorsa.club/mods/tracks/ahvenisto.html
If anyone wants to put to put in the doc, feel free to do so.

www.racedepartment.com/downloads/development-halted.10536/download?version=17446
>development halted
ffs

Shame. This mod was fun

is that valrys

Is the simraceway website/server down for everyone else?

Kita here, I have work when the race is.

>not being a professional ovg racer

>Lykan Hypersport

Why? That car is fucking horrible

>No RX-7 yet

Turn 10 pls

Earlier classes have slow as fuck AI. You weren't gud.

while group b cars in lower difficulty levels are all about not falling out of the track, 2000s/2010s are about technique - those cars are both super weak and super grippy. You need to think about taking corners in optimal way.

>much faster
nah, C4 is worse than anything in this class. Focus 2007 may be best car in class, but it's still not significantly OP.

Besides, those classes are not meant to be equal:
>group b has 205 t16, car that should've been used for f1 racing
>group 60's has alpine which is better than most 70's cars

Simraceway seems to be completely dead
I never hear anyone talk about it, or see anyone playing it
Their password system is broken and emailing them generates no response

I was downloading cars directly from their servers to convert to rFactor or whatever, and the whole thing when offline. I fear they noticed me pirating there shit.

Stop

Look, you've got to be a special kind of retard to spend +$200 on an rFactor mod, and now the servers dead, and no one bothered to archived anything, Ignite Game Technologies just threw $5M and about 6 years of work down the drain. Fuck me for trying to save it right?

I'm going to Road Atlanta. I need some vacation money.

>can't edit anything because everything is locked

E L I T E

Thoughts on Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends?

Welp my wheel is dead again. Here is the last webm I got to make with it.

Wait what
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1471531873650.webm

You're retarded, newfag

>wheel is dead again

barney is a good man

barney is not a good man

You might want to calm your autism there friendo.

How can you call yourself a sim racer if you've never helped make a *good* mod?

Not good at all, sorry.

yep, it's shit

lmao

You can't comment until you do better

You're driving, bad.

You're drivings shit cunt, die.

>They should've split it up into early and late 2000s desu
what they should actually do is scrap the whole car roster and make a less fragmented one, even if they would have to skip a few classes/eras

having classes with only 2-3 cars is stupid

"Good" mods only last so long
>made kickass perfect AW11 mod for AC
>Updates break it
>recently manage to fix it
>Game updates again and breaks it
Not worth it.

Of course I can. Why shouldn't I be able to?

Mods of race cars last longer than street cars because it's easier to do a series with them.

Mfgrs licensing out DLC must love Kuno's "ineptitude" when it comes to continually breaking mods.

what

How much did Kunos pay you for Mx-5 cup model?

Enough for a weeks stay in the loony bin

What are you, desperate for my webms?
Is that why you keep reposting them in every threat and on most boards?

you suck at driving

I've been doing great with Group B in the Masters championship. Even been doing very well with the Pikes Peak cars. But the 2000s kills me.

>Is that why you keep reposting them in every threat and on most boards?

So you're blaming some one else for shitting up every webm thread on /v/ and any initial D thread you can find?

You seem desperate to share your opinion but why do you think anybody cares?

I post mainly dirt webms these days and even then 3-7 or so.
If that's your definition of shitting up a webm thread then you are delusional. Also you can't possibly think I can monitor and give a shit enough to post in every single webm threat on every single board 24/7.
And the person posting the yellowbird webms constantly is one of you guys, not me.

/ovglfs/ soon

Every Initial D thread I see you turn up and post shit content

wow cool u went around a turn lol who fucking cares

You seem desperate to share your shitty driving but why do you think anybody cares?

>shit content
Go ahead, post your own made, superior content then, I will wait.

>wow cool u went around a turn lol who fucking cares
You can act like that about any webm. Your attitude has zero weight on matters.

>You seem desperate to share your shitty driving but why do you think anybody cares?
Cause at the time of making them, I like them and want to share them. Some people actually enjoy watching them and that is reason enough to continue sharing them from time to time.
Not everybody needs to like everything, not everything is meant for everybody.
Some autistic kid in the corner screaming "I don't like this". Hardly makes a difference.

>tfw replaying Forza Horizon on a new save
I wish I was still as naive as I was then. When this game came out it blew our fucking minds and everyone was like "Holy fuck open world Forza". Everyone I know that played it had a ton of fun because the entire concept was "go have fun". It'll always be a favorite of mine.

>Go ahead, post your own made, superior content then, I will wait.

Is that your only come back?

>anonymous is one person
go back to lelddit man im sure they appreciate your 5 second webms of you driving around corners

>Is that your only come back?
Instead of complaining about sub par content, post your own superior content, simple as that.

I think you are sperging out too hard there user. No where did I imply that anonymous is one person. Perhaps you should actually read what you reply to.

see
>Some autistic kid in the corner screaming "I don't like this". Hardly makes a difference.
as if there is one person calling your garbage videos garbage

You're shitposting causes a torrent of shit every time you post it. You post the same shit over and over. No post is better than your posts

Just fuck off already ok?

Holy fuck, and fuck you too. You stupid fucker. You are stupid and my .webm's (they are NOT videos they are .webm files!!!) are very useful and contributing to the quality of the thread.

post your favorite ovg webms

D O N E

dat simulation value

>as if there is one person calling your garbage videos garbage
>anonymous is one person
>go back to lelddit man
Either you are just mad to the point where you can't form rational though, or you are legit autistic and take everything literally.
In either case my point stands and your shitposting wont change that.

>You're shitposting causes
My posts themselves are fine and can be ignored if it doesn't contain content you are interested in.
If some person has an autistic fit about it, that is none of my concern, I am not responsible for the actions of other people on the internet.

>You post the same shit over and over.
You are trying to push this narrative hard aren't you. Except as I said, we have people from here who are pretending to be me and reposting the same yellowbird webms and then replying to those same posts.

>I have no argument
>I know I will pretend to be the other guy while making a stupid post, that will show him.

>complaining about someone posting a webm

oh so its ok if you do it but if that guy does it you get just as pissed as the rest of us. why dont you just ignore his post if it contains stuff youre not interested in? are you an autist having a fit or something?

Fuck you retard I'm not pretending to be you I'm just showing off my cool .webm's of me having fun cruising around in a racing video game. AND LOOK WHERE WE ARE, THE RACING VIDEO GAMES THREAD. HMM.

too soon junior

If you don't like people complaining about your posts just don't read them. Other people like it so I wont be stopping

>oh so its ok if you do it but if that guy does it you get just as pissed as the rest of us
He is free to post His webms, that's his business. Posting my webms only to complain about them or pretending to be me is something different.

>why dont you just ignore his post if it contains stuff youre not interested in?
Yeah I suppose I could do that, I could also join in on the shitposting and start reposting 6 folders worth of webms every thread to play along since he likes them so much. After all I "repost the same webms over and over again" it's not like anybody would notice any difference :^)

>Fuck you retard I'm not pretending
You are ironically shitposting under the pretense of being me.
You are free to post your webms. (Though I have seen them months ago)

That's the spirit, now you are getting it.

SJ2kguy pls stop posting

dat bump got me good

>wow hes posting with the same game with the same car as me he must be shitposting as me

What the fuck is with your victim complex? Nobody is out to deface your name moron, you're posting as Anonymous.

wtf stop posting with my name pls
and stealing my webms too pls stop it

Is this LFS?

>it's ok if i repost same webms every fucking thread for 3 months
>nooo don't post my webms it's oc, do not steal! do not redistribute!

me on the left

Most entertaining thread I've seen in a while.

>a webm is mine because even though it's someone else's video, I made it into a webm so its my OC and now I want digital rights management over it

Not like you'll ever get this far, but I'd love to see you make a video and have someone on YouTube steal it and then do seo and get rich off of your shit. I'm sure the chimpout for that would be cataclysmic

good thing i've copyrighted this webm then. every time it's viewed i earn $0.00001 from royalties