TALK ME OUT OF THIS

TALK ME OUT OF THIS

I'll soon get my first vehicle. Dew to very considerate and well designed laws it has to be less than 95hp.
I was thinking a car, old and cheap, hatchback or similar.

Then I saw this, and it really doesn't feel like a bad idea. Talk me out of it or die trying.

It's a good idea as long as you never ever crash it.

It's only 95 hp and he's obviously not looking for something fast he's looking for a party on wheels.

Where do you live, user? You should come to the US

Yeah I get that. Luckily you are never too fast with it. Cause you are never fast.

I'm not reckless nor stupid either, so I should be able to manage that at least.

What should I look for in particular when I test drive it and examine it? It's old, it has 4x4, it's a fucking van, it's my first car. Any tips?

Near the US army base in Aviano, Italy.

looks rad, kind of like a hiace van. If I had the money and there was one for sale near me, I'd fuckin buy that.

Get it and see if it will do 100mph full of people

Looks like an Isuzu WFR.
The WFRs were very good vans.

I don't know much about the benzine engine in them, but the diesel ones go on forever.

Some of them had the option of a bench seat with column shift too.

That van is fucking awesome, you literally have to get it!

Seriously OP fucking do it.

Look for rust in the usual places and evidence of bad repairs.
Check to see if the engine smokes and all the gears including 4x4 work correctly. Check if A/C works (if it has)

Try and do a cold start if diesel.

The usual places for rust are around the windshield rubbers, at the bottom of the doors, on the cab where the doors close and in the wheel wells.

Might aswell look at VW Transporters. Should be fairly common in Europe and there will always be parts and a resourceful community. A friend of mine has a '85 T3 and it's pure fun, cheap and wrenching is incredibly easy.

VW a shit.

Looks like a bitch to park

What's the hp on those? Less than 95? Remember I have that limit.

It probably is, but that gets surpassed by rad festive road trips and switching out the seats for a mattress when I'm with the gf.

How bad is it to have the wheel on the wrong side? The pedals are normal right?

My friend has the 50hp N/A diesel, it has enough torque to keep up in normal traffic, but once you hit 110kph it sounds and feels like it just wants to die, but it won't. Most of the older common models had between 70 and 90hp, some rarer/newer ones had 95 or 115.

>The pedals are normal right?
No, RHD cars have the clutch on the right, gas in the middle and brakes to the left.

Wrong.

lol

Did you get the fuckin convent van yet or what?
You better not miss out and get some piece of shit Punto instead

I'll do my best