>post what you've fixed on it recently
>post what you've upgraded
>post how much you love the damned thing
>post anything BMW

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ANMRIrMaSsY
nettiauto.com/en/bmw/750/8230687
autotrader.ca/a/BMW/3 Series/Oakville/Ontario/5_28401979_20110914163538717/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=4_100_27
wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/BMW/3 Series/Toronto/Ontario/5_28741501_ON20080121110312429/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=8_100_27
kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-of-toronto/2004-bmw-320i-i-manual-5-speed-sunroof-sport-package/1191187035?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/oakville-halton-region/2005-bmw-325xi-5spd-all-wheel-drive/1188917657?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-of-toronto/2004-bmw-3-series-black-sedan/1188053342?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/5723285183.html
miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/5737319907.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sadly the old BMW Museum of Contemporary Art has been closed, so we had to change buildings. But we are open again!

E30 Mt2 master race checking in. Me in the 2dr.

Now THAT'S the clearing to be in!

Looks like new hood, nose panel and kidneys, headlamps, radiator and fans and support, fenders...

Yeah that is probably close to totalled if not over.

What got ya?

My '01 330i with 85k miles. Looks like it's gonna be a total loss. I got it for 5k with 80k miles last October.

you negro?

Sorry dude, she looks like she was a beauty too.

guess I can join this now

Probably getting rid of the stripe tomorrow

Yesterday I once again realised how exquisite the E46 sedan's body shape is.

So quick...

youtube.com/watch?v=ANMRIrMaSsY

I just want to complain about how expensive E30s are getting. Every ricer has fucked the market.

don't forget you're here forever

Damn, what happened?

I for one wouldn't mind if I am bound to stick with BMW generals forever, as long as they stay this comfy. BMW generals are like the least cancerous threads in all of Veeky Forums I've seen.

Looked left to check my blind spot, a car was there, looked forward, the guy in front of me was already braking, slammed on the brakes and pulled the e-brake, wasn't enough. Technically my fault, but this was my first accident. I'm only 19.

once a master baiter like heartbreaker or gs400 guy roll in we start shit flinging like the rest of em so don't get too rosy eyed

following 2 close dawg

you some sort of nigger boy?

Not just "technically" but clearly your own fault.
To be completely honest, i don't feel bad for you crashing a car at all, hopefully you'll pay closer attention to other traffic in the future.
I do feel bad however for a very fine BMW being trashed.

>changed the transmission, ccv, some vacuum tubes and the oil
Learned a lot about cars thanks to this so I can't complain

Goddammit, I really want to buy a huge-mileage E38 750 for dirt cheap. But no space to put it...fuck.

transmission swap or just transmission oil?
make sure you fill the tranny oil correctly, you need to fill while the car is running and the transmission fluid it up to temperature

Swap and yea I filled it like you said

No, haha. Why?
True. It's a shame.

fuck u i'm jealous

Sell house, live in car.

Do you guys like my E30?

E90 N54

I just did my VC, and I broke a tab on the fuel injector that secures the electrical plug in. So now I'm replacing that injector, I came across pic related.

Do I really have to toss that part of the fuel line? I took the whole line off to do the VC obviously. Or do you only need to toss it if you remove it from both ends.

Continuing off of the last thread, is the E92 335i fun? No I don't care about the 1 series, E46 or Z4, I'm just asking about this car.

I forgot the picture lol

Okay so, why is my E34 530 autotragic able to rip a burnout from a standstill just like that yet my E32 is not, she just lurches forwards like no ones business, not even bothering to spin tires.

I never have anything to contribute to these threads

I bought it for $600 im saving up for an s52 and new wheels right now. I need to tighten up the hand brake and turbo this bitch soon, i miss driving it. 269k and still going strong when it had the m42 in it. Im in school now so have a picture of it from when i was back at home a month ago.

I do

What do you people think about the E36 318is?
I tried my mates is a long time ago and it handled surprisingly well, seemed quite well balanced to me.

Heard they had some problems with the timing chain and lifters.

Also this guy here, can someone explain why these two have different front fascia designs? They're both 335i coupes from the same model year but left looks infinitely better

Maybe some "M-Tech" package or such shit?

One has the M-Kit

Serious question guys : What is the concensus on the 335i reliability ? Maintenance costs ?

I know it's gonna be more expensive than the typical japs or american car but I just dont want to spend 3-4k$ of unexpected repairs every year. Car would be used as a DD, would do some bolt-ons mods but nothing crazy.

The other option is to find a decent e30 325i for circa 5-7k$ as a weekend/fun car.
thanks for your help guys !

nettiauto.com/en/bmw/750/8230687

Give me one good reason why I shouldn't call the dude and negotiate a deal.

So how bad was the fire?

Is that all ambient light?

Any plans to replace the plate holder bit? Personally I find it a big detraction from the front end, which is especially unfortunate with the pre-facelift nose.

If I were to get a 4cyl I'd get a compact, the coolness makes up for the engine.

Yeah definitely smells of M-Technic.

yeah just the lamps in the parking lot

Yes. Go with the n55 instead of the n54 though

I don't know, after googling it it doesn't seem to be M shenanigans; none of the cars I've seen with the left design advertise an M package and none on the right seem to come up when I search it

Yes, definitely going with the N55.

but why, do you want to be slower?

Are you drunk

Not drunk enough.

should i cop any of these? (converted canadian dollars to american)

>4606.26
autotrader.ca/a/BMW/3 Series/Oakville/Ontario/5_28401979_20110914163538717/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=4_100_27

>3512.47
wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/BMW/3 Series/Toronto/Ontario/5_28741501_ON20080121110312429/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=8_100_27

>3512.47
kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-of-toronto/2004-bmw-320i-i-manual-5-speed-sunroof-sport-package/1191187035?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

>3669.40
kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/oakville-halton-region/2005-bmw-325xi-5spd-all-wheel-drive/1188917657?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

>4680.43
kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-of-toronto/2004-bmw-3-series-black-sedan/1188053342?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

>.4 faster to 60
>Doesn't blow up every 3,000 miles
I don't think the N55 is the slow one

like the guy in the other thread said, avoid and and just get rwd and manual , unless you get extremely bad snow , snow tires will be fine

Looking for input,

Going to be in the market in the next year, looking for something fun. Currently eyeing FiST's and MKVI GTI's, budget is $15-$20k.

What BMW's should I be looking at? I like the early 2000's styling, and the idea of having an M sounds great. Just don't know where to start.

Pic related, current chastity belt.

No sympathy, had a guy do this to my e92 a few weeks ago. Forward is the most important direction to observe. You were probably riding the guy's ass or daydreaming. Pay attention next time, the guy who hit me was 28. Don't be doing that at 28 you hear

>$15-$20k
Location is a big factor here.

15-20k west coast canada can get you a low mileage e92 335i or e46 m3. Can also get you very rare low mileage pristine e46 330ci.

PNW, so that's basically the same market. Why those cars? Just starting to learn about the BMW lineup

I dun goofed.
>Think gauge rings will look nice in my 318
>Had to swap my cluster lights anyway, so why not
>Order cheap chinese shit
>Looks like garbage.. at night it looks a little decent
>Too lazy to take out the cluster again

E92 is the 3 series coupe from 2007+, 335i is twin turbo i6, very fun car for the price. Basically a 328i with more power and handling. E46 is the late 90s early 00s 3 series, M3 is the top of the line 3 series. The E46 M3 specifically is regarded as the best car BMW ever made. Lots of maintenance though

E46 330i is like the E90 335i but older/less power

I don't see what's shitty about them, they look fine?

The picture doesn't look too bad, but in person they just look cheap. Maybe it's the dove interior throwing it off. Bout to do a black interior swap so maybe it'll accent better.

Does anyone have experience overhauling the cooling system on a e36? Shops quote me basically 2k (700-900 in parts and ~1.2k for labor)

Im decent mechanically, but the only thing that scares me is the mess under the manifolds. Supposedly there's hella wires you have to keep track of, and you have to be careful with the injectors. m44 engine btw.

Think i can do it in a day? I can always take the bus if it comes down to it.

If it saves you 1.2k? Damn right. Plenty of youtube tutorials on this to give you a good idea of where shit is and what to remove. In a day though? Less than 6 hours if you've never done anything before

wanting to swap my 318is m44 for a m52b28, trying to look for complete engines. what is this part of the engine? it's hard to search for it because i don't know what it is.

>slammed on the brakes and pulled the e-brake
>and pulled the e-brake

I hope this is not true, because if so you increased the chances of a crash by locking your rear tires, reducing your car's ability to brake

ABS > e-brake

Also you were clearly following way too fucking close, aka driving like an asshole. Three seconds distance on the highway. It's good you weren't killed this time.

This.

also, general rule, walk away if there are no service records, this means buying from a dealer is generally a bad move, but if there's some canadian equivalent of carfax you can sometimes see what shops serviced it and when, call those shops up, and ask for service records on the car

get a decent 01-02 Z3 m roadster for that money

the continuing saga of this maybe salvage 2001 z3 3.0 manual for 7 grand with 80k miles;

>called the seller about the "sold at salvage auction" thing i saw on the carfax, he immediately said that yes it was in a crash in April but the damage was entirely cosmetic, they replaced the bumper, passenger side headlight, one bumper reinforcement bracket, and did some paint blending so the new bumper fits visually
>no frame, radiator, or engine damage
>he's going to scan and email me a copy of the title, which shows as clean (supposedly)
>he's perfectly fine delivering the car to a nearby indie bmw shop or bmw dealer for a prepurchase inspection

honestly, if the title is clean and the ppi says no damage worth worrying about an no serious mechanical issues (i'm sure some bushings are bad by now but idgaf), i think I'm going to go for it, especially since it's been maintained by the same bmw dealer for most of its life and i can get service records from them directly

what do you think Veeky Forums?

oh, also, this one comes with the original hard top for a little more cost but I'm just going to haggle that into the flat 7 grand. Being in the northeast, hard tops are a must

looks gud user

gl

When i sell my Z3 im probably going to keep the hardtop because in the long run i want a 1.9 roadster and an m coupe

it was clean as fuck when i looked at it, i even took some pictures of the undercarriage looking for rust and even the exposed bolts only had a little bit of cosmetic/surface rust, seems like it was a summer only car which is great.

The hard part will be containing my hype such that if the ppi comes back looking bad i don't get emotionally invested and buy it anyway

Should I get an i8? I found a 2015 with 3,000 miles for 98k.

from everything i have heard, they're perfectly fun and lively considering how complex they are, and they look cool as fucking hell

have you test driven it yet?

What's with bimboys and having to slant open the sunroof for every picture?

Posted from my e36 325i with sunroof slanted open.

If you give me 98k instead I'll make it worth your while ;)

I really want to buy a BMW 220i Coupe.

205k on this clutch

once you own all the tools, bmws are the ultimate beaters

Me too, how do we get 33k?

What is /BMW/s opinion on putting twin exhaust ala e9x 335i on an E36?

I'm working on a turbo build and I would like to avoid a straight up poser M3 exhaust but still have twins on my e36.

This to have my build stand out a little from the rest of the turbo builds with just dual left side exhaust.

I want to build it into the bumper like e9xs have, not have the pipes stick from under the bumper.

I was thinking of using an e46 m3 exhaust and switching the dualies for single tips.

I work and can afford it. I will probably visit a dealership soon and ask them about deals.

Not sure how your spare tire takes up space it but on alot of BMWs one side is block becuase of it.

I can't do true dual exhaust exit on my 540i for this reason.

>visiting a dealership
>no knowledge of current offers and incentives
>not knowing exactly what you want to buy and for how much
Dude, its fucking 2016, you mongoloid. Use the goddamn internet, make a few calls, and go buy a car online. Don't waste everyone's time.

>you're the sort of customer I hate but I'm actually giving you advice

Oh I'm fine with cutting part of the extra wheel space out and reinforcing it with a plate and frame.

I do know what I want and what current offers there are. I want to know what the dealership can offer.

What do you mean buy online? Buy used? There are none here.

you're retarded m8

I personally think the quad exhaust suits the e36 depending on the tips. The dual symmetrical is alright, but what is really cool is dual centre.

OK, I'm selling my e60 530d and getting an e34.
Question - 525i 192bhp or 535i 211bhp?
Gonna be a dd.

Kinda like this, but I'd want the tips closer to the centre true M style

N54 has the HPFP shitting out a lot; BMW has a 10 year warranty on them, N55 is reliable.

Couldn't one retrofit the n55 pump to the n54 system?

>finally 18, graduated highschool few months ago
>father asks me want kind of car I want
>ask for an e46
>buys me a used one
>pretty gud car
>he falls in love with it
>he instead gives me his e36
>his e36 is at the mechanic
>it's been with the mechanic for 5 years
>it's been sitting outside for those 5 years and hasn't been driven at all during that time
>he tells me it still ran good when he took to the mechanic

I for sure know that thing is not going to work at all. So I asked him to give me his 4runner instead, but he said "beggars can't choosers"

How much can I sell a shitty e36 for?
Gonna use that money and some extra that I been saving to buy my own car.

U sure this is a gud idea? I heard the steering on e34 is slow as fuck. I would have to try it first. Though they look really cool on the outside, I must agree, but I think e60 can be a better driver in all aspects desu (with the right suspension). But yeah whatever. 525i should be enough with a short differential, but 535i can't hurt.

Whichever is a touring.
sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/5723285183.html
E36 is cooler, E46 is as common as Camry where I am.

Turn it into a mad speed demon and make your father regret his decision (unless he ends up declaring martial law again).

>tfw my DD E34 will never look this nice

Engine in that e36?

It's 1990 325i, so whatever engine that has.

How is an e39 for a daily for a college student working?

And is this worth a look?
miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/5737319907.html