Find a flaw

find a flaw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r_NUewAFoVw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It seems that some ill-informed person destroyed the nice handling of that cute shitbox, by lowering it and putting wide tires on. A shame, but easily rectified.

if it wasn't so fucking expensive to insure a tdi one I would love to buy one as a beater.

From what I understand, the MK1 and 2 golf/jetta have THE shittiest suspension setups ever for street legal cars... or at least they should be. Basically they are gocarts, and they are some weird form of under-engineered anti-handling trainwreck.

You can slam them and it hardly makes a difference. I think that's why so many people do it.

Mishka bear hanging from the rear view

Tells me hes a swaggot

>wide tires/lower cog
>destroying handling

more like ride quality kek
my ef is on 175/70R13 tire and it cant grip for shit

driven only mk1 and mk2 diesels for about 10 years now. I'm a minimalist engine/ smilage fag
... but I gotta say. suspension components feel ... pretty much like other cars i ride in.... and feel that way 30 years later... haven't had to replace any of the suspension in 3 cars

They may feel fine, I'm not necessarily saying they work like garbage. I'm saying they're a beautiful disaster.

Look where your front struts are and try not to laugh

eeeeiiggh ... on the one hand, I admit I'm kinda ignorant on suspension. I've learned what i know by working on these cars.

on the other hand.. the things I'm still ignorant about are the things that have never needed work (and most things have)... so I'm therefore skeptical about things like strut placement being a major design flaw. Maybe its dumb and I'd get a slightly better ride if it was different... but I don't really give a shit

... that being said, as much as I love these things, there's some flaws... electrical problems come up... the fuse box is right under the first spot your windshield will leak. the circuits are all non intuitive and problematic.
up until the latest mk 1s, they used shitty head bolts that only screwed like half an inch into the block... making the head gasket want to go... and some little shit.. like how on mk 2s the starter bolts also support an engine mount (why?). oil line for turbo connected to the same bolts that hold in water flanges... that kind of thing.

I'll still take em all day though. for every wrong there's like 10 rights... and very, very little bullshit

>Poke

>staggered wheels
>fwd
Other than that, I love it.

Illegal plate font and material.

The stretched tyres

There's nothing wrong with stretched tires

I don't like them. Same as you don't like staggered wheels. Opinions : everyone's got emâ„¢

it's fwd and the wheels are illegal cop bait

It's fine that it's personal taste, I'm saying from a performance or safety aspect.

Wheel on the wrong side.

I agree, nothing wrong with it from that aspect, I simply don't like the stretched tyre look. Apart from that, I like it.

my dad unironically called these and mk2 gtis a better(and faster) car than my ca18det powered 200sx

What the hell is on the windows?

>200sx
>ca18
What the actual fuck.

s13 fastback? god i hate whoever named a fwd shitbox 200sx in america

Actually that's the MK4

The MK1/2/3 is just a standard torsion beam/mcphearson in a light FWD car. The MK1/2 GTIs were pretty much THE hot hatch to have in the 1980s, and handled very well.

They're all half rust and you'll never get the mechanical fuel injection working properly so you'll give up and swap a 2.0/VR6 in it.

They're nice cars, classics at this point.

>tfw you'll never find a decent 90-92 16v GTI

In yurop the 240sx was called 200sx

>s13 fastback
thats a fucking 180sx you drongo

It's just semantics you fag

the full name of the car is

Nissan RS13 200SX for the European market

No ecoboost

you not even going to give me a professional tip?

illegal numberplate font

ahh the car that saved VW. flaw? its FWD

It's not American

my biggest complaint is the amount of turns lock to lock. its like a fucking joke driving the car.

mine is. it even has the usa spec interior. its not at all like the German ones.
and those big tail lights for some reason? why?

daily reminder that the average Veeky Forums poster has no idea what they're talking about

fwd

FWD cars are fun too

what are those things in the windows?

it's not an e30

corey pls

Damn, that thing is near perfection. The only things I would change are
-removing wrong size tires
-removing wrong size/offset wheels
-fix ride height
-correct alignment
-body/drivetrain swap to fix the fact it's a piece of shit FWD VW

Driver without a doubt vapes

>tfw you'll never find a decent 90-92 16v GTI

ugh. don't remind me. every original set of RM's is fucked by now.

wheel offset if fucking goofy
but
Mark 1 and Mark 2 golfs are great

so fucking edgy wow
You're a terrible trip 2bh

>front plate
>shit on the headlights
>fwd

other than that bretty sick 7/9

Volkswagen

It's not a 1993 Buick Century.

>doesn't brap
only fault that matters

off set is too high for the wheel arches but at least the ride hight allows a little travel
I agree either keep it stock or go all out
youtube.com/watch?v=r_NUewAFoVw

Tiny Mexican wheels

tiny wheels>big wheels

dog catchers
they are for having the window rolled down to keep your dog cool
but a barrier to stop them jumping out

would also be ok if at a car show if you wanted to park your car up with the windows a little down
but don't want casual fuckers reaching into your car