Should I buy this car for $400?

Should I buy this car for $400?

1962 Plymouth Valiant

My mom's landlord currently owns it but my mom is moving soon and he wants to get the car off the property. It did belong to the previous tenant but he died a couple years ago. Previous tenant found it in some old ladies shed with about 50k miles on it, drove it here from out of state, and let it sit until he died, which is when my mom started renting the house. The title has been transferred to the landlord and is clean, the only issue is the current state of the car. It does not currently run so I will probably have to put a little work to get it running and the floor pans are pretty rusty but other than that the interior is perfect and the entire car is 100% stock.

pic related is car

Fuck yeah

thx just needed someone to back me up on my purchase

this is just a cool valiant i found and i like the painted bumpers

>asking for advice on a 400$ buy

How does it feel to be very poor?

If you have the time, money and patience to turn it in to something other than a pile of rust. Then, why didnt you buy it yesterday? Drop a three-fiddy in it.

I think he just wants to know if the car is going to be decent to restore to working order.

Never seen a black one.
Looks like a fucking Russian mafia mobile.

Cant be asking that. He surely knows that the car is going to need to be stripped down to the last bolt and be derusted. Hes buying a paint by the numbers canvas, which will be painted with blood, sweat and tears.

fix the rust
fix the engine
DD it

not a bad buy for 400, but try to haggle for 200 or 300

I have driven so many old cars that did just that and let me tell you something.

They are shit.

No, its takes more than just a paint job and an engine you pulled from your old ford Taurus. You have to go in an reconstruct the thing from the inside out. Unless you only want this thing to be driven once a year, at a parade, which feature horses just incase you need one to pull.

If it's rust free, and there are no title issues, go for it.

>Get it running
>Clear coat the "patina"
>Paint the wheels red and get some chrome moons
>Use mexican blankets to cover the seats
>Put some boomer price on it followed by "I know what I've got"

what i described is dumber than laymans terms

every single scrap of rubber will be perished, every bushing will be fucked, every hose unusable, everything will have broken down simply from age. Its a real long term project that requires dedication when owning an older car

ya i already know it would be a lot to restore im just wondering if it would be fun to drive after i get it running i already have a truck that i dd

I mean go ahead but don't expect to make money off it.

no

itl be horrible in nearly every sense of the word

Negro. You are over complicating it....most of that shit can be done in a couple weeks.

And yes i own a old vehicle that is breaky and i know what i am talking about.

You can also drive it while fixing cosmetic and minor mechanical issues.

Exactly. If you have the dedication and resources then you can recreate something amazing. i have driven some old cars that drove better than brand new cars. They are few and far inbetween because most people just put in new seats and give it a paint job and say, "Well thats all you can do, its shit because its old" And people get the impression that old cars were all rickety piles of shit. If they were, America would never have fallen in love the automobiles in the first place.

Mind showing us some pictures of the interior?

Worst thing about people who restore those old fords is they always try to keep it "original". Which means the original wheels that look fucking terrible.

t. Chip Foose

old cars are rickety pieces of shit

but theyre still faster and more comfortable than horses

America didnt fall in love with the auto tho

its a bs business that bribed the gvt to make people need cars to do anything

And this is exactly what I was talking about. Thanks for posing as the average pleb.

thanks for being some tryhard hipster fag

its lolable

You truly are good at this. But you can stop now, you made my point.

oh no problem

youre proving mine much better than Im proving yours

You already proved you have no idea what you are talking about with out my help. I cant take any credit.

and you came on as a tryhard hipster from your 1st post

not to mention you posted nothing but opinion while I posted facts

keep on making me lol

>facts

and then you get to the point where you are truly defeated and have to post images

gg still have 10 minutes to burn wish this wouldve lasted longer

I would have posted the post but it would have been exactly what was in the picture. You are truly laughable and just the average dumbass kid that doesn't know shit. Just like billions before you and billions after. Theres no point in adding anything to the conversation because until you growup and actually drive a proper oldie, you will remain ignorant to a fault. So just go drive your vtec and tell your self its the pinnacle of human engineering.

10/10 though, I got some good laughs of you.

could you faggots get out of my car thread

interior for mah niggas B^)

my previous "old cars" have been a '78 monte carlo and a '84 bronco

interior is in surprisingly good nic, but thats not the issue

Get underneath the car, and find any structural rust or chassis rail rust. Take photos of the engine and see what needs fixing and wile you're at it take more photos of the entire car and photos of the bushings in the suspension joint so we can query if they are usable or not

Fuck you, I love my baby moons.

interior is probably worth 400 alone