Traffic Ticket

Just got a speeding ticket in DE for doing 108 in the 65.......how fucked am i?

Other urls found in this thread:

dmv.de.gov/services/driver_services/drivers_license/dr_lic_violation.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shouldn't have been speeding, you humongous faggot.

pretty fucked.

I bet your from Maryland on the way to Rehoboth because your a massive faggot and want to take dicks by the sea

Get a lawyer and you won't get shit. Your just gonna be out of money. I've dodged 30 points but I've been out 5k.

>pic
I'm sorry officer I can't read barcode

better get the lube

it was an open highway and i was late to work. fuck you.

incorrect. I am from Jersey and i was going to work.

Is losing 5k really better than the penalties + increase in insurance?

Still a fag tho, lmao kys

say hi to frosty for me

> Personal problem
> somehow justifies speeding
Yeah buddy that's not how it works. You can't break the law just beca-
> Jersey
Oh wait that explains it

>for doing 108 in the 65
fug you're stupid bruh

Did not ask for any lecture. I don't feel bad in the slightest and I would do it again if I knew I wasn't going to be caught. It was a completely open road and no one was in danger except myself.

Stop being a huge faggot. People buy nice cars to drive fast and not everyone has time/money/desire to do that on a track. All i want to know is -- how fucked am I?

>All i want to know is -- how fucked am I?
pretty fucked considering you're full blown retarded

Your license is kill

Say goodbye to your driving privileges

> That whole first paragraph
Yup you're from Jersey alright.
You'll pay a fine and your insurance might go up a bit. Unless you're totally broke it won't be nothing you can't pay off

Not the smartest decision, agreed -- especially since I drive this road every day and I've seen cops on it numerous times. I didn't see the unmarked chevy suburban in the crowd of cars I passed. Radar detector doesn't go off all the time for lasers, and when it does go off for lasers, it's too late.

Is that a definite?

I know it is in my state. Idk about jeresy tho

Better pray that it is a hefty fine and not your drivers license

>I didn't see the unmarked chevy suburban in the crowd of cars I passed.
so it wasn't a completely open road then lmao

what exactly do you think would happen if you were late to work? They'd chop your balls off? It's not a big deal unless you're a total faggot who shows up late all the time

You'll be lucky if you keep your license, not really but you might have to do weekends in the pokey

Adding to my post. This is for Cali

>Going over 100 mph is an infraction (Veh C 22358(b)). You cannot go to jail. It is not reckless driving. A court appearance is mandatory. The scheduled and usual fine is about $880 (although the maximum fine, including assessments, is over $2,000). The judge can suspend your drivers license for up to 30 days. Traffic school is not available for this charge, and it is 2 points with DMV (the same as DUI). Your best outcome is usually a reduction to simple speeding, which is 1 point and a fine of about $480. Due to the severity of the punishment, some people hire an attorney in these cases, but since it is an infraction if you cannot afford to pay a lawyer you are not entitled to appointed counsel.

Lawyer up of he wrote it out for 108 in a 65.

I'm surprised you didn't get arrested for endangerment

I passed the crowd at probably 75 (which does not get you pulled over here)...then proceeded to open the taps

$2k is doable, its the insurance i'm worried about if that's the case...losing license for 30 days is bad but also doable...any longer and i'll have to bite the bullet but it will suck hard

You must be over the age of 18 to post on Veeky Forums

Really? Was not disrespectful in the slightest -- cop even said if I bring my 5 year driving record he would work with me in court...all i have on there is leaving a car parked in the highway or something (it was because I jersey-rolled a stop sign and the prosecutor bumped it down to a non-moving violation)

i am indeed

>he would work with me in court

That's a ruse, he won't work with you, I would know cause I almost got rolled by a statue who said the same shit to me

Considering how stingy Cali is when it comes to driving, I'd expect Jersey to be a little more lenient. I just read their laws on this and it said expect a hefty fine, possible suspension of license (not indefinite) and possibly points on your license.

So you're not completely screwed

*statie

It's statute*

This was in Delaware...i'm just from Jersey. But yea, what I read online says mandatory loss of license IF CONVICTED...Should I expect the cop to work with me and bump it down so I don't lose my license or lawyer up?

No dipshit, statie as in State Trooper, fucking Christ are you stupid
No wonder you said $2k is nothing considering your fucking parents are more than likely paying for it

I see. I'd say get a lawyer just in case otherwise go with your gut.

>Americucks getting into serious trouble for driving a little faster than allowed
Freedom my ass, lol.

>i was late to work

What job do you work where being on time is so crucial to the functioning of society that you need to drive 108mph?

108 in a 65 is in MILES PER HOUR, not your gay clicks

most likely he's a piece of shit who constantly shows up late to work, just look at his posts. total scumbag

>tfw 25mph over is automatic roadside impound here

First offense is nearly $1,800 after impound, towing, and ticket fees. And you get let off with a 108 in a 65?

fug

That blows. He must not have liked you as my personal experience and that of most I've read is most officers will write you over 90 (non correctable he in commiefornia) but less than 100 because then they have to wait till a tow.

Ah, right. That makes sense. And no, I'm old enough to pay for my own mistakes--I'm 25 with a decent job.

..ooof

yea, you're not too far off...complete scumbag, sure -- but it's not too often that I'm late to work. I work in finance so time is $$

He's probably lying about being polite to the cop, he sounds like a douchebag

You said you're driving record was 5 years, so unless you got your license at 20, your full of shit
>finance
Yeah ok pal

I'll take douchebag, but I'm not retarded. I was nothing but an upstanding citizen to the cop

I said he wants my driving record for the past 5 years. I'm 25 and got my license at....what, 16-17 or some shit, the normal age.

And yup, finance. Financial operations to be exact -- I'm not some banker who's killing it in NYC but we get paid decently to be the NY banker's bitches (and it's a good stepping stone to get to NYC).

Fuck no. Never trust those guys. Ever.

>Pulled over and my car is full of boxes and other oddities as I'm literally moving the last load of my stuff
>Last load implies it's the stuff you care about / fragile goods
>Cop comes up and starts asking what's with everything in the vehicle
>Explain to him this is the last load and I'm moving
>He asks where and I have a conversation with him
>Tells me he smells marijuana
>Ask why I was pulled over
>"You have a brake light out"
>He goes back to smelling marijuana
>Tells me to step out so he can search my vehicle
>Literally starts ripping my boxes open no fucks given
>Just willy nilly throws things out the vehicle
>After he is done wasting our time he tells me he'll get a k9 unit if I don't tell him where it is
>Tell him I don't have anything
>He was bluffing and then wrote up a correctable violation for my brake light

I was pissed right the fuck off once he started treating my stuff like it was valueless.

Never again will I share a conversation with them. I don't trust them at all anymore. I use to think the videos online were because the driver gave them lip.

At that time I still thought police officers were around to protect and serve.

So where was the weed stashed

>consenting to a search

Kill yourself

Probably in the cops pocket so it's ready to plant.

Sounds like the Shenandoah Valley

Lmao, all these fucking statists in here. Makes me sick.

OP, my best advice is... don't get caught. I can't offer you any advice, as I've never gotten pulled over. Just know when and where you can speed.

Keep fighting the good fight, though.

>108 mph
What were you driving?

since this is a lolcops thread, i just want to point out that people that drop their speed to 5 miles below the speed limit every time they see a police car are complete retards, and i like to think that Veeky Forums is full of people that are smarter than that

Definitely depends on the cop. I've had cops fuck me over and other cops really cut me some slack.

Also depends on when they have to start getting those citation numbers up -- or whether they just don't like you because you have dreads and a bernie sticker.

Yea, 'preciate it. Mainly pissed at myself for not remembering I had seen unmarked cars on that road a few times.

As long as I'm not putting other people in harm's way I don't see the issue.

S2000 w/ summer tires. 108 is pretty manageable for it.

why? as long as they don't see the front end start dipping -- or if they didn't clock you yet, slowing down doesn't hurt

>I'd like to think that Veeky Forums is full of people that are smarter than that

You thought wrong

dropping below the speed limit? just because youre a fraidy cat bitch when it comes to police? suck my c/o/ck

>108 is pretty manageable
Not on a public motorway, you dork.

>its ok for me to go 108mph on the highway because im late for work.

What a fucking moron.
You think your some kind of special dont you?

Grow some fucking consideration for other human being when behind the wheel of a 3000+ lb piece of metal traveling at high speeds you piece of shit.

People like you are the ones who murder people because of their own ignorance when driving a vehicle and get off with third degree murder.

Do yourself and everyone that is unfortunate enough to share the road with you a favor and throw your car keys in a garbage disposal and tuen the switch.

Kys.

No, 108 is easily manageable on this road. It's a 4 or 5 lane highway that's a straight shot. You can see miles ahead of you. And an s2k doesn't start quivering like some econobox after 100. Shit is tight

>2800 lbs
No pigfat shit around here. And, again....wide open road. No regrets, stop being a bitch.

>65 limit
>108
>manageable
Are you a fucking retard? Do you know how easy it would have been to kill somebody trying to merge if they didn't see you coming?

Jesus fuck that's not that bad. In my state (VA) anything over 80 is automatically reckless. I blame the northern part of the state.

>trying to justify exceeding the speed limit by 40+ mph

No one agrees with you.

Keys... Garbage disposal... Just do it.

>all this butthurt

What's wrong with you people? 65mph on a highway is an unrealistically slow limit as it is.

OP see if you can get extensions, lawyer up, hope the cop doesn't show, hope for the best.

>65
>unrealistically slow
Huh, it's almost like they think there's several ton machines filled with people everywhere.

Wide. Open. Road. No highway entrances on this road for miles. Not putting anyone's life but my own in danger. I'll take that risk.

And I was never trying to argue this. Anytime I see a wide open road with no highway entrances, i'm going to want to speed. There is nothing you can say on a Veeky Forums thread that will change that.

How noble of you little faggots that you keep it to 5 mph over the speed limit, max. If i was driving a Geo, I'd probably be upset at people who could break 70mph too. Go fuck yourselves.

You hypocrites probably watch 1320 videos on youtube but come here to condone speeding. I just can't believe you come to an auto forum and don't like speeding sometimes too. Why the fuck are you even on here?

You deserve to get killed in a horrible wreck. I hope to god nobody has to die because of your stupidity.

65 is the lower end of speed limits across the US, with parts of Texas hacing limits as high as 80. Statistically, the freeway is one of the safer places to be on the road, since there is less to react to. Also, the autobahn exists, and they can make it work there. Those machines you mention are engineered to the letter for safety more often than not. And on massive straight aways like what OP mentioned, yeah, 65 is unrealistically slow. I'm not saying it should be bumped up to like 95 or some shit, but 70-75 is a far more reasonable limit. If you wanna drive slow get in the right lane with the 18 wheelers.

>this thread
>faggots complaining about OP speeding a bit
the hell? Did I somehow wander into reddit?

You're not having fun until you're doing double the speed limit.

And 108 isnt unrealistically fast on the highway?

You're a special one, arent you?

I like speeding OP.

But I don't. Why you ask?

Because I'm a poorfag.

However lately a suicidal poorfag so I'm tempted to speed into a tree. Or a bridge.

Where I live the highway is 75. Everyone drives about 10 over that. Even the cops.

Suddenly your 65 sounds unreasonably slow.

Did you know that the highway speed limit was created for increasing gas mileage and not mainly for safety? Wow! Maybe if you read a fucking book you'd have known that.

>implying it wasn't set that way for maximum revenue generation

lmao dude. get on the bus like the rest of these faggots ITT so your mommy bus driver won't go too fast.

108 is fast, yeah. I'm not saying he shouldn't been pulled over, retard. I'm saying you people are faggots for demonizing someone for using a machine for more than half its potential all the time.

Sounds like he was being considerate enough, not weaving through traffic and shit. No surprise that Veeky Forums is fulled with pussies and autists who are afraid of going 5 over.

>open road
>got pulled over by a cop

>You hypocrites probably watch 1320 videos on youtube but come here to condone speeding.

>"it's a automotive forum, therefore everyone here is an irresponsible shit-heel"

>implying you should drive your sports car somewhat to its limits on public roads.

Kill yourself.

Congratulations, you just proved my point. 130km/hr is 80mph. I never said we should get rid speed limits.

>forum
Looks like you made a wrong turn.

>I don't like to drive fast when safe.
Why are you even here? To shitpost about drivetrains and engine layouts?

We know you are op.

try reading the thread, jizzbeard

>I just can't believe you come to an auto forum and don't like speeding sometimes too.

It's a good thing I can go to bed knowing all these speeding faggots will end up losing thousands of dollars over the course of their lifetime due to being shit drivers.

Its called a racetrack.
Its called a dragstrip.

Figure it out.

Maybe you should read it. Do you even have an argument against a speed limit higher than 65?

I'm not going to pay money to prove my car is slow when I can use onramps as a personal drag strip and hit 100 on a desolate straight highway in the middle of the night.

For the record, I've never gotten a ticket either, for any reason.

One year suspension. Enjoy it, retard.
dmv.de.gov/services/driver_services/drivers_license/dr_lic_violation.shtml

Problem is the retard is from Jersey, go figure, and he got the infraction in Delaware, that law doesn't apply unless there is an agreement between the two states

>OP BTFO

I hear you. I used to drive a beater corolla back in the day that would break down constantly. Make yourself valuable, get a good job, get paid, and save up.

when you don't hear any arguments besides "throw your keys into the garbage" or "you should die" it's tough making a good counterargument.

it's an automotive forum and 99.9% of the cars posted on here are meant for speeds in excess of the speed limit. No one here would give a shit about a particular car if it wasn't fast. A central argument to the board is "but it's not as fast as X." Why are you actually here?? Do you track your car like 0.1% of the readers here--or do you just find interest in cars like someone finds interest in...fairy tales? "It's nice to think about going that fast, but i would never even think about speeding in my life."

> speeding at all means you're a shit driver.
you seem like a really fun guy

but why not an open highway if you have the power and you know it won't hurt anyone else..

that's if convicted, and yes I saw that. That's assuming they don't bargain.

you don't understand the law

going 95 on 95

>you seem like a really fun guy
I don't try to be fun. I try to keep the people around me from dying. I realize personal responsibility is hard for most people today.

You didn't really read his post, did you?

>but why not an open highway if you have the power and you know it won't hurt anyone else..

Having fun and being safe aren't always mutually exclusive.

No, you're a moron, that law only applies to licensed drivers who reside in the state of Delaware, OP is from and licensed in New Jersey

>and you know it won't hurt anyone else
So you're telling me that going 108 miles per hour in a metal machine that weighs several thousand pounds around dozens of people is safe? What if somebody else were to fuck up and cut in front of OP? Adults have to think about the consequences of being stupid.

This

+44km/h $30 penalty. How much for such horrible outrage in your country?

I'm basing my argument under the assumption that "open highway" means devoid of cars. If that's not the case, then yeah, it's stupid and irresponsible.

I don't put the people around me in harms way..i passed a group of cars at around 75, when there was no one around, I dropped a gear and sped to ~108 until i saw an unmarked cop throw his flashers on.

You sound like such a lame...like the type of person that does nothing but talk about his problems and can't take a joke.

Again.....no one else around. It was 4 or 5 lanes all open for at least a mile or two. Some cars maybe 75 yards behind me, that's it.

DE only 2 highways with 65 mph speed limit 95 and rt 1 both crowded on a Friday.

I don't take the potential endangerment of peoples' lives as a "joke". Regardless of whether or not you see people does not mean they are not there or that your extreme speeds aren't a danger to anyone else. There are speed limits for a very good reason, and I hope your penalty is severe.

There you have it, then. He was pulled over for speeding, not being a direct danger to others. Most of the popele ITT don't seem to realize there's a difference.