/ywg/ - Yo-kai Watch General #62

Previous thread: FAQ Building edition

YO-KAI WATCH 2 IS OUT NOW, GET TO BEFRIENDING

Join the discord to make friends and battle others!
discord.gg/0m7Vj85gNw4dutXi

The Yo-kai Watch 2 Demo is out on the e-shop! Tell your friends to give it a try!

Yo-kai Watch 3 is out in Japan! Details here!
youkai-watch.jp/yw3/

Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble:
itunes.apple.com/us/app/yo-kai-watch-wibble-wobble/id1085461253?mt=8
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Level5.YWWWUS
WibWob medal registration: yo-kai-wibblewobble.com/medal/index.nhn

>Is this actually good?
Yes it's good, just don't go in expecting the hyped up "Pokemon killer" aspect. Kotaku started the phrase for clickbait and it worked. They aren't the same game at all, just two games in the monster catching genre. If you want an explanation on the battle system, someone can fill you in, don't worry the demo for the first game was indeed shit and not a good representation of how you'll go through the game. The demo for 2 was slightly better.
It's heavily recommended to skip the first game and go straight for Yo-kai Watch 2.

>Is there a list of all the yokai?
yokaipedia.net/list-of-youkai/

>I'm too lazy to look for i-
yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Here's a resource document for all your Yo-kai Watch 1 FAQ needs:
docs.google.com/document/d/1_POcoMxn85sOaJSFlvYDIljIfeadxm-qz9GTdmcNND0/edit?usp=sharing

We're working on an FAQ for Yo-kai Watch 2 now! This includes event passwords and QR codes, Poking tips, Door locations, and other good shit.
pastebin.com/AsKK6yHM

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/EegAsHzh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nyaa

Kontan is cutest yo-kai

>3 lie-in hearts in a row

i'm SO glad i fucking cheated these glitzy coins in. otherwise, i'd be pissed.

... And we're in! Seems like it's just super slow. I'll hold on to the pandanoko - if anyone wants the medallium add my FC (see last thread)

Can you reinvite me to trade so I can give you the 2nd Pandanoko then you send the 2nd back to me? obviously the first is yours f a m.

I beg to differ.

Sure thing!

>use 5 star coin
>frostail

Nice.

Thanks a bunch. At some point can I get a 2nd pandanoko? Me and my friend are playing the two versions and he's jealous of the wisp ability.

Huge thanks man! if you need any other yokai just let me know.
Also Mostdope, you want a nickname free pandanoko or the test one? I can edit my save & remove the nickname bro.
Yeah, I can give you a 2nd easily. 1 sec

Wasnt there a huge demand for popularity yokai?
I've gotten a ton of Casanuva, should i include them in the Glitzy Giveaway?

cranking is fucking boring when you're doing it 50 at a time

Is there not a way to edit nicknames in the game like the last one? I'd like to have the regular Pandanoko name if it's not too much trouble. The medallium registered so it looks like it's all good.

It was probably just me posting multiple times trying to get way-early-game popularity, I gave up and just waited until rank C so I could make superstar soul.

Might want to check on the fact that the 'nokos don't have an attitude - I used a book on it just to be safe before taking it into battle!

Oh I have no idea whether you can but I just got 2 unnamed nokos in the save now so I'll retrade you the no name (keep the test one if you want. already got the medallion.) for free anyways. or you can send the test as the trashkai

you want another Panda btw?

Has anyone else had Noko eat their capsules?

Yep. Inviting you now.

Sadly the Editor for 2 doesn't let you mess with attitudes. I'll give the 2 fresh ones a book though when I get on
1 sec have to load the game, just edited the save.

I'll send the test one back i guess, i'll wait for when you and Ben are done trading.

Okay either of you invite me, made them logical with books. (I think it worked anyways)

Awesome, thanks a bunch Matt.

No problem thanks to both of you. If you guys want any unobtainable(s) or high levels or whatever just lemme know. I mean I dunno if you can message through fc but I'm normally in the general anyways.

I'd really appreciate a friend-mode Slimmamander whenever you can get one. Or if possible. I know he's going to be really sought after since his 3-row hit technique is so OP.

Shouldn't be an issue, I'll try to add one and see if it works. Dunno if you wanna go through the hassle again but any chance i could also trade you a tigernyan that you send back after the boss? I don't think he's even obtainable in game and wanna see his medallion desu.

Yeah sure no problem. I forgot Tigernyan was even in this game.

>When the nickname slots have just enough space for the original.

So i've done a bunch of glitzy medals, and a few 5 stars.
This is what i have to give away.

Arachnia x 3
Casanuva x 5
Cruncha x 1
Frostail x 1
Lie-in heart x 5
Shadow Venoct x 15
Sheen x 4

One per person for now, unless you also want a venoct. please take them away.

Quote with who you want, and your friend code and name.

First come, first served.

I'm gonna fuck with some stuff in the editor to see if I can get it to show up. If not I'll go catch the boss myself and just dupe the save after the trade. I don't think tigernyan's supposed to be obtainable but the wiki is shit so wouldn't know.

Anyone wanna swap medals

I'm looking for wideawake, count zapaway, hidabat and count cavity

I have eterna, tyrat, dracunyan, Gnomey and shadow venoct I'm willing to part with

>try to put Sailor Bell in inventory with save editor
>game crashes upon opening inventory

Good thing I kept a backup.

>Shadow Venoct x 15

Holy shit. I'd like a Casanuva if nobody's nabbed Cruncha or Frostail yet.

Cruncha (and a shadow venoct?) if that's all right

can I have casanuva?

I'd like one please

>Arachnia

Uh second choice Arachnia

this is me btw

Fuck nevermind figured it out. I was trying to give myself the non friendly boss. Right finishing up then i'll be on again.

Why the fuck is befriending such a fucking chore in YW1.

I'm just throwing marble steaks at the FUCKING WALL.

Awesome, i thought befriending him legit would be forever.

Is he the one that looks like a lucha wrestler or some other one?

no name, no yokai, bruh

You get Cruncha and Venoct

Casanuva

Arachnia

Adding everyone now

So I guess that's Frostail for me. I'm FUMI.

Have Wydeawake. Need the first three.
I'm

I'm kinda sad I can't force the angry boss form onto my team with the editor but I got the friendly working for ya. yep yep, he's pretty nifty honestly. I'm tempted to add darknyan/hovernyan but getting the medallions is a lot of effort/trading.

I can't give you all three :/ pick one?

awesome

Frostail

Gotta go with Eterna, if that's okay.

yeah sure. I'll add you now

Casanuva please

Fuck I'm retarded and hit B for some reason. Can you resend the invite?

Yeah, some forms are definitely more appealing than others. The befriendable Sproink is pretty cute though. Yeah he's pretty sweet. I'm kind of a sucker for those lucha themed characters.

And thanks a ton as always. I kind of want a Tigernyan myself after seeing him.

Thanks, based user!

I can give you tigernyan if you want (a different one obviously.) any chance we go again but with the dlc blokes? those are actually the last yokai I cheated in personally.
And thanks to you man, Dunno why but having the medallions makes it feel nicer.

Thanks!

Is there a booru?

Sure, you want them traded back right for the medallium? You know how many it is? I'm only like halfway through the story and actually almost running low on low rank kais for trading.

Waitin on you, brah.

Also, anybody got a Unikirin and Devourer for a quick dex swap to get Slurpent?

Still waiting on Jake, I'll invite you when done

You still here? lol

No prob guys. i love doing giveaway things for people. I used to do this sort of stuff over at /acg/ too

I keep invitng you and nothing happens.

It's the sailor moon/Robonyan ones for Medallions. so 2 it'd be
>I trade you lucha nyan
>I trade you robonyan
>you trade robonyan back I trade you the trashkai back
>I trade you sailor moon nyan you retrade same trashkai
>I trade back trashkai and you trade back sailor moon nyan.
though if you want I can make fresh sailor moon/robonyan but then it'd be slightly more trashkai involved I think. my math is terrible.

You probably need to B out of all menus - the invite will come to you if you're just around.

Thank you!

FUMI I'm inviting you now

Well i was wanting the digital bonus ones too actually, if you still can. I think i have enough to make them clean trades. If you didnt make enough though that's fine we can just trade them over so you can get the medalliums.

Sorry for any delays. Much like pokemon, the trade system is very finicky.

Thanks so much comrade

I left the editor open in case you wanted the digital blokes, I'll add them in and send them. I also gave myself hovernyan & Jibakoma since neither can be obtained on Us copies. Dunno if you want those, but I'm not gonna make you trade them back for medallions. I'll get their medallions later as I feel I've made you do too much backtrading kek.

Can you make me count zapaway and hideabat? You'd be doing me such a solid

Alright, and dont worry it's not a hassle or anything. It's nice to get these really hard or downright impossible ones in exchange for some commons i can find roaming around.

And i didnt know you cant get them ever, i'd love to have them too please.

Yeah, I got Arachnia after Noko ate my Capsule.

Coo! Thanks!

Weird request, can I get a high level slippery yo-kai? Trying to level up this cynake soul to level 10 and snagglys are refusing fucking pancakes

Its a pretty cute thing.
nokos are best yokai

Noko eats duds and shits out gold. Mostly a gimmick.

I wonder if it's coincidence that was proved to be two dud 5-star coins in the present wound up getting eaten by Noko in the past...

Alright so I'll send you your digital blokes right after lucha and then i'll send you my dlc ones to send back. I can give you the unobtainables but can you send them back then I resend the same ones just for the medallions then?
After I'm done doing my little medallion exchange sure thing user. though. my fc is 5473-0305-4787 I'll add you when I'm done.
Do you mean to be asking me?

oh my god youre the best, I dont suppose you can do count cavity too so I can officially round off my team do you? I swear youd be a life saver

Oops, yes, I meant to ask you. Also, this will serve as an experiment on how level of yo-kai impacts the level of the resulting soul gem. One or two high level cynakes would be great.

I'm just gonna edit my save so I could legit give you any yokai. except wicked ones. for some reason they never show up when I edit them in sadly.
I'll do you after Chris which is after mostdope. assuming he's on desu. as I'll need to back out to edit the save and stuff.

Also mostdope, inv me to trade whenever you're ready.

Sounds like a plan. First DLCs keep, second batch send back. And yeah that works for the unobtainables.

Shit sorry. forgot to give them books so uh give them books when we're done I guess.

Can one renickname Yokai after theyve been traded? When does when get the ability to nickname?

Alright, hoping the book takes effect after.

I know you could in the last game, in the downtown business tower. Not sure when it starts though.

Can someone post the passwords for one of each of the travelers coins? I'm unable to use youtube to check the password video.

pastebin.com/EegAsHzh

You are fucking awesome. Just to speed up while we trade for your convenience, I need:

Belfree
Count Cavity
Count Zapaway
Insomni
Allnyta

and idk if you can but Master Nyada?

just those, I have plenty of shit yokai to trade away lol so it will be quick. Just invite me when ready

Thanks a ton man, and again sorry about not giving them books prior, wasn't even thinking about it honestly.
adding you then editing my save to do your request now.

also Verygoosir and darknyan too if you can (last ones I promise lol)

So
belfree, count cavity, zapaway, insomni, allnyta, and master nyada? any levels? and I'll give them books prior so they don't just be casual personality/whatever as the editor doesn't allow for setting prior.

yes, those and verygoodsire and darknyan. you can set the levels to 1 or whatever default level that makes them seem the most legit lol

They're pretty great!

The books all took thankfully so there shouldnt any problem there. And thanks a million again, very much appreciated.

It shouldn't cause any issue just kinda sucks to not have a personality. I didn't even realize throughout my whole playthrough, but I'm a scrub probably.
right right, finished editing so I'll test and then invite you f a m.

Are you there Jake, do you have an Arachnia left or were they picked clean?

I'm here, but it shows as you not having added me back.
Still got your spiderboy though!

I bet it would be pretty bad. They already attack according to their own whims, having a personality is just one of ways you can kind of influence them.

By the way, for those with C+ Watch ranks, get a Wantson (or any other item dropper) and look for Spenps under vending machines and cars. They drop silver dolls like no tomorrow
$50.00 per sale is pretty nice

I'm not seeing you on my friend list. And i tried adding you, let me try again.

Neat, I will try this! Thanks user! Which vending machines / cars?

the ones in Shopper's Row

To rename Yokai you have to be able to get to excellent tower or w/e it is.

When you go inside and hug the left side of the building, there will be a baffle board that you need to bring a Wazzat to, once you do that, you'll be able to rename traded yokai.