What does Veeky Forums think about Lotus Exige and Elise?

What does Veeky Forums think about Lotus Exige and Elise?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cqCsss6eVYA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Very want. VERY. Costs more (purchase, obviously) than my E39 M5 though, even used.

Needs ecoboost

It has a reliable engine instead.

*it has an inferior engine instead

I realize their goal is lightweighting but they could far better performance with Ecoboost

>yfw the evora is like 3000lbs
what happened?

I don't care what anyone else says. I want one

>no

The Evora has 4 seats and a V6. It's not aimed at the same customers who buy the Elise/Exige for their lightweight. It's aimed at the customer who wants a more powerful and comfortable Lotus for longer trips.

Remember what Lotus was about to become after getting Indianized?

>4000lbs
>4000lbs everywhere

Scary, really.
Wonder who stepped in to prevent that.

i like them

I wonder if these things even exist anymore. Never seen them anywhere, not even mentioned.

Looks "Hot"

lol

All that aero caused so much air friction it combusted the carbon fiber!

Id get one tuned by henessy if i had money

Are these cars a daily-drivable choice?
I mean all their cars have a Camry engine that produces beautiful sounds and thrust and even their top-end car Evora features minimal tech and they all can't go wrong, right? Like less shit means high reliability right?

The Evora, yes. The rest, while not intended as such, certainly possible. Exige will be stiffly sprung, Elise less so, but still pretty damn sporty, not comfy.
The modern are all more comfortable than the older ones.

And you'd probably never see your car again.

>Wonder who stepped in to prevent that
Their Malaysian owners. Literally all of Lotus' future car projects have been scrapped. Even the little city car that might have been successful.

I got a ride in an Elise after they hit the states and it was fun as fuck. Obviously they're not very comfortable cars but they car very fast around corners and the acceleration is really, really impressive.

I fucking love the exige. I have a thing for small sports cars and the exige appeals to me like no other. Never even driven one, but every time I see one I get excited. The Elise seems too soft and a little girly to me. The Evora is too big and fat. But the Exige is just fucking right. OP picked the wrong color though.

Oh, I thought it was the Malaysians (not Indians...wrong again) who wanted that shit in the first place. Well, good. All is well, then.

They hired an ex-Ferrari guy who had all these big ideas. He was fired pretty quickly.

Stretch it up a little bit and make it less angry and I hope it's RWD. I then wanna want one.

>Camry engine
You mean the engine from a Toyota? or a company named Camry? What you mean?

EcoBoost engines are blowing apart here and there while a Camry engine will last only when the universe ends.

>make a city car longer
>meme wheel drive
Do you even know what a city car is for?

They went after the Cayman and therefore needed some comfort to steal away people who like street driving.

People drive big Mercedes GLS in cities but people also drive Toyota Yaris in cities and this is much longer than the car on that pic. What is your point?

The engine comes from a Toyota Camry

I want the Evora so much. People who have driven it says the manual is the best experience they've ever had in a car. Also I think at 100k pls it's kind of a perfect stealth-wealth car which I like a lot and I love the design so much.

Is it possible? Yes. Would you want to? No.

They're very reliable, but not comfortable. I had an Elise. Not DD material but people do it. Evora is more DD material but it's still kind of cramped.

Paying half a mill for a lotus when you can get a GT500 which is just as good, throw in mods to make it faster than a lotus and have hundreds of thousands left over

Considering the price range that starts with 90k+ the Evora competes more with the 911 Carerra.

>Paying half a mill for a lotus
The brand new supercharged Evoras are only like $100k brand new.

Mustangs look better, deal with it

lotus cars- lightweight fun, unlike British women

no

What's the difference between an Exige and an Elise?

Someone is swapping a 2.0 stroked to a 2.3 with a bigger turbo into an elise

Pretty shit. Feels like a plastic toy with a Matrix engine, because that's about what it is. Would take a Miata over it without a second thought.

>it's another "heartbreaker is assmad about superior european sports car" post

breddy cool

If you think about it in a weird way, they're the modern MR2. In the sense that it's a mid engine two seater sports car with a Toyota engine.

>it's another "user who will never drive the car in question somehow knows more than me about it" post

Very difficult to lift on a 2 post hoist

I got it to work ok by just putting the rear pads where the LCA mounts behind the underbody tray. They probably get dumped all the time though because if you rack it by the normal jack points you can tip it backwards with your hand. F50 is the same way, have to strap the front of the car to the front rack arms or use a fixture.

Yeah I've given up putting them on a 2 poster and just put them on the 4. I can imagine the customer will be fairly upset if their lotus does a backflip onto the ground

Great cars, but if I had the money I think I would pick an Alfa Romeo 4C over them.

>I'ts another "b-but you've never driven it" post

lmao

I have

they are great, so sorry to hear your amerifat ass doesn't fit

Corolla but yeah

car for queers

t. lolcantturn amerifat

-hurt queer

youtu.be/cqCsss6eVYA

Pick breaking down over not breaking down, nice.

Pick breaking down over not breaking down, nice.

No, the Evora has a v6 from the Camry.

my fav car. looks great but pretty cheap. doesnt really have any other good qualities besides appearance tho

The Evora is far superior to both. It's comfy as fck and handles better than like 98% of cars.

>black pants
>white socks
looks like a jelly boi to me

Agreed. A lotus is always better than a Miata but it's got a shit re-sale value.

>stealth-wealth car
You're right. It doesn't have the radical charm which the other cars in it's segment has but it does it's job well.

As you can see, the Elise is much smaller than the Exige. The main difference between these two are the downforce. The Exige is a much more track-focused car with a greater down-force exerted. Either way its a PITA to ingress and egress.

How about I don't know much about cars and I'm asking to the guys who know it? GTFO you fucking shit-poster.

You saw it right. The Evora has the engine from a Camry but it's tuned by Lotus and then a super-charger is added.