Sup Veeky Forums

Sup Veeky Forums

I have $2000 to spend on parts, and I was wondering what I should get for my 2010 mustang gt. I currently have an Airaid CAI, BBK headers and catted x-pipe, and Borla exhaust. I've boiled down to two different sets of options.

-First is suspension pack which runs a hair over $1900
americanmuscle.com/bmr-lev2-handling-pkg-red-0510.html

-Next option is a intake manifold, throttle body, and under drive pulley which would come to almost $1500
americanmuscle.com/ford-racing-intake-manifold.html
americanmuscle.com/frpp-62mm-throttlebody-0510gt.html
americanmuscle.com/roush-udpulleys-0510gt.html

I'm leaning toward the suspension but I wanted to see what you gents think as well. I'm not going to have to worry about labor a good friend of mine is a tech at a ford dealer and will be taking care of that. He owes me for a big favor that I came through on for him.

Other urls found in this thread:

performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6007-Z460FRT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nigga just swap in a 460

performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6007-Z460FRT

I remember you making this thread before.

OP that bmr kit seems pretty expensive for what it is. I was at least expecting a set of cheap coil overs for 2 grand. I think you can do better buying those parts separately with a set of those BCs or whatever they brand them as.

I would go with suspension work l. You're already putting down a good amount of power from the 3v with those parts. Pic is my shitbox.

$2000 not $10000 ya idiot. Reading is fundamental.

Work harder poorfaggot do you want to be the first kid on your block with a 460 or not?

I was looking at some coilovers but i just don't feel like that would take care of correcting body roll and flex concerns that come with taking corners in the same way that a full suspension pack would. Thats what made me look in that direction

Bills and priorities my nigga. Things you may not have

Suspension for sure. Don't know why ford can't get it straight from the factory, mustangs always felt sloppy to me out of the box. A little bit of work and they're golden though.

Don't feed the trolls.

I agree. The rocking that comes with going over a bump, while not a huge annoyance, is a pet peeve of mine. ive never driven a mustang with a fully upgraded suspension before so I'm hoping it lives up to how I imagine it.

I say defiantly do suspension mods. Get some Bilstein or Koni shocks and get them properly valved and sleeved for some custom rate Hyperco springs. Then if you have any money left buy frame bracing, bushings, or whatever to stiffen the chassis.

I had an 04 gt back when I was a broke bitch. All I did was throw some KYB drop springs on it, did nothing else because aforementioned broke bitch status, and just that made it night and day difference.

Bilstein is where it's at for shocks though. My C5 has them and it's amazing.

All we can do is hope to get from broke botch to rich bitch status one day. Until then I upgrade gradually. I'm satisfied though. All my bills are always paid and I can never say I really have it hard. Having two mustangs is an expensive habit though

I'm not exactly rich, but I'm not a broke bitch anymore. About to buy a house, no debt. I have a nice vette, a daily crown vic, and rebuilding an old bronco. All of which I have money to pay for. That's enough for me.

Question: why two mustangs? Why not have a reliable cheap daily and dump all the money into one mustang? Or have a different fun car for some variety? No harm in liking mustangs that much if that's your thing, just curious.

One was a hand me down from my mom. She's been the only owner but had to stop driving it back in 08 when her knees couldn't really take the action of shifting. She's since gotten a light surgery to remove that pain and improve her quality of life. It's an 88 lx that needed some tlc when she gave it to me like 2 years ago. A slightly older friend of the family (maybe 40) who's a master mechanic decided he would "help" me do all the work. And by help I mean mentor me on how to do things, showing me and then having me do it. So we started on that maybe 6 or 7 months ago, which is also when I started lurking on Veeky Forums, and we've made tons of progress on it. I'm really proud of the work since I had never actually done any learning in auto repair before it.

The other mustang is one that I actually bought, a 2010 gt. It was purchased with the upgrades already on it from a cop last January. That's my Dd right now.

So that's my life story. Wanna make out?

Sounds like a good deal. Probably going to pass on the makeout sesh, but I appreciate the offer.

I guess the cop was kind of "meh" in the handling department. I'd love to shove a 3v or coyote motor in my crown vic. But time, money, effort. Wouldn't be worth it.

Now shoving a coyote in the Bronco...that might be worth it.

havent you figured out that your current mods werent worth it?

dont fucking bother wasting money on that car.

Tires and suspension only. No shitty Cai. It does nothing.

A nice exhaust system is never a waste on a v8 car.

If you didn't prioritize buying overpriced bolt ons that do next to nothing you could have had a 460 by now

its always a waste on a NA car.

>bench racing the post

Does reality even register with you?

If troll, 5/10, made me respond.

brakes, tires, suspension first

then real power gains

none of this 3hp at a time horseshit

>thinks bolt ons compare to a 460
m8, it's not about the stats, it's about the 7.5 liter you're putting in a piece of shit.

Well I already have some brand new sumitomos on there. Had em less than 3 months. Also have drilled n slotted rotors. A new brake system is way down on my list lol

What model is the bronco? A fourth gen with a 5.0 or 5.3 from a Shelby would be amazing.

It's a 78. In pretty decent shape. I wanted a fourth Gen but they were too pricey, I ran across the 78 by chance and got a smoking deal on it.

How about getting a tune you mentally retarded child

Do the suspension if you like to drive fast at all. I put the roush suspension kit in mine and it was a night and day difference. I've got a tonne of power, but without the suspension work it was only use able going straight.

First off, you got everything wrong.

You don't need a larger TB. They are pointless. You don't need an intake manifold unless you slap a centri on that bitch.
For the suspension, just get the FRPP adjustable shock/struts, FRPP lowering springs, cheapest panhard bar you can find, caster bolts and a FRPP rear sway bar if you want. I would just do cheap shocks and struts like koni str8's because you aren't going to be tracking your car.

As for the power, just get cams. The Hot Rods sound VERY good but it depends on your exhaust combo. Comp cams NSR stage 2's are also great but have more power up top so you will need a higher gear ratio. 4.10's are really recommend, even if you drive a stick. Make sure you get charge motion delete plates ( $200 ) and an SR performance underdrive pulley. This will give you a hell of a lot more rwhp than an intake, throttle body and udp combo.

Maybe on your n/a miata it is

Never on a glorious V8

>wasted money on muh sound
>wants to waste more on muh naturally aspirated

enjoy your 0.1 second quicker pull to 60 i guess

and to add to that, why the fuck are you still looking at exhausts and intake bullshit

you could've spent a couple hundred on cams and got twice as much power as all this bullshit so far cost you, add a 3.73 rear end for like 200 bucks and you've knocked a second off your 0-whatever time

Swap in 4 LS1s. 1000+kilowatt easy and should only take 2 days to do the swap

Upgrade that stereo

Full exhaust maybe adds 50~ hp on a lot of v8s

Don't forget you actually gain 1 or 2 mpg with a dual too on a v8.