Lol. Pics for the law suit?

>not changing your own oil

You get what you deserve.

>take it in for an oil change
>take it in
>for an oil change

This is where you fucked up

My driveway is covered in oil right now

Workers from the dealership came over and told me that the oil filter wasn't put on tight enough or something. So tomorrow I will be getting my car back after the same dumbass mechanics fix it again.

>no clean up
>no mess
>drop it off
>pick it up

the trick is not to send your car to a place with a bunch of scrubs

>their time isnt valuable enough to let other people do monkey work for them

>ew! My hands are all dirty and I'm sweating!

Kys

How much do you pay the bull to fuck your wife?

Kill yourself.

Kill yourself.

they double gasket-ed your oil filter.

kys

Yeah I'm sure you have tons of super important shit to be doing like laying on the couch you lazy sack of shit

Explain? What does this mean.

>drop off car
>ride with girlfriend to beach
>play in the water for a couple hours
>pick up car
>pay $15 extra to save two hours of time

i see absolutely no cons with this

it is perfect in every single way

some of us live in nice areas that don't have shitdicks working in every car shop

>poorfag has to actually DO HIS OWN OIL CHANGES because he can't afford his own grease monkeys

Also, literally takes the same amount of fucking time doing it yourself as it does waiting at the dealership for them to do it

Read OPs post. Not worth the potential headache

It costs more to do it yourself shithead

you'd know if you changed your own oil cuckboi

>Lift car
>Undo drain pan
>Have giggly fun chasing gf with dirty hands
>Fuck
> Put new oil in
>Fuck gf again

No money spent having to drive anywhere

Millennial pussies will never experience this

t. milennial

I bought a CPO car that included free oil changes for three years or something. It was nice since I wasn't living anywhere I could keep tools or do work and that fucker takes like 9 quarts of oil.

t. nu-male

P sure chasing a woman is rape in 2016.

>read OPs post
>shit luck
>i've taken my car to factory dealerships for the past 5 oil changes now and no issues
>car runs like a top
>you guys have fun wasting your time for muh experience

i've already changed enough oil and done enough of my own maintenance to realize what a fucking unnecessary hassle it is

i could do my own taxes too. i'd know the numbers were right and i'd know my rebate was on point and i'd have all the deductions in check, or i could just plug my numbers in to a website in 15 minutes and have a couple grand wired to my account in a week and skip the bullshit

Actually, it take me about ten minutes.

Fuck waiting for half an hour for that shit

Get some form of written and dated evidence. Cause when your bearings are toast in 5k miles from running with no oil you're gonna be fucked.

Not all of the oil dripped out. It holds around 5 quarts and only around a quart dripped out. Since the spill it's only been driven 11 miles to get to the service center

Plus the time it takes to drive to and from. So there's your half hour you fucking pussy

>i've already changed enough oil and done enough of my own maintenance to realize what a fucking unnecessary hassle it is

Like ops hassle

you would be the one to know

To drive to my own driveway?
If I were that fucking rich I'd have a pit crew

sometimes when you remove the filter the gasket gets stuck to the engine block, if you don't realize it and remove it before you put the new filter on you have two gaskets and it leaks.

always check the removed filter for the gasket.

they are undertrained jr. techs doing lube no matter where you take it. they also use bargain bulk oil and filters that are of the lowest quality

I have ramps so it goes.
Stop by parts and liquor store
Get home and pull car on ramps
put on gloves, pull the drain plug.
Remove gloves, enjoy a beer while it's draining.
Put gloves on, replace drain plug and change filter, open oil cap.
Remove gloves put funnel in oil cap, fill oil while having another cold beer. put the cap on and wipe down anything I touched

Check filter and plug for leaks, pull car off ramp

not a bad 20 mins. I know it's done right and the fluid and filter are top quality. I also got the beer for less than it costs for an undertrained child to fill my car with slop and put a shit filter on. or possibly

I have one of those fumoto valves so I don't even need tools.

Changing your oil is shit easy and your time would have to be worth at least $80/hr before it would make more sense to pay a shop to do it. That's assuming you're using full synthetic. If you still use conventional kill yourself.

>Not all of the oil dripped out. It holds around 5 quarts and only around a quart dripped out.

You determined that it was only one quart low? Or was it the dealer employees that told you that? They don't want blame, so they will tell you some bullshit if you didn't bother to verify the amount of oil yourself on the dipstick.

Are you sure how much remained in the engine? The dealer will tell you only a little bit came out because the dealer doesn't want future blame for bad bearings. I would not accept that the dealer tells me that only a quart came out. Under pressure, the oil comes out even faster. After you park, there is no more oil pump pressure, so the oil will leak out much slower.

>it takes people longer than 20 minutes to change their oil
Fuck getting every atom of the previous oil out you fags

I looked at the dipstick myself and could tell it was at least still 75℅ full

then tighten it urself and stfu idiot

Hello, town rapist.

>fumoto valves
I had one but I hit an abo on the way home one night and knocked it off. Cost me an engine.

>℅

what
%%

Dipsticks are calibrated for each particular car. So if there is still oil high up on the dipstick but it is below the crosshatch area for normal operating oil range, then you can assume 75% or so of the oil is still there.

But remember, a minimum amount of oil is necessary or it won't get properly flung up onto the bottom and sides of the pistons. You can't think of the oil reservoir as a gas tank where even if you have 5% gas left, you can still go on.

Make sure you get an extended warranty for the engine. Standard procedure when stuff like this happens

You may not know since you haven't owned a driveway, stains effect value. This is a big deal.

>Not having a trunk to store your tools

J U S T

You can't tighten your way out of a double gasketed filter.

In addition, if you're a retard and can't manage to do this without getting oil everywhere invest in a fumoto valve, it allows you to stick a hose on the end and drain directly into the old oil carton with no mess. Though you should remove it every few oil changes to get larger particles out.

>t. Fumoto valve owner

You may be able to clean it yourself, invest in some mineral spirits and orange oil eater - may completely remove the stain or at least make it a lot less noticeable.

Just buy a new filter and scrape off the old one attached to the engine block, they aren't hard to see or remove. If you're a poorfag (which I assume you're not because you're paying for oil changes ) then try to clean up the filter you have right now, the old one should be noticeable from the new one , screw it back in and you're done

>break out gasoline, scrubbing broom and pressure washer
>???
>profit

>that fucker takes like 9 quarts of oil.
It's like a Mercedes has an oil tanker for an oil pan or something. The 10k mi service interval is nice.

All you oil changing plebs: if you aren't using pic related with an engine which has top side access to the oil filter, you are a supreme cuck.

Are you black? If so tell them if they don't give you a million dollars you will tell the news they did it on purpose and hate black folk

This. OP I am a lawyer, I can't tell you the amount of retarded lawsuits I have won because my client was black

and now op has to go back, wasting more time, equal to the amount of time it would've taken him to do it himself.

>getting trolled by 14 year old bus riders

Not necessarily, though likely. I've often had experience with the gasket turning or getting misplaced when you're screwing the new filter in, despite lube. Makes a mess real quick. Usually on paper filters.

What on earth is this?

I make like $100/hr and I still change my own oil.

a penis pump

Why would I change my oil with a penis pump.

Ayy

Hivemind

Unless you're in a hurry to sell your house, who cares tbqh

Christ you're a faggot.

1) New Oil hardly stained your fucking driveway
2) a pressure washer and some Palmolive will make it like that shit never happened.

Yeah, I got a 3 year/48000 mi warranty on the engine.

It turns out that the seal on the oil pump was fucked, not the oil filter. The seal was metal for some reason when it was supposed to be rubber. So something the previous owner fucked up. They put a new seal on it, and they sent out a pressure wash truck to clean up the oil spill in the driveway

gonna sage my own thread since this actually got resolved pretty nicely

also for the record this fag isn't me

What if he drives a diesel? That gets rank black just by being in the oil pan.

Point taken, but I seriously doubt that is the case. And a pressure washer with dish soap would still take care of that.

>>gigantic oil leak, oil all over my driveway

That's actually fairly easy to clean if fresh. Use dish washing soap. Even the dish washing soap from a dollar store works. You can even use the synthetic sweep broom from the dollar store. Thus, you only spend $2 plus tax.

Squirt some soap and water and scrub gently with the broom. Keep the water running at all times because you need to have any loosened oil immediately flushed away instead of being scrubbed back into the surface. This is part of the "trick" of cleaning concrete. Keep squirting more soap as needed for scrubbing. You need to keep constant suds going to carry the oil away into the street drainage. Not polite or legal in my HOA but what else can you do? You can't eat it and its not affordable to buy a hundred pounds of oil soaking rags.

After the easy to get surface oil is flushed away, now have the water hose running a very small amount of water. Just a trickle. Squirt more soap and rub the surface with the broom more gently. You are working the soap down deeper to pull out the oil.

If there is going to be rain, squirt soap over the oil spot and let the rain wash it away. Because rain (or distilled water) doesn't have a lot of dissolved solids in it, that kind of water is pretty effective at pulling oil out compared to regular hard mineral water.

Getting the oil out immediately is what makes an oil spot not visible. If you let it sit a long time, then the stain will always be there since the acids in the oil will react with the gypsum portion of the concrete and make a chemical bond. Then all your soap no longer works since its polar attraction is less strong than the chemical bond.

> If you let it sit a long time, then the stain will always be there since the acids in the oil will react with the gypsum portion of the concrete and make a chemical bond.

Yeah this is what happened. It only sat out for less than a day and after the power washer guys were done they said the same thing, the oil is gone but now there's a stain.

I don't really care about the stain to be honest. As long as the oil is gone.

Ah, I have the low profile one and my car doesn't sit real low so it shouldn't be a big issue.

I have the same mac tools evacuator, it takes for fucking ever bro.

Why are you here

>toast
Conventional has worked great for a hundred years. That hasn't changed just because synthetic has came about.

Anyone else find this to have erotic connotations?

t. meme faggots

Fluid evacuator. Uses a pneumatic air source (or hand pump if you're a broke cunt) to suck fluid out of places. Great for differentials.

You seriously couldn't take the 30 minutes to change the oil in your car yourself?

They fucked up my car. Which fucked up my driveway. You post this as if I'm going to be the one doing it.

>If you still use conventional

Prefer to call it organic.