Insurance Monitors Hacked

wtf, why would anyone use these

Other urls found in this thread:

dot.ca.gov/road_charge/news/
theblaze.com/stories/2014/06/13/the-idea-that-wont-die-how-taxing-cars-by-the-mile-is-back-on-the-agenda-again/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Koscher
Jew.
Also most cars can be hacked, especially the MyOnLinkStarFordTouchLTE-WIFI ones

They offer discounts to use them. If you really want to rage the government has proposed using trackers to tax people based on how much they drive their cars.

What I wanna know is what happened to Keanu?

>tax people based on how much they drive their cars
like taxing gasoline?

>They offer discounts to use them
almost all of the users of these have reported either no discounts or increased rates

Cars are getting more efficient and some don't use gas at all anymore. Dumb fucks actually volunteer for this.

dot.ca.gov/road_charge/news/

who would volunteer for that, what is the benefit of it?

>fat neckbeard with a thinkpad
>probably running some linux distro
>definitely posts on /g/

It's a good idea, might encourage more public transportation and raise its efficiency so we aren't stuck with transit systems stuck 50 years behind.

Its so ridiculous seeing 1 person in every car during rush hour unless your out in the country or or require it for your work.

WTF is an "insurance tracker dongle"?

>insurance offers tracker device full of sensors to be placed in your car, with the possibility that good driving habits can reduce your rates
>every pothole, red light camera, and asshole who cuts you off increases your rates
>people catch on, the program is all but dead

>They offer discounts to use them.

I was apart of Progressive's Snapshot program. Rates sky rocketed after piling on the brakes to avoid an accident because of someone in front of me.

I did see a $14 decrease before that happened though.

I have one in my car. Insurance says it won't raise my rate only help it by tracking how hard I break and accelerate. I fucked up after a day by hitting 128 multiple times I might as well just send it back.

Got 15% more off by doing it.

>that balding caveman looking fuck

literally /g/.

funny how /g/ wants to talk about freedom more than most boards, yet they are most likely to ride the bus

Vehicles are literally too masculine for them. Its always a good laugh popping into Tesla threads posted there and reading all the stupid shit posted

>>tax people based on how much they drive their cars
>like taxing gasoline?

Oh they’ll still tax gasoline, the milage tax will be _in addition_ to that…

There already was a test program run in Oregon(?) several years back.

theblaze.com/stories/2014/06/13/the-idea-that-wont-die-how-taxing-cars-by-the-mile-is-back-on-the-agenda-again/
Jun. 13, 2014

The Idea That Won’t Die: How Taxing Cars by the Mile is Back on the Agenda Again

The Congressional Budget Office released a report this week that once again raises the idea of taxing drivers based on how far they drive, in order to generate more revenue for federal highway programs.

One option for raising money, the report said, its to create a “mileage-based user fee to raise revenues.” The report seemed to defend this option, by saying it “could lead to more efficient use of the transportation system.”

CBO imagines collecting the tax by fitting each car with a device that tracks how far the car has gone. That data could be read electronically whenever someone uses a toll or stops at a service station for gas.

While CBO admits there are some privacy issues involved, it suggested that the electronic devices would be used to generate information that is only collected by a private entity, not the government, for the purpose of calculating mileage taxes.

The Obama administration seems to like this idea. Back in 2011, the Department of Transportation drew up legislation that would have set up group to study a VMT system, and then start field testing that system after a few ears. The bill provided $300 million for the project.

bullshit, they spelled Kosher wrong.

They can't even into Jew.

I'm pretty sure there were Chevy or Ford head units with internet connectivity that could be hacked to the point where you could start the car remotely. I think it was fixed, though. Either way, why would you even want internet in your car.

>I'm a wage slave cuck that has to sit. In rush hour
>everyone else should pay for my mistakes