Why don`t nipps like this?

Why don`t nipps like this?

nobody likes it

its unreliable and ugly why would they

It's a great looking car but in some ways it was dated compared to its contemporaries. The interior had more of a late 70's vibe than early 80's the sohc single point injected engine was old fashioned when everyone else had dohc multipoint and the steering was not rack and pinion making the feel notably worse than sporty cars of the time.

>Why don`t nipps like this?
Do you have any idea how rare Starions are in Japan? They have their fans but Starions just disappeared

honestly I think part of the reason it didn't sell so well in its later years was because mitsubishi really stagnated the car.

they pretty much put everything on developing the Galant VR4 and GTO

It's good enough to drive in LFS

Better question should be why the nips didn't keep the better 4G63T in the car instead of the god awful G54B turbo

Yeah considering it was already out of date in 1982 it was just embarrassing in 89.

The widebody refresh without a more modern engine and interior was a big mistake. Mistubishi could have been part of the rwd turbo golden age of the 90's.

Starion came with a 4G63T as well

Yeah, but I'm not talking about in Asia, Europe, Ociana, or Gullah Gullah m8

A really crappy ancient one.

Cool name tho.

True, that's my only problem with the car.
I just don't get why they didn't swap over everything from the VR4 to the Starion. Unless they figured it would be too close to the GTO

The interior was okay, mine's an 88-89 car and the interior wasn't that far behind anything contemporary

Is yours 4G63 powered? I've heard it's a popular swap, especially from 1st gen gallant vr4's and 1st gen dsm's

Did it still have the plastic parking brake lever molded in the shape of stitched leather? Those were pretty bad.

4G63T(G63B)
Most everything from a VR4 motor will swap over to the Starion block

Yes but most jap cars from that era had that shit

Have you gotten it dyno'd yet?

It's in a shed in pieces at my father's house while half a world away

I disagree. IMO the weirdest thing about starions is how dated the interior looks compared to other 80's jap cars. Even more so than the fucking why seatbelts.

Yep, like the dash/instrument panel looks like one of those old school kids driving toys made by Sammy

I couldn't care much about the interior desu,
>1989
SOHC 2v
Okay
>tiny fucking turbo
Okay
>7.5:1 compression
Okay
>giant fucking intake manifold with 2 injectors
Fuck off with that shit

Mine had the 3v head though

The jet-valve head? Fuck me that's nothing to be proud of

It's a proper 3 valve head

It's hard to put a finger on it. At a distance it doesn't look too out of place but on closer inspection the switches and controls have that late 70's vibe like an atari 2600 when it's competitors were subtly moving ahead.

The G54B never came with a 3 valve head, your either thinking of the jet valve head or the Mazda 2.6 head, which is 3 valves

I just said earlier my car has a G63B son

Are you talking about the 3x2 valve head?

dash head, yeah