/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Post You're Party edition

Previous Tips:
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
You don't need pawns, but they help.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki
==================================================

>NEW /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw

> Old /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/150pTBJ-IJ8ktH3mzObUI5pA4Rzsh88rfgFpwZf9wxe8/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Collection of small mods (model/color swaps, etc.)
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Current mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/hywvK0qT

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B0ZBhU09xA-YbDBlcDNKY1duY0E/view
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

HARPIES!

I wonder how many of us have huge hoards of art/screenshots

I have a ton of screenshots but most of them were kind of disappointing after the fact so I don't post many.

SUCCUBI SUCC IN PACKS ARISEN

This probably sounds weird but for myself PC screenshots look uninteresting compared to console.

I think the lower resolution and blurriness helped the image and colors blend together. It created a certain kind of effect.

That does sound weird. The only thing I can think about the old PS3 screenshots is how god-awful they tended to look.

Yeah but there's a separation between the shadowed sections, which is generally spit out as blocky dogshit in a console screenshot, and the more lighted parts which weren't so awful. This meant if you wanted something approaching decent you were forced to abuse the lighting. People got extremely creative with how they did this. Also I think the lower res assets appear more as a seamless whole rather than so many separate things that can be observed at once. Basically there is more to look at and it will not form a "pattern" as easily.

So the thread before this someone asked me for magick archer user's enb. I wasn't ignoring you, I had to find the link...and I did. I apologize for the delay, I only check the threads when they are in desperate need of a bump.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B0ZBhU09xA-YbDBlcDNKY1duY0E/view

Time for a Monday charity

Going to do some Ur Dragon farming in about half hour boys. Anyone want some rift bucks? Reply with your pertinent info and ill bring your pawn along. Dont care what level or class as long as they arent to high over level 60.

Ill kit out your pawn with whatever i have laying around too and give you whatever weapon drops i dont plan on using to sell or use yourself.

Using shit wifi so going to limit it to the first 2 to send me their pawn

PC?

What if your pawn developed a personality based on their primary vocation?
Which would you go for?
Which would make the best waifu/husbando?

Yep on PC. Forgot to mention platform my bad

Cool, if you'd take mine for a bit that'd be swell.
She's Warrior right now for augments but I can turn her back to Fighter if you'd like.

id: Gromchan
pawn is Waltrud

Sorcerer because witch types are great.

Nah doesnt matter on the vocation. Going ranger with explosive arrows and conquerers periphs so i dont really need a decent team. Ill let you know when i pick her up. Just grinding some assassin vocation ranks

So I'm a Strider and I made my pawn a Strider too since I thought that would be a fun combo and dat DPS.

Did I fuck up? I'm having trouble affording gear for me and my pawn so will I be okay letting my pawn use my hand-me-down gear? I just got to gran soren but am heading back to find quina and do this well quest.

nothing wrong with that really, just be sure to keep their inclinations in check and only give them skills they know how to use

Adding you now will take your pawn too. Im also from Michigan, 517 checking in

Anyone else for ur dragon farming and item giveaway? Have room for one more

I have like over 700
A ton of them are lewd
I'll never post them since >male pawn

i dont need anything
but i'd like for you to take my pawn on a stroll and tell me if he does ok since i just respeced him
give me a couple more mins to upload him

spoiler them if you have to, but definitely post them

that is, if you don't mind and no one else asks
mylo ranger 120

Only level 60 whats your steam id so i dont need to spend my rift bucks. Only have a million

I figured Challenger/Mitigator would be the most useful for a strider, who will eventually be a ranger.

Am I to late to have my pawn be rented since it is only lvl 13ish?

pray, forgive me ser
i read your message in a hurry
id/ghostosama

I have like 75ish screens

Killed Ur 2 times so far with Mylo. He does pretty well but he has weird moments where he just kind of walks around. Probably due to infinite stunlock from exllosive arrows fucking with his AI. Gonna runn through everfall and see what he does with normal enemies

much appreciated my man

Did about 5 rooms in everfall. Mylo is pretty great. He uses great gamble a lot so i reccomend giving him some stamina items. Tenfold he doesnt use to much and he uses endecad shot like a champ when theres a lot of enemies.

Looks like he has a bit of guardian in his tertiary inclination because he likes staying close to me. But it coukd be because im ranger so his utilitarian is trying to match skills with me. Maybe give him a mitigator secondary.

Only saw him climb once on a downed cockatrice which is perfect for a ranger if you ask me. 10/10 pawn so far gonna send him back now

>Tenfold he doesnt use to much
ah thats sucks, wish he used that more often
>tertiary inclination
i think its Nexus
i haven't messed around with inclinations too much, i think i'll get around to that pretty soon

anyways, imma take your pawn out for a bbi 1.0 stroll

Thanks much appreciated. I plan on collecting all the bbi gear so im gonna need the rift bucks. Let me know how she does. Trying to get her to do a mix of bow skills for groups and skull splitter for bigger enemies like suarians and death knights.

She doesnt climb much though since i never climb

yo i wanna give your pawn a rent, what level is he

does anyone want a rent?
i'll return your pawn sometime this week :^)

so far your pawn is pretty sturdy
haven't had to help her out

>Install DD
>Get a couple of mods
>Pick up ENB because it's kosher
>Start game
>Everything is pitch black against the UI
>"Holy shit, he's right it is pretty dark"
>Pull out lantern
>Everything is still pitch black
>Figure it's the Don't Blind Me mod
>Nope
>Maybe it's ENB
>Remove d3d9.dll
>Everything works fine now

Is there any way to not have to uninstall ENB?

trvtropes:

>Madeleine
>Impractically Fancy Outfit: When you meet her, she's a traveling merchant. In what amounts to a tutu. And one of the earlier designs was even skimpier.

Does anyone know what earlier design they are talking about? I cant find anything on google

Install another preset.

Any /ddg/ veterans with experience in model swapping with Arctool able to help me with swapping the Hellfire armor to look like the Divine Surcoat?

I'm up to the point of replacing the .mod and .mrl files, but the Divine Surcoat has 1 additional waist model folder and a .dwm file. So I'm completely at a loss of what the fuck to do.

>Like the Ancient Robe
>Do not like turning into a white tiger every 2 seconds

Is there a way to deactivate the weeaboo effects?

This worked, can't believe I'm this retarded. Thanks, user.

How do I hug my pawn?

Press grab then throw

finish the cycle

How do you feep about pawn daughterus

God fucking christ I hate eliminators. I don't think I've managed to get out of their hammer stomp even once. How do I avoid that shit besides just not getting knocked down?

Dunno if you're still bothering with this homie, but I could use some RC if you are, if not then oh well.
Pawn is Robin, level 44 mage, I'll add you on steam if you need me to
thanks boss

It's the correct way to play.

>strong steelwilled female arisen teaching a young pawn lass how to be an absolute tank

I feel this is just going to open up discussion to pedophiles. I'd rather you didn't.

Should I be hoarding all this loot and random junk(?) I'm picking up or selling it off?

I wish there was a way to tell pawns "stay here" or "don't move"

depends how you like to play

I personally can't stand the thought of selling off things that I could be hoarding instead. Unless I absolutely need to. All those materials are used for weapon and armor upgrades and such. But if you have a huge stack of shit you can probably safely get down to like 15-20

I'll hoard then but are there any items that aren't for "crafting"? Most jrpgs seem to like to put loot that only exist to be sold for dosh.

I just wish you could select a target for them. A pretty bad oversight not being able to kill certain enemies with magic, then having your pawns be unable to do it for you; like with Metal Golems. Also would be nice if they'd use all the Springboard type skills

I mostly just sell off duplicate weapons and armor

but selling easy to obtain drops like from cyclopes and chimeras won't hurt you really

Okay.
I hate buying gear only to have it drop for me next area and for some reason every RPG seems to want to do this to you.
Should I buy this gear the shop in casadis is selling or keep on rocking this rust gear and cloth trousers for a while?

oh you're still super early. just play the game man, everything will start coming together. and don't sweat buying gear too much, you find plenty of stuff off in the world. weapons are the only thing you should spring for when you can find some upgrades

I went ahead and bought a new sword and board. This gear (I'm guessing is what someone going from DD to DDDA would get?) in my bank seems to be kinda like cheating but I'll use it.

Can I not actually sleep in my house to wait for nightfall? I gotta pay this midget 50g?

Yeah your own house is sort of just.. "there." I feel like it was probably an oversight on the developer's part.

Mystic Knight (with invisible shield mod) or Warrior for Saber pawn?

The jester and symone have the same walking animation

Pawns cant be mystic knights.

I tried having a daughterfu on my very first playthrough, but it just didn't stick with me, so I just rebooted and had my pawn be my best friend.

this is relevant to my interests too

Get and equip the fighter skill for faster escapes, it's a must if you're running solo/with a party of uncooperative retards

also git gud

from the artbook

damn

I wanna say those are some THICK nostalgia goggles but I think you might just be confused.

Console images might have looked better because to take a screenshot you had to have photo mode and the 20 hour process of trasnferring the image in mind. So you would press start at a cool moment and spend quite a lot of time framing your shot, then transfer it to your PC so you made sure the shots were okay.

PC user just presses a button so less care is put into them. And they're using possibly ugly ENBs, or just removing the vignette, or maybe you liked the console letterbox.

Sub HD resolutions don't add to IQ!

Also console players never had access to cheatengine camera hacks, so we had to line up our photos with some really tricky maneuvers.

They can equip big shields though. Not maces however and I'm pretty sure no MK skills work but I could be wrong.

It's probably just the letterbox he liked. Compared with for instance, the only noticeable difference is that it's not framed which makes the other one look more authentic.

Letterbox master race reporting in.

What armor the one on the right wearing?

it's a bandit.

I already said why I liked them.

See, that kind of shot you have there is boring to me. It would never catch my interest or sell me on a game or even get me interested in making similar screenshots.

>Sub HD resolutions don't add to IQ!

Image quality also doesn't depend on resolution; if it did all images taken before 4k would be obsolete.

The best thing about having shitty tools (e.g. console screenshots) is not only that the person capturing has to put more effort in, as you said, but the focus is more on framing, shape, and light & dark (rather than texture quality/model quality etc.).

I've noticed this a lot with recent screenshots, where the image technically looks good, but there's no reason to actually respect it. Even with the image you posted, instead of me caring about the posture, scale and shape of the cyclops, I'm instead analyzing the dissonant textures on the background wall; something you could never be distracted by in a console screenshot. I feel like the idea of 'less is more' is immensely relevant when it comes to screenshots, and games in general.

but IMO, they both have their place. I like high resolution screenshots for backgrounds and things you have to look at extensively, whereas low res are far better for quickly showcasing an event and then moving on

memes?

So, I keep hearing about how you need mag attack to play MK, but what if I'm only interested in buffs this class offers and its supposed tankiness? Is MK viable as primarily a melee fighter, or am I better off just picking assassin/fighter/warrior at this point?

>tfw want to do a Paladin run but all Holy magic sucks

Ded

there will be no dying on my watch

Being the genius i am, i went to the quest where the villagers are trying to lynch selene as a scorcerer

>what is high exequy

I got fed up with my pawns bumbling about, not even doing a bit of damage to the golem, so i hopped on and started punching it to death

I remember once in vanilla DD my pawn one shot a golem with Fracture Dart while exploring the Everfall. Man I love strider pawns.

Took me about 20 minutes to take the construct down, no thanks to the pawns

Okay, what would you do if there were no vocations, and skills were just tied to weapon types?

i'd probably continue playing the game

Sword and Magick Bow all the way forever and ever.

What's the best class for soloing the game (including BBI)?

Any Yellow vocation.

So here's something about pawn behaviors I never really understood:

If I'm an assassin and I climb things because it's effective as an assassin, is that teaching my archer pawn to do this too? Because I don't want her to do that; I want her to stay at range and, you know, be an archer. Also, is this affecting other pawns' behaviors too? I don't want to fuck up some poor guy's mage pawn behavior by having it try to climb an ogre. I know there are inclinations, but some behaviors seem like they just pick it up from seeing me do it.