Zip ties

Sup Veeky Forums

Are you using any of these on your shitbox right now? What for?

>rear bumper
>wire harness
>door panel

None. Unless honda used some at the factory.

Got some wires running under panels that are zip-tied together, got RCA zip tied so that it doesn't interfere with steering column. That's about it. Got some ties in my headlight wiring because aftermarket, but nothing more.

muffles sagging a bit so i ziptied it up. probably shouldve used metal ones

make good cheap wire seperators

perfect for sagging or ripped bumpers

tie girls up in the trunk

This has to be bait

how long ago did you do that? I would imagine it would melt after a few drives

Daily reminder to only buy black zipties. The white ones are brittle

I used some to repair the underbody plastics on my car

Noted

A radiator clip that`s broken, some hoses in the engine bay, an exhaust hanger.

I actually used dental floss to repair one of the broken glovebox rails, its pretty sturdy stuff.

my boost pressure control valve has two zip ties to stop it from bouncing, the screws i used were too long. It doesn't matter as the boost pressure control valve has failed in the full boost position.

there was a point where my entire intercooler was held up with zip ties

it was like that for 2 days until i finally got some proper brackets

i even drove up and down the highway with it

possibly the stupidest thing i've done t b h

mudflaps for days

black zip ties = super stealth, no screws to expose metal on fenders for rust

Stereo wiring
Aftermarket gauge wiring
Underside of sideskirt that cracked

I have cracks in my front spoiler too but because the car is white I haven't used any as it would stick out like dogs balls.

pics?

not possible with my mudflaps

Some of these jobs actually look pretty cool.
Never seen one that good in person though..

And if you don't have zip ties on your car, then its never been customized.

It was a few days ago and i haven't driven yet. i didn't put them on the muffler itself, i put them on the hooks holding the muffler up. problem is I'm not sure if they're a bit too close.

If I was in your position I would have AT LEAST used metal hose clamps instead of zip ties

Got some to further secure the wires for my rear lights

I own two cars, 95 civic coupe and 03 Jetta. Zip ties hold both of them together entirely. Body, suspension, interior, EVERYTHING.

Ok thanks ill look for some. new to this automotive diy thing.

Using one right now to hold back the e-brake line so it doeant rub paint on my shock and rust it

I remember seiing someone's whole suspension was held by the zip ties, it was amazingly brilliant and damn scary at the same time

tell me why this isn't a good idea if you use strong enough zip ties.

why?

Cable ties should only ever be used on wiring harnesses.

These will all snap the first time the shock is compressed.

I couldn't get the bolt holes to line up so I have the fairings on my motorcycle held together with zip ties.

>Holding on my license plate

No one really makes shit to make a ktm 200 street legal, so I ended up buying a universal turn signal kit and just zip-tieing my license plate to the rear fender with about a dozen zip ties. I could make some kind of professional looking mount, but I'd probably just rip it off in the woods.

Had a friend that traded civics with another friend. The first guy received a car that had a carbon hood that used hood pins. The other guy wanted to keep the hood. So they swapped them. The car getting the stock hood no longer had a latch, and he didn't have pins to hold it closed. So he used zip ties attached to the radiator support. They melted on the way home and his steel hood smashed the windshield. While waiting for a tow a friendly cop offered to stay with him until the tow arrived. During that time the cop discovered he hadn't gotten insurance for the new car, or transferred the title, nor did he have a license to drive. So he was arrested and the car impounded.

Did you ever do anything about your exhaust roasting your shit?

Yeah, I put a hose clamp in front of the boot that covers the joint between the exhaust, so now that boot can't slide forward and uncover the seam between the expansion chamber and muffler.

Had them holding up my front plate until a blown truck tire flopping around a busy highway decided otherwise.

My muffler.

I've used everything from rubber rings to actual metal ties but they all fell off so I zip tied the actual muffler support hooks to the supports, used like 10 zip ties so it doesn't sag.

I've also used them to secure wiring and my E fan relay so it doesn't get burned by my radiator.

I'm really proud of myself that that was actually you. Was drunk when you posted about it months ago and am drunk again.

They hold the back end of my suspension/fuel tank guard to the rear sway bar. Cheap and easy to replace on the rare occasion that a rut or gravel spray breaks one, and prevent the sheets from tearing or breaking off at the front such that it might get caught on something.

The rubber exhaust hanger on my old Fiat broke/perished on me a few times, I never had any issue using zip ties.

Just check on it once every couple of weeks in case any have been snapped or broken.

One side of my coolant reservoir, crankcase vent catch can, couple of random plastic splash guard spots, holding wiring together, probably more but lost track.

Why the fuck do you have flattened rain gutters drywall screwed all over the undercarriage?

4, for my hubcaps

more like this plz

It's HDPE, and for protection.

I never said metal rain gutters. Which would actually offer more protection than your plastic rain gutters.

It's not supposed to be for impact protection. It's for keeping stuff from scraping on the ground and keeping gravel spray away from the brake, brake lines, and other fragile components in the rear suspension. If I wanted to make it all survivable hitting boulders, I'd make it out of 3/16" aluminium like the front skid plate. This is exactly how stage rally cars run under-body protection, just with even more of it under the floor boards.

>tachometer wiring ziptied in place
>LED lightbar wiring ziptied in place
>front plate on my other truck was held on with zipties until I got a new bumper and a front plate mount
>front plate on my car is ziptied to the bottom two screw holes

Just cut the muffler off you pleb.

I'll go ahead and let you go on knowing more than me about the subject. But just know, I do not care for the looks of it.

(Slight sarcasm implied)

>he cares what things look like

If I spent all day staring at them through the window of a bus I guess I might care too.

Fuel lines, bumper, inner fender shields, radiator to condenser, oil and ATF cooler lines, various cooling fan pieces, various shroud electronics,
>total: 7 categories, at least 20 objects
where's my poorfag prize?

I feel like I should hate this post but for some reason I don't.

Bumper
Wiper switch

holding a wiring harness on....inside my transmission.

Because being nice (with a sense of humor) and willing to admit you don't know everything is a desirable quality, perhaps?

Ideally if you figured out the forces they would undergo under compression and expansion you could estimate how many zip ties would be needed and if you used metal zip ties you could probably do a lot less. It would require a solid amount of mathematics and testing to figure it out exactly.

Tbh you could probably estimate it fairly well by just doing some research and then over engineering by putting more then enough zip ties on, like 1.5x or 2x your estimation.

Yes

Mostly affixing wiring to things and attaching a protective screen to my grill

>$.50 has been credited to your account

50 cents? thats pretty good

My aftermarket trans cooler is held in by like 6 cable ties.

Holding a rag on the leaking tank inlet. Shit's good.

yea a stealth magnetic mount for my license plate to fool the popo, here in california the state is full of faggot ass piece of shit liberals and has arbitrary laws like front plates must be mounted

>zip tie the black metal bar behind the bottom grill
>glue a magnet behind the plate
>slap that sucker on when I park to take the train every morning
>remove that fucker when it's time to go
>middlefingertoallthehaters.mpg