Why don't millennials like cool cars?

Why don't millennials like cool cars?

Why don't boomers just fucking die already?

because we're poor and have to go by what's cheap on the used market

But they do.

This. Once you understand this, the entirety of Veeky Forums begins to make a lot more sense. I could never figure out why everyone in the /dbt/ threads was always so obsessed with 125/250 piles of shit until someone made me aware of the fact that half of the posters are poor europeans with license restrictions

>no aerodynamic styling
>asymmetric front/rear tires
>live rear axle

Just stop taking your meds already and leave us in peace

Sorry, I guess this is more your taste right?

This is true as well. Shitboxes have the charm of the underdog. It's why the 86 is as popular as it is; it was one of the last RWD shitboxes.

>Doof wagon

You fucking know it

But I do like that, but what was affordable for me was an 89 mustang.

>use and destroy cars as teens like they're nothing
>destroy cars through Cash for Clunkers
>don't take care of cars they have and rust away
>super inflate nice examples because they hire builder shops to do everything
>damn Millennials just don't appreciate the good ole' days!

Their brains have been rotted with millennial nonsense. Women are just as strong as men. The races are all equal, Fwd is just as good as rwd. Fat people are just as healthy as thin people.

They're literally trained to ignore facts and have opinions based on feelings.

Their car is a soulless fwd appliance but it's THEIR car and everything milennials do is wonderful so fwd automatics are wonderful too.

B8.8/8

you must be fun at parties.

i agree with all of it
except the fwd part why would you not want the wheels under the heavy end instead of needing spoilers

Millennials detected. Great rebuttals guys, no really they're great. Everything you do and everything you like is great. Anyone who criticizes you is a bigot and probably a racist.

Don't try to roll me fuckface.

Older muscle cars honestly look awful.

Also all of them are automatics.

Sorry senpai.

Don't worry, foxbody bro, I've got an '88. We're faster for cheaper and get to choose our own style rather than the "hinga dinga dinga dinga" of old.

road bikes are much more practical and affordable for the eternal college student millennial

Too bad old americlap shitboxes are literal fucking shit OP

Tires having to deal with accelerating, most of the braking and steering don't hold traction.

>"Demographers and researchers typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and use the mid-1990s to the early 2000s as final birth years for the Millennial Generation."
Pretty much 90% of the users on this website are Millennials, most likely including you. Get off your fucking high horse mate, I like muscle cars as much as the next guy but I don't get some sort of superiority complex because of it.

I'm a millennial who owns and actively drives an F body. I frequent shows and I love talking to other people who are into it because soon, there won't be any left who lived through when these Cara were new. I hate that tag "millennial" too, I'm no born in le wrong generation fag but I am damn jealous of a lot of things in the 70s that I will never get to see and will never, ever happen again. Life is finite, and time goes by fast especially here in the automotive world, and I have a lot of respect for those who helped build the world I get to live in today. We are here, I have one friend who looks to buy a 1970 El Camino and another friend who owns a 1971 charger, I own a 2ND gen firebird, another one of my friends has restored 2 Chevy square bodies, and another friend owns a 3rd gen firebird. I respect Japanese cars and I love them for what they are (I want to get a z31 soon actually) but American is just more my taste.

Millennials don't know nor car about cars.
Case in point

I'm a 70's kid and I don't even like muscle cars. Just pointing out that millennial brains are all fucked up by political correctness.

You're only proving my point by calling me a bigot for justly criticizing you. You're not the problem, everyone else is.

because they haven't grown up yet stupid

2/10
Made me reply

Because most people from any era preferred to drive cars from that era. Style takes a back seat to safety an innovation.

>What is the 86 of the millenial generation and why is it the Miata?

a 2011 mustang gt had a live rear axle and it could compete with an m3.

Miata isn't a shitbox though, it's a purpose built roadster. The 86 was different because it was just a Corolla with a fastback and two doors. The CRX is much closer.

>he doesn't like based 70's wangan

honestly this is more my style, but
get you and your shit taste outta here

When the boomers die, will vintage car prices drop down at least slightly?

At least 50% of the ones I see on the road today I'd consider a shitbox, but anyway

the point is the 86 became legendary because it was an easily modifiable/wrenchable RWD platform jap kids could afford to buy cheaply and modify, then run the fuck out of the toegay

is this not what the Miata is to kids these days?

>asymmetric front/rear tires
>live rear axle

kek your such a faggot

>pic related has live rear axle

Miatas are still decently expensive compared to shit like old Civics or even Imprezas, which are just as moddable with their lego-like engine swaps. And they're roadsters, more meant for pleasant drives on sunny days rather than touge tearing.

Also because Tsuchiya said it was good

>why is it the Miata
Because cheap FR is hard to come by in the States. Much easier in Australia, and the retarded "hoon" and P-plate laws have failed to stamp the culture out entirely.

The problem in the States seems to be that everything is tainted by the JAYY DEE EEMM TYTE BRO crowd, and if someone does something cool like illegally importing a JZX100 and swapping the plates with a Camry, someone else will report him out of jealousy.

No. The ae86 had one other important attribute: It's a practical car.

The miata is not the kind of car a young jap gets as their only car because it's useless for anything except attracting homosexuals and conefagging.

Being poor has nothing to do with it, at least in America...

The high school I graduated from was full of all super rich kids. The average family probably brought home annually more than the combined incomes of this board

Maybe 10-15 kids actually cared about cars/driving, having "performance oriented" cars while the other 2,000 drove high priced CUVs, SUVs, or bro dozers. All the girls drove either a Q3, GLK, GLA, X3, X5, etc. The guys drove lifted F-150s, Rams, and Chevy with full light bars/winches.

It was really sad since all of them said they just don't care about driving since its "boring". They used their vehicles as status symbols instead

>They used their vehicles as status symbols instead
This. Everything nowadays is bought for status, because throwing money at something is the easiest way to make yourself stand out.

>gets mad when someone else is not a cuck
>thinks they want to roll with him

nope, the supply will plummet because Boomers' dumbass grandkids inherited Papa's car and immediately scrapped it because it was "old and dangerous and didnt have a backup camera".

this rustles me

this is not true.

how many original owners of a duesenberg or 32 ford or 49 merc still drive and buy those cars? because those haven't been getting any cheaper since the original generation stopped buying them.

FUCK YOURE RIGHT

Millennials are tasteless pieces of shit but they don't get rid of anything without looking up the value first. They're very aware that certain old things are worth money.

Unfortunately they don't understand WHY they're valuable so they collect tons of crap that they think is going to be worth as much as 1970's star wars merch some day.

Because all we can afford are FWD shitboxes. Why else do you think Veeky Forums's advice is always "stfu and buy a Civic"?

>not having a RWD boomermobile and a fwd luxobarge
cukt

You're all living with your damn parents so you've actually got more disposable income than past generations. Unless you were stupid enough to go into 50k debt for that gender studies degree, which frankly wouldn't surprise me.

>RWD boombermobile
>FWD luxobarge
top cuck

>implying

I'm a millennial, and I like "cool cars". of course however, good luck finding any of the ones from the 50's and 60's for a reasonable price. And forget about musclecars even well into the 70's. Boomers have overpriced them to the point that they will probably never be affordable.

even going tinto the 80's or 90's, many desirable cool cars are either overpriced, or just cant be had on a budget unless they are in shit condition.

Also depends where you live.

trying to find a mid-late 1980's Trans Am in NY for under 4K is a pain in the ass because I live in Staten Island, and without a car, its impossible to get to where most of them might be, which is in long island or further up city, and to get it back to my place would be another headache.

So i got a 2003 grand marquis because I wanted a V8 landbarge and that felt like the right one to get since it's relatively newer, while still being a landbarge. I had my eye on a decent condition 80's Town Car, but the guy wanted 4k solid for it and no panther is worth 4k.

Its hard to be a millennial into cool cars, because all the existing cool cars are old and overpriced, and nobody makes cool cars anymore so those are your only options unless you buy into pigfat and angry headlights. (and thats expensive too. 30k isnt cheap for a millennial. long gone are the days when you could buy a sportscar by working mcdonalds over the summer.

>pos honda
>luxury
roflmao,

also,
>putting shitty zippo in the photo for no reason
double roflmao attention whore tripfaggot

Good for you.

>so you've actually got more disposable income than past generations
That is the funniest thing I've heard all week. We don't have disposable income worth dick. If we did, we wouldn't be driving the FWD shitboxes that we do.

>Unless you were stupid enough to go into 50k debt for that
Even going for good degrees you can easily get into that much debt and still have nothing to show for it. It honestly amazes me when I see two people my age getting married out of college when neither have a well paying job but both are tens of thousands of dollars in debt from school.

never. boomers set the bar for the aftermarket price. And so anyone who buys one of those cars from a boomer, regardless of age, "knows what they got." they are considered collectible, and therefore will always be expensive. after all, it's not like Barret Jackson will cease to exist once the last boomer's died.

only way prices could even remotely come down is if say, ford decided to start making vintage 69 mustangs again, and then the value of the originals would plummet because they wouldnt be rare anymore. theyd just be old.

but that isnt gonna happen anytime soon.

>50 years from now 2070 gen will look back at us and think we were cool just for being able to own a car
The future is dark my friends

>implying they wont look back on this dangerous unsafe era full of cars without rails that ACTUALLY function based on an internal combustion engine while they sit in their big media bubble plugged into facenet that goes on the government maintained rail from their home to their job

>disposable income
the fact you think millenials have any income leads me to believe you live under a rock in your mothers basement.
have you ever tried finding employment? you can't compete without a college degree. or even a labor job because fighting age males spewing over the border. and into the daughters of boomers.

>We don't have disposable income worth dick.

Of course you do. Millennials mooch off their parents and waste all their money on shit they don't need. I didn't have disposable income because I had rent and bills to pay. What's your excuse? I had to drive a rusted

>muh boomers

Boomers didn't fuck everything up, You progressive little shits did. You whine there aren't any jobs while wanting more women and immigrants in the workforce and cutting manufacturers balls off with your climate change nonsense.

To all those saying its impossible to buy antique muscle cars as a young millennial: it isn't. You just need to be patient, save your money, and know where to look. I just bought a 1976 Ford Mustang II (inb4 haters) on a McDonald's paycheck. I just turned 18 and already own another daily driver. If I can do it, you probably can too. Just keep an eye out and save as much as possible.

Side note: I live with my mom, so my only true expenses are tuition and driver's/car insurance.

>I had to walk 15 miles through the snow uphill to get to school
Stereotypes exist for a reason. You are that reason.

thats not terribly hard considering the Mustang ll is generally despised, so boomers havent overpriced it too terribly.

Good point, but the lack of interest does make them rather rare.

>millennials are such entitled assholes that having to pay rent and bills is the new 15 miles to school.

>Millennials mooch off their parents and waste all their money on shit they don't need. I didn't have disposable income because I had rent and bills to pay
Really? Wow! So do I you fucking moron.
>What's your excuse? I had to drive a rusted
A rusted out hunk of junk? Guess what? So. Do. I.

>Boomers didn't fuck everything up, You progressive little shits did.
>You whine there aren't any jobs while wanting more women and immigrants in the workforce and cutting manufacturers balls off with your climate change nonsense.
Right, the youngest people with no power in the workplace or government fucked everything up. That makes total sense. Totally couldn't be Gen X or Gen Y. Has to be the 20 year old millennials.

My dad is 65 years old. You know what he told me yesterday over the phone? His generation should be fucking ashamed for what it did to America. He thinks the Boomers are at fault and he is one. Why don't you? Because you're an angsty shit that whose generation was forgotten? Fuck off you're no better than a nigger.

>RENT
lol what are you a fucking millennial

>Boomers didn't fuck everything up, You progressive little shits did
I think you are forgetting just who the progressive shits are.

last I remember, most of the house democrats, and the current nominee, are boomers.

Remember: you were the hippy generation. And for the past 8-16 years, youve been in control of the country. and now, all of the former hippies are reliving their activist glory days, pushing their leftism on America.

Millennials and Gen X are only as bad as their parents. And guess who those are?

>Totally couldn't be Gen X or Gen Y. Has to be the 20 year old millennials.
Gen Y are millennials, you retard.

also gen X still doesnt quite have as much power as you think it does. The country is still run by Boomers. gen X is only starting to enter positions of power.

Hold up, it's not the Boomer's fault. That's how they were raised. It was the teenager marketing system of the 50s-60s. The 'greatest generation' ducked up their kids, who fucked up everyone else's.

>Right, the youngest people with no power in the workplace or government fucked everything up
>no power

You fuckwits have more power than any generation before you. Social media makes you annoying little cunts impossible to avoid and everyone has to put up with your progressive shit, If you cared as much about jobs as gay rights, women firefighters and defending illegal immigration you wouldn't have a fucking problem.

But noo, you only care about stupid shit that doesn't matter.

OP What do you mean?

Half of us can barely afford something from this century, and the other half of us are buying WRXs, civic si's (old and new) and 86s.

>salty old boomer is upset he still has to pay rent
Kek.

>confusing millenials with lefty jews

>work 64 hours a week to make bills
>this buys me a single bedroom in a 3 bedroom house

>people used to support a family of four with a single income

things are looking up

>confusing millenials with lefty jews

They're pretty much the same thing. A communist jew running for president would have been unthinkable in my day but here we are thanks to dipshit millennials.

>morons in this thread blaming generations for economic collapse

Yeah couldn't have been the already identified banking institutions that defrauded Wall-street out of trillions of dollars for the last few decades.

is that supposed to be cool?

that looks like a lame shitbox that no one under 50 would find appealing

> He thinks millennials are the ones holding the reins right now

I like classic cars, but fucking boomers made them too expensive.

>guys why doesn't anyone like my cube
>I'm gonna blame it on the youngsters!

At least post a good and also fast muscle car.

most muscle cars look so fucking bad, holy shit

>millennial nonsense

sure thing, gramps

>Miata
>Affordable
Canada laughs at you
>red, automatic NA
>8,600

>Blue, manual NA
>7500

>yellow, manual NA
>RARE COLOR RARE COLOR RARE COLOR
>12,500

I will not buy an 10 years old used car at 70% of the new car price.
Everybody inflated the prices so bad that you might aswell just buy new. Some people sell their used cars for more than the price of a new one.
Fucking pretentious old farts that feel entitled to anything. What should I respect about you ? The fact that you made it to 50 ?

and pic related are my two rusty girls

Boomers priced them out of the 'normal' market

they should be selling for 5000-15000 like everything else but retards will pay 50000-1500000 for a shelby with a 350 in it

So i get 90's crap boxes for nothing and do them up

gen z will say the same about us and gen x as well

The cycle continues

hence why 1990's cars are getting super popular and going up in value compared to 2002-2013 junk

You keep saying there are boomers in this thread
last of the boomers where born in 64
I dout there is anyone over 50 in this thread

I don't mean to say you are wrong, but I have never even heard of someone with an actually new car and under 25yo, if not for the rare hybrid or really small and inexpensive ones.

It is really about money, maybe not for everyone, but it is.

How does it feel to be wrong and retarded? Yes im asking you

cant afford it anyway
and on top of that is boring even on a vicarious level
not often do I double take at the sight of a American barge
that said I do like the pontiac firebird and gto

A pig in lipstick is still a pig.

Honda with a fancier interior. Like 90s and early 2000s Lexus was rebadged JDM-tyte Altezzas, Aristos, and the whole early ES series/Camry thing.

This thing was just a Honda everywhere else. And the front didn't look so awful.

Boomers didnt design, or build those cars, their parents did.
All the "cool" boomers were driving pic related with the same grotesque paintjob.

I don't feel the need for them to have a luxury brand
I like surprise when a honda rafaga turns out to be comfy and fast

Makes me rage pretty hard desu senpai

Pic related, my car.

Backdraft racing shelby cobra

I've yet to hear one complain about getting to ride in mine, gramps.

The only cool cars are Japanese