Is it embarrassing to drive a Bentley?

To cut a long story short, I've recently sold a business for £4.3m (net of taxes) and I'd like to buy a nice car.

I can easily afford a nice new Continental GT, but I'm somewhat concerned about what people will think about it. Will I just look like someone who can't afford a Rolls Royce Wraith?

I can buy either (though obviously the Rolls would put a rather larger dent in my bank balance) and to be perfectly honest I personally prefer the look of the Bentley, but will people think I'm only a doctor or a lawyer or something if I do?

Cheers lads

Nobody fucking cares

>I'm somewhat concerned about what people will think about it.
Found the cuck

Are you dealing with clients face to face? If no, then nobody really gives a fuck what you drive. Supercars are an exception to this.

Bentley if you drive yourself

Rolly if you have a man to drive for you

An American shouldn't have to tell you these things.

It's a Bentley. People don't give a shit. They just see the badge and at most go 'Oh.' They're surprisingly common in the city near where I live and people give fucking Vespas more time than they do luxury cars.

Why dont you kill yourself

You wouldn't want to be driven in the Wraith, though.

The chauffeur drives the Bentley or Rolls Royce.

You'll look like a cunt driving either. Even the 2-door models. It's a trap for new money and oil barons.

>Will I just look like someone who can't afford a Rolls Royce Wraith
Normies don't know fuck about shit. Phantom, Wraith? It's a "Rolls", just as a BMW E36 M3 is "some old Beemer" and a new base model 3 Series is "a Beemer".

>I'm somewhat concerned about what people will think about it
Jealousy, I'd imagine. They'll likely say you're compensating, and that you could've fed so many starving African kids. Niggers and salty poorfags are likely to damage it because that's just how shit people function; if they can't afford it you've somehow wronged them.

Being a literal millionaire and still caring about how others judge you and feeling insecure? Maybe you should just stay inside all day.

I guess even with all that money you still can't buy taste.

I'm posting on Veeky Forums. When did I ever pretend to have taste?

In my experience, millionaires are much more insecure than regular middle-class folk. There are simply more expectations.

>Is it embarrassing to drive a Bentley?

No. Good on you, and enjoy it.

depends on where you are. If you're gonna be driving it around the poorer parts of philly, you'll look like a cunt no matter what expensive car you buy. If you're driving it around dubai, you'll look like a poor cunt. Get whatever you want, and if someone gives you shit about it they're either gonna be poor and jealous or way richer than you and cunts.

Pick your poison, you're gonna get shit from someone in the end. And showing off money is less about what you drive and more about how you carry yourself. Get a nice watch and some good clothes, and a bentley won't make you look more poor than someone else.

I live in Weybridge, Surrey (UK) (reasonably affluent suburb of London)

Sharia when?

You'll be fine mate. A bentley is by no extent a poor man's car. If you have a nice house, dress well, and aren't a cunt about it, people won't talk shit. If you play it up and pretend to be richer than you are, everyone will hate you. People tend to not talk too much shit about people who aren't cunts, and if someone is shittalking you behind your back for driving a bentley, the jokes on them. not the kind of people I'd like to hang around with.

fortunately they're quite rare around here; I did see one last week in a supermarket and I was quite nervous desu famalam

I actually didn't go down the same aisle as her (she was in the full batman getup) and so I left without papayas.

buy what you like. I'm obscenely rich and drive a skyline GTR to meetings. It's powerful as fuck, manual and I don't give a fuck.

This actually has a positive effect on clients, it shows them I don't need their money ( a surprising number are car guys themselves and recognise it, or the exhaust note gives away there's been a lot of work done to the car).

I could have gotten an aventador or a s class, but at the end of the day I got what I want. I suggest you do the same.

How old are you ? £4.3m ? You either a 50ish near 60 old fag.

If yes then it suits you well.

I'm 28, turning 29 in December. Feels bad, man.

The business was a niche enterprise SaaS company, by the way; nothing incredibly formal or hyper-competitive, so I'm not hanging around with investment banker types where everything is about who makes the most money. Most of my friends are mid-level programmers at Google and Oracle, so it's not a super competitive environment.

Damn nigga i would buy me a bentley too

I'm just saying, if I had 4.3 million Euro I'd buy a bunch of nice Imports and tune the hell out of them. Lunxury cars, even top tier luxury cars loose value fast as fuck. These cars don't lose value, but gain it. Plus they are way more fun.
>NSX
>3000GT
>Skyline
>Supra

>But I need to impress my clients
Cuck.

I never said I need to impress my clients; I don't even have clients anymore. Not for now, anyway.

In that case buy a 90s NSX brah

Shit's are rising in value fast as fuck

>I can easily afford a nice new Continental GT, but I'm somewhat concerned about what people will think about it.
If you're concerned about peoples opinions, but want a Bentley, get a Phaeton. However, you shouldn't give a damn.
>Will I just look like someone who can't afford a Rolls Royce Wraith?
No.

You obviously don't know much about cars, nor care much.
The mid-executive cars fit you right in
BMW 530xd, Mercedes E350cdi, Audi A7 3.0tdi ( or the 4.2tdi if you fancy yourself some power ), Jaguar XJ... Just pick one.

Don't do the mistake of the new money irresponsability.

Who even cares what the poor people will say about you ? Poor people complain no matter what, there is no pleasing everybody. Buy something that makes you happy.

You can't be a rich person, having poor friends.

>London
I'd get a muscle car instead. Like, proper American. Nobody can hate those - nobody can hate a Hellcat for example. I bet you they're rarer than Continentals anyways, and carry a lot less negative stigma.

Non-white douches with new money drive Bentleys.

If you're concerned about what people will think of you, get an S-Class. They're so ubiquitous, nobody thinks anything about them.

>Is it embarrassing to drive a Bentley?
fuck that
go for it
for the general public they're both expensive and fancy cars
also
>Don't do the mistake of the new money irresponsability.

I had same dilemma. In the end i went with Because i prefer e looks. Also RR is just 2 door 7 series and I didnt want rebranded 7 series. Id post some pics but my wife sold it and now im stuch with GLK Benz.

Not sure what happened with post, what I said is that i went with Bentley because i preder the looks.

Btw as this user sugested, S class is objectivly better than both, but if you are like me you wont care for that and will end up with Bentley, because Bentley!

>only a doctor
kill yourself, when you're on your death bed we'll see how much those millions matter. doctors are our most important people and guarantee they're much more important to society than you

this is a bait thread but i'll bite

I think it *just* scrapes on to the right side of the good taste|bad taste divide.

i would buy a C63 AMG or something equivalent for DD and an Aston Martin DB5 to stay classy.
Dude, you're english, you need to have this "inherent class" who go with rich english people.

You know what i mean, pic related.
Dress like that only.

fuck, second time i forgot the pic

Another stealth wealth thread?

>nobody can hate a Hellcat for example
This is what obnoxious American dudebro cunts actually think.

Is it embarrassing to project your unrealistic fantasies on a Lithuanian Faberge Egg Collector's Forum

Bank account or fake and gay

>Kids in Africa could have eaten that Bentley

>Weybridge
I've got a friend who lives there, their house backs onto the river and it's pretty nice.

Also, fake and gay unless you bring your car to the brit meet

New Bentleys are for people who want to look flashy and show off.

If you don't want constant attention wherever you go, don't buy a new Bentley.

Conti GTs are common enough in London that they don't get that much attention. Same goes for 997s and 991s.

>Buying a "nice car" based solely off how random strangers will judge you for owning it
>What if they don't think I'm rich enough to afford a more expensive car?
>What if they think I'm only a lawyer or doctor?

Why are you posting here, user?

Ahhh
The Bentley for plebs and blacks.

First of all, if you were smart you'd do this:

Buy a car that's a third of the price, and everything else you want, but modestly and conservatively, if you really want to satisfy your cravings.

Then, pay someone smarter and more knowledgable than you to invest your money, and make more money with your money. Once your richer, take a little bit out of the money you've made in a few years and thats when you can buy something a long the price of a CGT.

If you're asking for personal advice, I'd use the time to lurk this board and get a better feel for cars. Obviously most people here will idolize imports, and desu they are the new muscle car, meaning they appreciate obscenely fast. But you won't go wrong with something like an Audi or a BMW. Just an fyi, Bentley's get prohibitively expensive REAL quick, since all the electronics are fiber optic, and one single break in the fiber optic means the entire thing must replaced, which can easily exceed $100,00USD, likely more since you'll have to do the labor at a dealership. Just lease whatever super luxury car you want but don't ever buy anything that isn't the 90s NSX or a Ford GT, or lease buy something you might keep for 5-6 years like an Audi/BMW/Lexus etc.