>will invest in AAA
>2.5k mile trip with stops
>will have all the my shit packed in the car

WILL I AND IT MAKE IT?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AzVPnIoFybY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There is absolutely no way to know

If doug can take an aston martin 1000 miles im sure youll be able to take that car on a 2500 trip lol

Depends, who do you vote for?

We don't need anymore cancer here in Ohio m8

Make America Great Again

doesanswer your question?
(op here)
my main board is /k/ so that should be enough in and of itself. fuck the laws in my state

Take it to a shop and ask them to check it out

May Kek bless your road trip fellow ohioan

Thats more miles than I drive in an entire year so probably not

I used to drive Georgia to San Diego and/or LA and back in a Honda Civic. It was fun. I would just go from one holiday inn to another. Loved the ones with the domes with indoor pools and bars. The hardest part of the trip was the first day out from San Diego. The desert is just brutal in the summer, and it basically rendered my ac useless. Actually got a suntan in my car through the windshield.

It's a 50/50 chance

Either it does or it doesn't.

when you did how many nights did yo spend in a holiday Inn? on average each trip?

>99 Camry
It'll make it

I have. overdue for a timing belt and coming up on a water pump replacement (all working fine as of now just regularly scheduled maintenance)
i badly need front tires and a detailing

>mechanic wants $900 for water pump & timing belt change
I go on Veeky Forums to learn because i'm not super knowledgeable on cars
but I feel this is a steep price, am i wrong?

also FORGOT TO MENTION
>I plan this trip to be around late October through early november, and to get there I'll have to go over the Rockey mountains and the Sierras.
my car does NOT have traction control.
I've never driven in the snow
how fucked am I?
is it really that dangerous?

>overdue for a timing belt and coming up on a water pump replacement (all working fine as of now just regularly scheduled maintenance)
>i badly need front tires
Get these things done

>I feel this is a steep price, am i wrong?
not sure desu

>I plan this trip to be around late October through early november, and to get there I'll have to go over the Rockey mountains and the Sierras
Sierras shouldnt be too bad but definitely get chains, the roads through Wyoming and the Rockies and whatnot get closed if its too bad to be driving in. Its all about comfort too, I was terrified driving through a rainstorm in Wyoming but less so when I saw a biker on a harley going 70+ no problem

It depended on how much time I had.I have friends in Phoenix, so I'd stay with them the first night. 2nd night, usually New Mexico somewhere. 3rd night midlands, tx. 4th night Dallas. I love Dallas, so sometimes I'd stay 2 nights there. 5th night Jackson, Mississippi.
If I was in a hurry I could cut it down to like 3 1/2 to 4 days. But jesus that starts to suck. I had like 2 flat tires total in all my trips. No other problems really.

Oh yeah, got my wallet stolen in roswell, NM right outside the UFO museum. Some fucker just picked my pocket, took all my cash, then turned the wallet into the police station around the corner. The whole process took like 15 minutes.Heh heh, I felt like a retard.

you will not fit in living in columbus

all modern cities are liberal
that being said it is nice

not nicer than San Diego, but DEFINITELY cheaper!

anyone have any more advice for the trip?
i hear keeping extra coolant and oil is good

Get it a new fuel pump if that hasn't been replaced at least once or better twice in the car's lifetime, and check the suspension for integrity.

Also fuck trump.

Power steering fluid too. Take a funnel so you don't make a mess. Engine and cabin air filters and a fresh oil change are a good idea as well.

youtu.be/AzVPnIoFybY

You might not like scotty but this video is good advice regardless.

Take a spare tire

Check air pressure in your tires frequently, change air filter before trip, maybe have an alignment before you go. After a drive check the temp of your brakes to make sure you don't have a hung up caliper

If it breaks down just buy another POS for $500

Can you do it yourself? Oh, you can't? Then no faggot, it's not too steep.

Yes, timing belt and water pump are crucial. No timing belt means engine goes kaput, and no water pump means overheating and kaput. Trust me, it's happened to me before.

$900 for both isn't too bad imo, but the water pump is easy to do on your vehicle. Shouldn't cost any more than $200 in parts and labor if you do it yourself. Timing belt should be done by professionals if you don't know what you're doing.

Don't worry about the snow. Just drive a little slower than usual, they'll see you're from California and pass you while calling you a fag but it's okay because you're being safe in foreign conditions.

bump

No it won't. It's going to blow up exactly 732.8 miles into the trip.

keep posted I'll post results of trip when it happens. save the thread

>>mechanic wants $900 for water pump & timing belt change

absolute madman prices. The parts are literally >$100. If you are somewhat competent you could do that by your self, or with a friend who knows about changing a timing belt.

You most certainly will, if you take a bus

NO i looked into it parts are like $230

OP why are you moving from a good state to a bad state?
>muhhh guns
train in martial arts instead
>muhhh emissions
keep your old exhaust and "smog-legal" parts to swap when it's time for your car to get smogged; but you drive a camry so chances are you do not give two shits about cars

You might want to invest in a roof rack in case your stuff does not all fit in the trunk/seats

>1990s toyota anything
>any milage
>any condition

Yeah you'll be fine user.

I honestly don't believe that a timing belt a tensioner and a water pump would cost $230. Especially for such a common car

Toyota Canary is most reliable bro what are you asking

**Camry

my bad
v6 timing belt & tensioner parts:
>$157.95
water pump:
>$40ish

>not flexfuel

why does it matter?