/vn/ - Island Edition

Visual Novel General #1205

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous threads:
pastebin.com/zeiYgLrs/

This general is for the discussion of Japanese visual novels.

Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Can you not fuck with the OP? Retard.

8th for Saber!

I think it's a mistake in the first place to get in the mindset of learning Japanese for a single visual novel. Japanese opens up a wealth of media inacessible otherwise, and allows one to read even translated works in their native language which is almost always a far better experience - an example of this is Manga Scanlations. Although there is quite a healthy scene of manga being translated, the translations tend to be inaccurate and poorly done in general. Learning Japanese would allow one to bypass such poor translations in addition to being able to read untranslated works. This holds true for VNs as well, except that VNs have far less translations than manga, so rather than just improving the experience, it always allows you to experience far more VNs in the first place. It's not just limited to Dies Irae. Learning Japanese paves the way for a ton of really good VNs. Is it worth learning Japanese for Dies Irae alone? Probably not. Is it worth learning Japanese for all the VNs and all the media in general like LNs and manga? For me it was. In order to tell if it's worth it for you, just think about how much you like Japanese media in general. If you think you'll spend a lot of time reading Japanese, and you like hentai, it's worth it, I think.

Thanks for fixing the OP.

How is Island compared with Himawari?

>no more mitcher OP
>tfw

This is the best Michuru

is that her natural hair colour

how surreal

You are correct.

Reminder that the place to discuss untranslated visual novels is here:

*crash*

sorry... user

Why are lolis so fucking clumsy? I'm never hiring a loli maid again.

You'll regret that.....

*unsheathes katana*

Writing is much better. Otherwise it depends on how much you would like the overall concept of the story. It might look absolutely perfect (like it was for me), or terribly unfinished and empty. Characterisation is a bit worse, I guess, couldn't bring myself to actually care about Momoka or Kurutsu family, while in Himawari in the end I liked literally every character. Music was decent, voice acting was perfect. Overall I would say that is was a bit less enjoyable than Himawari, but still great.

>literally a general just to discuss untranslated vns
>JOPs still force their way here for no reason
Why can't they leave us alone? Let us have our translated vn general like it's supposed to.

When you have a thread about Japanese novels, expect some discussion of Japanese novels.

Back to /jp/

If it's due for translation, sure, it would make sense to talk about it a bit.

But this isn't the place to discuss things that are in Japanese.

It's inevitable anyway. Discussion about games that may get picked up, discussion about games from developers that have a tl'd games, new games from major brands... it's gonna leak here.

Sure and I'm not knocking that

It's when people try to discuss stuff that's completely out of nowhere and only in japanese, or just post japanese screencaps when they could be posting english ones or go on and on about the japanese "prose in something like that cross channel autist, that it becomes a problem

And that happens a fucking lot

This is now Grisaia thread. Choose one.

Grow some thicker skin fuccboi

Baldr Sky is kamige.

Yumiko = Sacchan > Mitcher > Makina > shit > Amane

Makina > Michiru > Sachi > Amane > Yumiko

how do i get the status menu option back. It keeps telling me that stats screen is updated but i can't even go to the fucking menu to see the updates

I just want Michiru. The other girls are fun and everything but Michiru is the bestest.

Has she stolen your heart?

Need to wait until the story unlocks it for you. If you're in UBW, Tohsaka will give you one of the books she used to learn magic.

I'm not sure, I like her but she definitely has problems, I'm of two minds about her.

Michiru's route is really deep but Yumiko's touched me in a special place.

Amane > Yumiko > Mitcher > Satcher. Makina doesn't get to be in the rankings.

This is setting aside JB, Chizuru and the others though, most of whom would generally rank higher than Mitcher at least.

lol

I hate puns.

i'm in the first fs/n. i got the book ages ago. caster and her spookies were just beat.

you're in a thread about japunese translations, you better get used to them

That's true, but I felt like Amane's was the one I could really sink my teeth into.

>Makina doesn't get to be in the rankings.
What?

She's not a heroine, she's just an occasionally amusing side character. I mean, you're not telling me there's some route where the protagonist takes a little girl to act as her surrogate father figure and then fucks her, right? That would be crazy.

Ryuuji no kaioken

>i'm in the first fs/n.
The fuck is that supposed to mean, that you're in the Fate route? Anyway just keep reading, it'll unlock eventually. I think going back to the main menu also lets you check the status.

Amane's left me hungry for more, it's way better than Sachi's route, which really crashed and burned, or Makina's, which belongs in the trash.

Tell her to take the trash out, it's bad for business if it's sitting out in the open. And tell her to stop hiding the melon bread under her apron, that's something kids even littler than her do.

I always wondered. Why is Sachi not in this picture?

Did /r/visualnovels die?
Is that why all the Grisaia retards came here?

I thought Sachi's route was lacking a little oomph, to be honest.

sorry for confusion.
i don't really know how this vn works as there are 3 separate folders and executables. The readme told me to do this one first, so I figured it supposed to be some kind of enforced play order. Now that i'm looking at it, yeah, this is the "fate" route.

As for the button, I had it unlocked for a little while after rin first gave me the book but it has vanished since then.

I guess I'll just use the main menu for now.

But it had such an explosive climax!

I think they had a general and it died recently, so they came here.

>Makina's, which belongs in the trash.
I don't get it.

Should we discuss moogy again instead?

>Fate = shit romance ruins everything
>UBW = good when it was not focusing on shirou
>HF = actual good stuff
is this correct /vn/?

Fuck off back to your containment general.

He's being sarcastic, since Makina's route is god tier.

No, no and no.

Yeah you're in the Fate route then, if you follow the readme you'll be fine. If you like the VN and are planning on getting into the Nasuverse I recommend reading Tsukihime and Kagetsu Tohya before Fate Hollow Ataraxia.

Have you guys heard of Before Crime * After Days?

Not really, not really and maybe, if you add 3543684687654 awkward cooking scenes in the midst of the good stuff

Yes we have

You'll have to spend an unnecessarily long amount of time reading my flashbacks to find out.

>not realizing the cooking scenes are some of the most important for characterization
Truly surface level understanding.

You may be right user, FSN was the second VN I read and all I remember was that while reading HF I just wanted the SoL shit to be over as soon as possible.

Name one visual novel

No

Shiki has fans? Yeah I don't believe you.

KiraKira.

Of course Shiki has fans, no one can resist the Tohno Gland and his superior fashion sense. Not to mention his dick is bigger and he actually fucks the loli.

I'm a Shiki fan.

>never been in a Shiki thread

I never found out who kicked the can...

are they all about the holy grail wars? The vndb page is kind of daunting looking at all the shit that's side stories, fandisc, same setting, prequels,.......

Maybe it was the hamster.

They are all part of the Nasuverse.

FSN is about the 5th grail war, the three routes are three different possible outcomes. The Fate/Zero LN is about the 4th war in which Shirou's dad participated and it got the anime adaptation which secondaries love.

Tsukihime and Kagetsu Tohya happen in the same universe (different town, events take place a little time before the 5th Grail War in Fuyuki) but have nothing to do with the Grail War. They have tons of Nasuverse world-building.

Fate/Hollow Ataraxia happens after the 5th war and it kinda merges the all the endings of FSN.

And that's pretty much it for the TypeMoon VNs, there's Mahoyo but it's only partially translated. There's of course tons of other stuff but I'm too lazy to write about them all, you can check the outdated nasuverse guide image that gets posted from time to time whenever a fag asks how to get into Fate in /a/.

I'm ending it

Self did it

Who stole the AD?

Louise

Don't fuck dead cats, it's unhygienic.

What happens in the ending of Remember11?

I've never played it how would I know?

Why wouldn't you play it? It's in english.

we wuz babies n sheeet

Is it fine if they just make me have wet dreams?

Because Moogy hasn't played it.

which ending

be specific

Reminder that Remember11 is an unfinished game.

But it's still really good

You can tell a game is bad when the author tries to use languages that he's terrible at like English and German to try to sound cool, games like FSN.