UpClose - Mercedes Maybach Coupe

Here's are the pics of the 6m behemoth up clear and close.
>Pic related is the spy-shot of the car just before the Pebble Beach appearance.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/R-p9sTKwkBA
usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2016/08/18/mercedes-unveils-huge-tech-filled-maybach-coupe-concept/88973302/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Needs ecoboost

Rendering - 1

Well that's a bit obscene, isn't it?

That was fast but haha.

It's still unclear what'll power this beast but speculations are it'll use the same 6.0 V12 from the S600 Maybach.

>Rendering - 2

It's named as 'Vision Maybach 6-Concept'.
Maybe the production model will please you?

>Rendering - 3

It has gullwing doors!

Not sure if this will be there in the final production model.

Niggerbait

>M-M-M-M-MAYBACH MUSIC

>Interior Rendering

BIG

>Interior Rendering - 2

GUY

I think it's gonna be a big blow at the RR Wraith and Bentley GTC.

SO WATCHA THINK Veeky Forums?

Fake....and gay

Needs a Straight-8 engine

Why does Mercedes think that grill is ok for public view, i think it violates some sort of indecent exposure law.

imagine trying to parallel park that

What a beast, I think cars are going to have amazing designs once they go autonomous, no need for crumple zone bumpers

I don't really have an opinion. Whether I like it or not. It's clearly not designed for someone of my lifestyle or income level.

I'm just curious why they think they can actually get away with producing something like this in 2016. Who the fuck will actually buy something like that? It has a touch of modern styling but the dimensions and coupes body are clearly some shit out of early 1940s Germany. It has no place. Literally. It won't fucking fit anywhere.

>stupid "futuristic" wheels and interior
Why does every concept cars need to have these?

Besides, I don't really get this car. The last Maybach was a car for people who thought an S-Class was just too plebian. A car where you would preferably be the passenger in the back, while being chauffeured around and enjoying all the luxury in the back.
youtu.be/R-p9sTKwkBA

Judging from this picture however, the passenger has absolutely nothing. Apart from this wide armchair and the ability too look at this wierd light show in the center, whatever that's supposed to be.
The flappy pedal gearbox and HUD with way too much information almost makes it seem like a more driver oriented performance car. But then again, since the car is so comically long, I guess the driving experience won't be very fun.

So who would be the audience of such a car?

this definitely isn't an official rendering lmao

People that have obscene amounts of money and need an obscene way to show it.

ugly as fuck.

I want *someone* to bring back the straight 8.

Materials have improved so much since the late 40s, crank flex should be a complete nonissue.

Liftback?

Look at that hood! It's going to be running an Inline 16 FFS\

FFFFFFUUUUUKKKKKK YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Is this the base model? There like nothing to play with

It's funny that modern car design has to be stretched out that far to accomplish the same design style of old.

Surely not a luxury car.

>>Pic related is the spy-shot of the car just before the Pebble Beach appearance.

Pic related is actually a shit photoshop job done by someone with parkinsons

It's not a car I'd ever be interested in, but I really want this to exist. It looks really neat in a totally decadent way.

>the dimensions and coupes body are clearly some shit out of early 1940s Germany
But that's why it's awesome. Ridiculous and unnecessary sure, but that's exactly what makes it look cool.

Heck yeah babby.
Bonus points if it's steam powered.

>No airbags

If it had airbags, people would think it's dangerous.

so its a mercedes e-type jag

This isn't a Maybach this is a rubbish bin Jaguar concept. Does it want to honour Porsches heritage with that rear end? Does it want to be an Infinity concept in the front? Come on where's the regal chunk and box? Wheres the dining room interior? What kind of brand does Maybach see itself as?

>what is crank whip

what about that chrysler atlantic that just took two neon 2.0's and bolted them together at the crank?
ez straight-8

It is and these pics were set to be released today and it got leaked 2 days back.

Not a big deal unless you're trying to get 10k rpm out of an 8 cylinder engine.
Shit even some modern busses use straight 8s

All the Maybach owners be vomiting right now.

Or an F-Type.

>revealed to be all-electric

That tiny little rear window

so where does the driver go? into the boot?
I mean why would want a maybach that you must drive yourself?
What kind of animals they think their customer base is.

>What kind of animals they think their customer base is.

Picture related

I hope the production model gets a practical one.

The concept? Yes.

It will be a fucking gay electric faggit car for homos

Price speculation?

Who the fuck thought giving a new Maybach this fucking Korean meme face would turn out good

I was gonna say around 3mil because only rich niggers are going to buy it

Holy shit that thing is huge. Couldnt even fit that in a garage.

>spy shot
>multiple light sources
>one shadow

fuck off with your shops

not a fan of the long arse but it looks good else imo

oh thank god, i thought it was going to be electric.

>mfw windows really are going extinct

Thanks for the chuckle

Haha..do you think high-end cars before get stored in a very tight room with less room. What if the lights was set up for the people in-charge to take care of it and that guy somewhat got a shot at the car?

Haha...can't unsee that now.

>everyone ITT just bickering about how it looks and what it looks like and etc etc

maybach is just testing the waters to see if their clientele wants a big $500,000 V12 coupe to drive around themselves or if they want to stick with the S65 AMG and keep the Maybach sedans like they are

>Renderings
>Trying to break the camaro's visibility record

>This might be an un-appealing news.
The most recent news says the following:
>"The is an electric car with 200-mile range, powered by motors that equal 738 horsepower."
>"Mercedes says it is capable of zero to 62 miles per hour in about four seconds. Top speed is limited to 155 mph."

More info here - usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2016/08/18/mercedes-unveils-huge-tech-filled-maybach-coupe-concept/88973302/

Why is the hood 10 miles long?
Not just materials, but they've also figured out to use 9 main bearings instead of 5.

Looks like the hideous off spring of the Benz VGT and a Maybach.

At the same time it's so obscenely opulent that I actually like the thing.

>0 space for golf clubs
Absolutely plebeian.

>6 meters

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT'S 20 FEET

AM I DRIVING A YACHT OR AM I DRIVING A CAR?

and I thought the 240 wagon was gigantic.