Is Lincoln still considered a luxusury car in USA? Those new ones looks like fuckin shit...

Is Lincoln still considered a luxusury car in USA? Those new ones looks like fuckin shit. Why would anybody buy a ford focus with ugly grill on that price? Is that true lincoln is a dying brand?

Other urls found in this thread:

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-technology/a28036/what-tuners-need-to-know-about-the-2017-ford-focus-rs/
corvettec7fiasco.blogspot.com/2015/10/2016-cadillac-cts-v-inherits.html?m=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Its shit tier nowadays. Town car was the last good car from them. The new navigator only comes with a v6 for a full size suv.

some fords have similar interiors to Lincoln ones, so I'd say it's pretty dead.

Lincolns are like shit tier luxury. Think Lexus ES or Mercedes CLA, but even shittier

so... Acura?

They're shitty excuses for luxury cars because they're just started up Ford's. Nothing about a Lincoln is unique unlike Cadillac, Ford's been promising a sedan off the mustang platform, but I doubt that'll ever come to fruition

Worse

>Ford's been promising a sedan off the mustang platform
Lincoln Falcon?

>luxusury

Well played user

I dunno what they called it, I just know they've been tossing around the idea ever since they brought out the new Mustang

>luxusury

Lel, I thought it was a typo at first.

I looked at new lincolns. They're more expensive than cadillacs, and they got less options, shittier looks, crappier interior, and all the goddamn things are fwd. Motherfuckers are smoking crack if they think i'm going to pay more for a way shittier product.

I'm sure they still sell like hotcakes though, with old morons buying them without looking at any other brand because they just assume they're the best american made luxury car.

I work in the limousine industry and we still use plenty of Lincoln limousines but all of our sedans and SUVs are either Cadillac STS/Chevy Suburban now. We have some Mercedes sedans as well. All the lincoln towncars we once had have been removed from the fleet. Too expensive and the competition got too good

A new Lincoln LS would be 10x cooler than the new Continental AKA $80k Fusion

ANY RWD Lincoln would be 100X cooler than the regurgitated shit they've been putting out

The Continental is AWD.

>80k
[citation needed]

FWD biased AWD, I don't give a fuck if it's from the Focus RS, cause that's worse due to the issue with the system not even engaging the rear wheels under stress

Come back with a proper RWD platform like every other respectable luxury marque, I mean fuck even the Genesis is RWD, Lincoln needs to get it's shit together

AWD>RWD

And it doesn't have a problem with the rear wheels engaging. Stop making up bullshit.

>No problem with rear diffs

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-technology/a28036/what-tuners-need-to-know-about-the-2017-ford-focus-rs/

>Here's what happened: I put the car into Drift Mode and was forcing it to slide from one corner to the next in thirdand fourthgear.After a few laps,something started whining in the back of the car as I slid through the apexes. A few corners later the sound was gone . . . along with my all-wheel drive. The rear differential had suddenly just stopped working. The car was much better in front-wheel drive than I expected, but there was a lot of wheel spin exiting the corners while aggressively putting power down.

>I jumped in a new car, switched back to Track Mode, and never had another problem. Ford told us the AWD system comes with built-in thermal safeguards to prevent damage to the driveline, and I'm willing to bet I overheated something by driving the car too aggressively. At least the car was smart enough to turn off the rear diff to prevent any damage. Again, it's important to note that I was driving the RShard. We spent hours drifting the cars in circles at lower speed and never had an issue.

>Part of the point of the thermal safeguards is to ensure the clutches in the rear differential are "lifetime" parts. When you overdrive the car,it remembers and assigns a value to your punishment. When the points add up high enough, the car tells you to change the differential fluid. There is a cooler for the front Power Distribution Unit, so maybe Ford will offer a rear-differential cooler through their Performance Parts catalog,so you can drift so you can drift for hours without having to worry about the rear diff

Also, rear-biased AWD>RWD>shit fwd biased AWD>fwd

The focus RS isn't the Lincoln Continental. They only had a 35k budget to make the car. Your point is invalid.

My point is even more valid in the fact that it's considerably heavier than the RS and if anyone thinks about putting their foot into, they won't have to drift it to get it to overheat, it's a shit system and Ford should own upto how shit it is and just make a fucking RWD platform specifically for Lincoln unless they just plan on shuddering the brand all together

>"Again, it's important to note that I was driving the RShard. We spent hours drifting the cars in circles at lower speed and never had an issue."
The car has no problem in every day driving and will only overheat when tracked for extended periods of time. Nobody is going to overheat the car when they're "putting their foot into it".

Also, learn how to write. That entire post was a run on sentence.

See

The entire post was copypasta from the link provided, not my fault blame the website, and yes it wont overheat in normal driving, but that's the RS which weighs about 3600 lbs, the Continental will weigh over 4300 lbs which will provide more stress on the drive line, especially if they use the same diff

Also I'm not surprised you didn't mention where the author hoped Ford would have common sense and fix the issue by using a cooler for the rear diff similar to the one used in the front

>the Continental will weigh over 4300 lbs
[citation needed]

>which will provide more stress to the driveline
Okay? They'll make changes to the system.

>"Also I'm not surprised you didn't mention where the author hoped Ford would have common sense and fix the issue by using a cooler for the rear diff similar to the one used in the front"
The car hasn't even been out for a year. They'll probably fix it on the next model year.

>literally just admitting the problem is a cooling issue with extended track periods

Great, so we've established the system is great. Glad we're on the same page.

No one established the system is great, shill. It obviously isn't "great" if it can't take the abuse, I mean fuck Quaife has been making differentials for years and they don't fuck up, you'd think your employer could actually spend money where it counts instead of correct the record fags like yourself

It is great, you're just shitposting at this point.

ford is a drying brand.

just go korean
kia/hyundai

>it's shitposting to point out that a multi-billion dollar automotive company that's been around for over 100 years can't do what a smaller company has been doing for about 30

OK shill

Yea and the ZO6 is a piece of shit because it had overheating problems early on.

Ford will fix the problem. The car isn't a year old.

Yeah, we'll see, highly doubtful though and they'll probably pull an Nvidia and call it a feature

>any car with overheating problems early on is bad
That makes the CTSV a piece of shit since it has problems with extended track periods too. Also the Z06 using your logic of course.

The ZO6 is shit, they still haven't fixed it

And Cadillac hasn't fixed the problems with the CTS-V overheating. I guess we'll add the 2017 Camaro ZL1 on that list since it has the LT4 too.

corvettec7fiasco.blogspot.com/2015/10/2016-cadillac-cts-v-inherits.html?m=1

Except the ZL-1 hasn't shown any issues, but the first time it does I'll admit it's a piece of shit as well

>makes assumptions about a lincoln that isn't out yet and hasn't shown any issues
>no! don't use the same logic on the camaro!
Nice double standard.

Keep up the shilling, not sure why you're defending an already obsolete piece of shit before it's released on a Singaporean Caning board, Veeky Forums is full of poorfags

The new continental looks awesome OP. If the build quality is actually good, then I will excuse the FWD.

>It's looks great OP I love lincoln they're really doing it I can overlook it's worthlessness and cheap Taurus chassis. How about you anons?