How to shift from 1st to 2nd in wrx

This is driving me off the fucking deep end
>smoothly let go of clutch while giving gas
>jerks like a motherfucker
>o-ok h-heh lets try that again when the engine is warmed up
>jerks even harder
>l-let me try it with higher revs
>jerks forward moderately

What the fuck Jewbaru? I drove a manual civic just fine, it was smooth and perfect but this transmission blows a donkey cock. HOW the fuck do I drive this glorified turbo corolla smoothly?

>Has never driven with a new clutch

You will learn.

Git gud faggot i can even revmatch on my manumatic cunt

One of the 2015+ ones?

subarus are awd dude. more drivetrain components.

go back to dat or better yet kill yourself

>driving a new car for the first time
I know what you feel.

I've got the same problem in mine OP. I'm starting to get the hang of it, but honestly it seems to kinda do what it wants, even after 1200+ miles.

1st, drive, and instead of thinking of it as a shift from first to second, pace yourself, 1st. Foot off gas. Clutch in. Neutral. Then second. You'll be fine, it's pacing yourself.
When I was 14 in my dads car, he taught me that trick, and I still remember it.

(when I say neutral I mean still to the left, just inbetween 1st and second.)

Try giving it a bit more throttle right before the shift then no gas until the clutch has been re-engaged.

This might be the most condescending post I've ever read.

>condescending
what are you smoking?

If it's a 2015+ one the problem you are having is they shitty stock map which keeps the revs up for a second or two while the clutch is in for emissions shit. It's bull.shit and I hated it so I bought a accessport and just have a cobb shelf map on mine. Solved all the weird throttle response and rev hang issues I didn't like about it. Gonna need the AP anyway once I find a exhaust and intake for it so I can have someone tune it for me.

Tldr bullshit rev hang for emessions either have someone tune it for you or just wait for the tac to drop one your 1st to 2nd shift

You gotta find the perfect speed in 1st gear and then change to 2nd really fast. Don't press the clutch all the way down just enough to change into 2nd.

Let go of the clutch slower you sperg, stop being so nervous

Only you know if it's you being a bit chromosome with the clutch pedal or if the clutch is knackered.

A worn-out clutch can judder quite badly. If you had enough driving experience you probably wouldn't be posting this anyway.

I'm guessing that thing doesn't have a solid hub...

its a new ride, lad

Since it's a WRX, its probably been test driven by multiple people who really shouldn't have been driving stick or never have driven a manual, so the clutch is probably already worn out because of them. I assume it's under warranty, so take it to them to get the clutch replaced

This is a possible reason

t. Owner of a 14' mustang gt

Get gud