/scg/edg/ Elite Dangerous: Star Citizen

Old thread: White_Shrugging.gif is baiting as TheAgent here and on SA and tricked Derek Shart into thinking he's a real leaker Edition
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details
youtube.com/watch?v=GucYhhLwIxg

Citizencon countdown:
>timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?p0=137&iso=20161009T15&msg=CitizenCon '16

>Current update
>Next update?
PTU mid/late October "Maybe" rumours persist it is with evocati now.
Latest ATV:
youtu.be/_7GG0y8Jmcs

Referral code randomize:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098

>Gamescom info
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Latest videos
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-b-7tP7IW5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=BIxE9NqNsEQ
mediafire.com/file/x2hvowlbweto5wd/Star Citizen Jump Point.rar
mediafire.com/file/6zdp6frd6522ue8/Subscribers Vault.rar
mega.nz#F!3tpUlapR!knV_JazwxfM-xct6PJyPEw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How do you do, fellow Citizens?

2nd for Pegasus carrier best ship.

Polaris is a tiny overpriced ship. Prove me wrong.

Is Star Citizen dead yet?

But that's correct

youtu.be/-b-7tP7IW5Q

What the long time motivation in SC?

In regular MMO we have to level up, farm new/better gear, updates and new content(questline, dungeons)

was never alive

Galactic domination and resource wars

they'd better not cover it in fucking turrets like every other multi-crew ship in the game

Ion cannon, ballistic missile, ewar/cic and drone ships when?

Two weeks, 60 - 90 days max

>Galactic domination and resource wars
in a 24 player instance?
wars? come on

it just kind of fell off the radar. I wonder if it will be in sq42?

Why does the best looking ship have the worst role?

same as any sandbox

whatever you want

Own a factory and become a galactic Tycoon.

Become the first person the chart Vanduul space

Become a racing legend

Asteroid Bowling

post horrible sigs

>asymetrical spaceships

shit taste mate, sometimes they look fine

Im laffin

and sometimes they look like those two ugly pieces of shit

lol these people are going to get royally fucked.

I hope they do, what is the point of doing space trucking with no chance of getting pirated. The game is based around, emergent gameplay and when you hinder that, by giving players the choice of not being pirated at all, you break the game.

These people are fucking dumb. Carebear for life? Jesus fuck! This fat autistic fuck need to be cleansed from the earth.

I've said it before: there are going to be people assblasted over SC not being the game they wanted.

not to mention mercs need to eat too

if you can just carebear your way through the game who will hire protection?

>there are going to be people assblasted over SC not being the game they wanted
I don't think anybody expect otherwise apart from the most delusional dads.

Emergent gameplay is the key to success. You need to have your shit fucked up once to offer money to someone to protect you.

At least you understand. I bet if you bring this up to the forums they will cry and call you a troll bully pirate and want you to leave and report you.

>forgot the name
fug

>If it's used universally that means people want it

What a fucking retard. I don't want it, but you can sure as shit believe I would use it if I can essentially cheat and never have to deal with people.

in this case you are right.

I liked the "Antenna" on the right side of the old Herald design...

It's not so bad now

A year ago it was pure cancer but now most of the forum drones agree that carebear shit is bad for the game.

For real, why would I disadvantage myself when trading. I would use the fuck out of it, but it doesn't mean it would be a better game design decision on CIGs part.

Games are supposed to be challenging, I am sick and tired of all these games holding the players hands, I hope this vocal minority doesn't change design choices on StarCitizen, if they do I am going to have to start shitposting in their threads. Explaining to them why that is a bad choice.

Plaxinov

>if there was an I win button, everyone would use it, in fact people would race to try and use it first, and being that popular means it's a strong feature, that's just good game design.

surely these people must have seen the writing on the wall by now. Crusader, and the gamescom demo must have shown them that the verse is not meant to be a safe space, and any who complained will have heard CR tell them that this is exactly as he wanted it. I assume they'll have gotten their refunds or learned to live with it, though the few that are in too deep yet refuse to assimilate, they will be our white whales in /scg/.

top kek we need a list this kind of people

youtube.com/watch?v=BIxE9NqNsEQ

>disadvantage myself when trading

Not even trading. It reminds me of that PvP sliders faggot that shitposted here for a while. Imagine coming across some pirate outpost. It has become a hot PvP area because the pirates have some good shit to salvage, so players are fighting over it. You turn your slider or whatever bullshit to zero, fly in without dealing with any opposition (save for potentially NPCs) and take whatever the fuck you want.

That's not right, at all. I'm glad these people aren't designing the game because it would not be fun for anyone.

god damn, looks like everyone is a fat neckbeard or autist in SC?

Any cute girls out there?

It would end up like ED, right?

By grills you mean trannys with voice modulators.

>manlet bully
lel subtle

Essentially. But ED isn't an MMO, even if Frontier wants you to think it is. ED has a built in "single player" option. Something like this should never fly with a game that is essentially an MMO.

oh god can already see trannies setting up traps and luring virgins/white knights into outlaw space

They could get more creds by being lawful
Say in some sort of trap bar

>trannies setting up traps

Press 123 for hot gf

>beeing lawful and have a boring job, boring life
or
>pirate

"On guard men, we are in trap space, don't be fooled by these sirens. They have dicks bigger than ours. The gay butt pirates are out there waiting for us to fall for the traps and our booty will be theres."

BEST

theres a couple of qt3.14s out there but i cant remember the names right now

>buying gf

>haf the fanbase is german
>not treating the game like space euro truck simulator and begging chris for a fully interactive forklift to load/unload cargo

Yeah, gotta admit, Gladius-chan is kawaii

Aegis ships best ships

even the piece of shit retaliator and vanguard at least look good

>fully interactive forklift to load/unload cargo
Already planned, bro.

They're already working with the controller for farm simulator, just one step away if you think about it.

Now, if they include forklift races, the video game industry is finished

OP forgot the Subscribers pay gated content again.
mediafire.com/file/x2hvowlbweto5wd/Star Citizen Jump Point.rar
mediafire.com/file/6zdp6frd6522ue8/Subscribers Vault.rar

xth for muh best ship and wronge xd

Not disabling a qt3.141's ship. Boarding it, taking off your fedora space helmet and asking her to the prom only to get viciously friendzoned because she has a boyfriend already. He flys a black Vanguard for the UEE that mounts a M7A. She laughs at your little white Avenger Warlock with its pitiful Tigerstreik. That's okay, you'll laugh when you space her.

its what keep the tread alive
sadly

Neko-pillar, nyaa~

angle-coffee-R ?

Cant prove you wrong.

If you have 750 that you can blow on a ship (or have reserved in store credit), you might as well just get 500 more and get the Idris.

The Idris is better in every way, and if you would rather have the corvette over a frigate, you might be literally retarded.

so cute

I hope we can attach images on our ships like in Archeages ship sails

acute tea pi

The first thing I'm gonna add to my ship.

Ben confirmed that the Genesis "poops money". Who cares if it's mass transportation when you make good UEC.

>Ben

I really doubt the interior will be fleshed out, but I could see it in some set piece missions, probably as part of a fleet during a huge battle.

We'll probably see the fully realized version in episode 2.

no, only /scg/ has cute girls. you are a cute redhead aren't you user? boys, blondes and brunettes are not welcome here.

best ship right here

thats wronge xd

I could make a couple of Mega folders for this, that way non-subscribers won't have to download the entire rar each time.

One of these for me

Sorry senpai, a friend did it for me. She might make some more Kriegsmarine. Sorry, little Healthpack.

user you finally found and used the correct image

Probably a good idea to cut the Subscribers Vault content into different batches depending on what the pictures are about, and the Jump Point into years. I just wanted to get all that stuff out there since it really does make a difference in how you view what's going on at CIG, and it's stupid they're not available for everyone. It was the whole point of being a subscriber to get these things out to people at large, but instead a bunch of them threw bitch-fits and it ended up paywalled.

If you can make these things easier for most people to get a hold of, please do.

Do not be sorry.
You could put another one on another ship
that's what I intend to do. I'll probably be asked by my team to do a custom one though

>but instead a bunch of them threw bitch-fits and it ended up paywalled.
wait what happened?

Already uploading the Subscribers Vault stuff, I'll try to break it down into different categories but I don't want to have a shitload of subfolders either

Essentially, they put up a pay wall to begin with, people circumvented it to give the stuff to most people. CIG noticed and asked about it and most subscribers were yelling at the "leakers" that they were assholes/bitches and ruining everything because they wanted more people to see the content they were paying for. That shut down any talk of sending out copies to the masses.

The Subfolders are specifically because of the way the Subscribers Vault is set up. Each subfolder is another post. Having all of them in a single folder certainly won't help with organization.

how does subscriber stuff work nowadays? I only remember stuff like JPs being just a link that anyone can access

>after all their desired game ideas ruined E:D
Go figure

It's still stuff that anyone can access, but the links are weirdly numbered and categorized so that the only way you'd ever get to them are through links on the site or elsewhere. The Subscribers Vault in particular is set up so that only subscribers are ever getting the full look at the provided pictures.

In any case, I prefer having the .pdfs of the Jump Points on my computer, since there's occasionally the really weird "can't read the file" errors when you try to access it online.

So I have a glitch where my character has his pistol and some cylinder clipping to his hand in the spacesuit uniform. I have changed clothes and then changed back to the suit, I have withdrawn and put away my pistol, I have reinstalled all of Star citizen but it still happens.

Any suggestions for a fix? I am actually avoiding the game till it goes away, too distracting

Eh....maybe playing korean grindfest is pure masochism but maybe if it makes another game dev not make another ed everyone can win.

I need some ray of light and hope. Please dont vision me.

Still uploading, but that's the basic structure of the mediafire .rar files

mega.nz#F!3tpUlapR!knV_JazwxfM-xct6PJyPEw

Any suggestions?

I'm a bitching broken record; the dads nuking ship transfer has left me incredibly upset. Its inclusion would have enticed me to start playing the game again.

I remember reading it's one of the ships you serve on but maybe I'm imagining things.

Looks like MegaUpload is superior for downloading bits and parts of the whole. That'll definitely help get people actually able to view the stuff. Since it's basically in the same format I had it in, I don't have any suggestions to improve it or I would've done them myself. So all I can really say is "thanks for making it better."