Comfy Daily Driver

It's been a while since I made a thread. I'm looking for a comfortable daily driver that is easily accessible for my disabled self. After months of test driving various vehicles, I can't comfortably get into any normal sedan. So I'm forced into looking at crossovers, SUVs, or trucks.

Budget is $40k-ish. So far I'm looking at...

>GMC Canyon SLT V6 LFX 4x4 ($32k)
>Lexus RX 350 Base ($40k)
>Mazda CX-9 Touring ($35k)
>Toyota Tacoma Limited ($38k)
>Ford F-150 Lariat ($41k)
>Ford Flex Limited ($39k)
>GMC Sierra 1500 SLT ($39k)

Personally, I'm iffy about crossovers. I feel like they're not very practical, and with the Flex and CX-9 there's going to be a lot of empty room if I'm going to be hauling 3 people at a time. I'm also not too keen on buying a full-sized pickup due to the sheer size of modern pickups. I'm really leaning towards the Canyon, it's the cheapest, most well-equipped, and hit all the marks on comfort and ease of access. Plus once I do get a bit better I'll be able to use it whilst hunting or camping later on.

Also, I travel multiple times a week to go in the city for doctors appointments and surgeries. Full-sized pickups weird me out every time I rent one, but damn they're absurdly comfortable.

You probably shouldn't be driving at all if you're crippled like that

Get the canyon, flex kind of sits low and goes against your busted ass issues

Driving isn't an issue, especially in modern boats. Getting in and out is one of the main issues currently.

I noticed that, it was a bit low. Even with the large tires that were on it, it was low-riding. Besides the CX-9, it's probably my least favorable vehicle on the list. I just have it there because of the V6 Ecomeme engine.

There's also the Porsche Cayenne if I decided I want to live on rice and beans for a while.

Kind user, what is your handicap, if I'm not rude ? If you need a sort of regular car, but with higher seating position, the MPV class should suit your needs.
They are usually aimed at the older people, who start giving a shit about their spines, legs, joints

An absurdly bad case of pilonidal cysts, in conjunction with nerve damage in my L4 - Sacrum.

I really don't want a van for similar reasons why I don't want a crossover. They might be easy to get into, but later on when I do start getting slightly better I won't have nearly as much use for it as I would a truck. Hunting is one of many examples of things I plan on doing with it.

New Tacoma or Ridgeline

Don't buy American trucks

Why not? I've heard nothing but good things from people who own the Canyon as well as Australian owners of the Holden Colorado it's based off. I tested the Ridgeline, and I wasn't too impressed. It drove like a crossover with a bed stuck to it.

I have an 60 something years old neighbour that regularly goes fishing. She has a Hyundai Tucson for some years, she's really happy with it.

General rule of pick-ups : If a pick-up is good on-road, it will be bad off-road. And vice-versa.
Here in Europe that somewhat on-road, comfortable pick-ups are the Ford Ranger with the 2.2 diesel, the Toyota Hilux, and somewhat the Mitsubishi L200.
Better ones at off-road are the L200 ( somewhat ), and the Isuzu D-Max.
In the SUV bunch you got the Ford Kuga, the Santa Fe ( limited off-road use tho ). Personally, I'd go for the Mitsubishi Outlander.
Best off-road animal : Nissan Pathfinder

It's not so much I want complete off-road usage, I need lots of space for dead deer, camping equipment, etc. Hell, almost every truck listed has an optional in-bed tent as well. I don't expect to be doing hardcore off-roading anytime soon, but I do like to get out of town when possible and drive to Colorado, Utah, etc.

Get the Pathfinder then, with leather and various comfort stuff.
It's one of the last true SUV's : Big, ugly, comfy, roomy, and incredible off-road capable. And the 2.7 Turbo Diesel will last more than you. And me. Possibly combined.
Buy this generation, the new is shit. All the new SUVs are shit.

Or the Land Cruiser 2.9 D-4D, if you have the means...It's on par with the Range Rover on terms of comfort and luxury, on par with the Range Rover in terms of off-road abilities, but it has total reliability

Wait, what motor did your R51s have? surely not the TD27? Ours had the YD25.

GMC Sierra imo. What sort of disability? I've seen an amputee guy who has a lift that's on his truck to get him in and out of it, which is why he has a truck since it can be equipped with such equipment. New trucks are comfy cozy dd's, and depending on your needs, lowering a half ton for accessability would not only help you, but they look pretty damn good when lowered a bit.

>calm down sperglords, I said lowered, not hellaflush scraping on speedbumps

See Doesn't sound that bad, but consider that getting in and out of my current Camry causes pain akin to being stabbed.

Ausfaggot here, the Isuzu based pickups are the ducks nuts in terms of mid sizes. I'd get a Duramax Canyon or Colorado.

>landcruiser
>on par with the Range Rover on terms of comfort and luxury
u sure m8?

The more I think about it, the less I want a crossover. Some might be slightly more comfortable than a truck, but between where I live, what I want to do with the vehicle later on, etc... I probably will scratch the crossovers off the list. The Flex with the V6 Ecoboost engine was fun, but that's about it. The CX-9 had a wonderful interior, but that's about it. The Lexus was absurdly comfortable, but it's also extremely ugly.

A cheaper used rx350. They're all pretty much the same so don't waste your money.

If I bought an RX or even GX, I'd rather buy pre-leased or a couple years old anyways.

Just see what kind of years and mileage you could get for 30k.

2014s with ~20k miles go for $33k. 2015s with 15k miles or less go for about $36-37k.

Not bad.

Bump

I just got a pilonidal cyst after a long ass roadtrip. Luckily it isn't too bad but I still feel your pain user. Hang in there and get a cleft lift when you can.

Had a cleft lift, and also had a full removal. It's pretty bad, and the doctors think that it actually may stem from hollow infected portions inside my sacrum.

There have been so many surgeries and debreidments which frayed the nerves in the region that is feeds into the nerve damage in my lower back.

Most pilonidals are just cut out and pack the wound and you're done, but unfortunately I'm in the 99th percentile of severity.

Bump

My dick and nipples just got so stiff I have to buy new pajamas. God I love this fucking truck. Get it OP, get it and adopt me so I can kill you in your sleep and inherent it.

Why do you like it so much?

After all of the research I've done on my next vehicle, I have come to the conclusion that the tacoma is the best one for me personally in all terms from size to power to mpg. I've been wanting this thing for so long that it's turned into a slight obsession for me and it's actually motivated me to strive for more and work harder to get one. I told myself that I would buy it cash, just the way I want it even if it kills me. Plus I'm a firefighter and I want to fill the grill with First Responder Lights. I've seen a chevy Colorado and a Tacoma, pretty much in the same configuration, same color, same year and both with strobes and the tacoma just looks sick with them.

For you, I'm not sure if it will fit your criterias perfectly but it's definitely a good truck with great resale value.

The Limited is pretty comfy, and probably the most suitable as a daily driver of the bunch, but doesn't seem nearly as off-road capable as some other models.

I test drove the TRD Off-Road and it was comfy, but my dealership said they'd call me once a Limited came in. I really like the tacticool tan color as well as the blue.

To clarify they had a Limited, but they were finalizing sale so I only sat in it. Seats were infinitely more comfortable than the Off-Road. Supposedly they share the same suspension, but that could be wrong.

The new Tacomas are really good. You can't go wrong with an F150, either.