When you realize electric self-driving cars are the future and they will most likely ban those loud, dirty...

>when you realize electric self-driving cars are the future and they will most likely ban those loud, dirty, inefficient mechanical engines with quiet, clean, sleek electric motors
It's a bleak future indeed

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15406966/looks-like-oil-change-companies-sell#p15461808
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I wont care...
Untill they make one sub 2500lb with at least 1000 mile range with easily replaceable battery packs.

Why do retards think that the government is going to ban gasoline cars?

Are you reading too much reddit?

i honestly think natural gas diesel and E85 are going to step up pretty soon once we run out of dead dinos. not that i know anything about it though, just an guess

im deathly afraid of a self driving car not seeing me on a motorbike due to a blind spot or something.

Dont worry youll be on a quiet, self driving electric motorcycle that will quickly move you out of harms way

Because some European countries are already taking steps to do just that and it's only inevitable that my country will want to join the trend

It's only common sense like this user said. If we ever develop the technology (we definitely will in a decade or two) that is better and more efficient than gasoline and diesel engines, we will have no use for them and they will be banned or at least fined.

Remember Eurobr/o/, you live in a police state. Europe is a global Non-Free Zone.

Come. Come to the land of the free, where the petrol flows like water, and the JDM roam in packs on the weekend.

Looking forward to a super fast, silent, vaporware/cyberpunk motorcycle to run around the urban jungle in though user. (^:

>not planning on forming a new international mid night club using the last gasoline engines

Ride eternal, shiny and chrome

>implying you won't get chased down and beaten to death by the new futuristic police-state for breaking laws
>implying your loud ass non-cucky car won't stick out like a sore thumb compared to the silent all-electric cars of the future
good luck famerino

I won't care if the automatic car actually accelerates when I press the throttle instead of taking its sweet ass time because muh fuel consumpshun.

The US is becoming a police state.

It's just a matter of time.

I'd rather have a police state than an islamic state tbqh

We don't have to live in either.

Here's some auto related news for you
>Bumper stickers & air fresheners can be used as probable cause

but we WILL live in at least one soon enough

Probably a police state. Once a large percentage realizes the only ones benefiting from a police state are the better off we'll see a revolution.

America and Europe pretty much done for anyway. I'll just watch it unfold when those idiots elect Hillary

Good think electric cars don't even make a dent in today's market and wont for some time.

Electric cars are not the be-all end-all solution everyone seems to think they are.

Hell, the manufacture of batteries is way more harmful to the environment than greenhouse gasses from vehicles.

Now imagine thousands of factories like that, making batteries and shitting out harmful chemicals, not just CO2.

TL;DR: Petrol powered cars will be here for at least another 100 years, if not more.

As much as I dislike Trump I'd rather have the lesser of the two evils.

It'll be interesting nonetheless.

Mfw I live in the country side and don't care

Fucking mad max m8

>electric self-driving cars are the future

Drive by wire means the police can command your car to stop, or the government can command your car to go to the police station or impound yard. No more need to tow it. It will just be commanded to leave the parking spot and go to impound.

Just you wait until the politicians accept money under the table (and hide their emails from scrutiny by the FBI). They will pass laws the corporations want after the required bribes are provided along with sinecure jobs for relatives.

>I'll just watch it unfold when those idiots elect Hillary
Hillary is on record for wanting more surveillance.

She's corruption on two legs. It's why the republicans hated her and Bill so much during his first election as president. She was known for influence peddling when Bill was governor. Want your industrial factory to get approved? Pay her off. Want that large chicken farm? Pay her off. Since Bill left office, Hillary has personally collected 153 million dollars. Pretty good rewards as corrupt politicians go.

Hillary managed to shrug off the Whitewater scandal, but after that she developed a hatred of whistleblowers since those almost put her in jail. It's no wonder Hillary wants Edward Snowden to be in prison for whistleblowing. Surveillance allows the politicians to get enough data to selectively enforce laws against opponents or to force kickback payments in many countries around the world. It's no different in the USA (although a bit riskier).

That won't happen for rebels. Your car won't work. Your PC cpu fails due to intel equipping processors with remote kill by the gov't. Your phones stop.

>TFW carbed
>TFW points ignition
Come at me govt man oh wait no face

>your electric car will issue you tickets as it detects you going over the speed limit.

>your electric car will erect its heated dildo up your ass when it realizes you have no problem with the government doing this

>yfw they go as far as to piss off enthusiasts for their sick amusement they have all museum examples destroyed and destroy all books and media containing descriptions of ICE vehicles

reminds me of Fahrenheit 451

>not converting to e-85 and making your own ethanol

Just accept it op electricity is the future and it will be glorious
them 0-60 times that clean air

Funny how quick people forget that making batteries is also very harmful to the envinroment as well. Also theirs a limited supply of precious metals for those batteries as well

The real solution is to make a find a fuel source that is clean, abundant and can be burned in a engine to create power

I'm just waiting on hydrogen powered cars and fusion reactors tbqh

>clean air
>he thinks electricity for these cars comes from solar panels and unicorn farts

Now given, at a coal fired power plant you can have as much emissions equipment as you want since you don't have to fit it in a car with a pile of airbags, but if you think that shit is going to make everything clean you're pretty damn wrong.

What would work is a departure from the current vendor-locked battery packs. Tesla even sells the extra capacity in your packs. If you pay more, your software gets another flag set that unlocks the other battery capacity. Thus you get 20% more! Even though you paid for it to start with hardware-wise.

That's the problem with greedy companies. You buy a single giant battery pack with 100 units of capacity. Your purchase plan allows you 60%. If you pay them extra each year, you get 20% more capacity allowed by the software. If you pay an even bigger fee, you get the remaining 40% instead of just 20%.

So Tesla has negative incentive (like apple) to allow standardization to where outside sellers could supply batteries. If so, the big proprietary pack could be separated into a set of 12 separate removable battery packs under the rear seats. Each pack could be swapped out for a new freshly charged pack.

Load balancing software figures out the current draw from each of the packs that has different charges. The individual packs are charged at home or at way stations. Because they are small, individual lockers could be provided, thus a charging station could actually provide charges for more many cars at once.

While one out of 12 packs is not much, it would be enough for that car to get home and get a real charge of all the packs. Smaller packs also allow charging by solar power racks. The small packs can be used one per elecric mower, or one in a porta-carry for other mobile electric devices.

So there could be advantages of having separate packs not only that bad cells can be detected and replaced easier. No longer does one giant super heavy pack need to be lowered down from the car via lift.

australia sure sounds nice

>easily replaceable battery packs.

But manufacturers and dealers want to make money not just on selling the hardware, but also on servicing. They don't want easily replaceable packs especially as that means the Moss Magnuson Law would apply to standardized packs.

In order to avoid Magnuson Moss, they make proprietary packs that are INTEGRAL and not easily replaced. Integral and properietary are the two concepts necessary to avoid moss magnuson applying.

>It's a bleak future indeed

Those all electric cars means the government has control of your car. The microphones (or video) in it might be listening in with no warrant needed under the Patriot Act version 100 or whatever version it is up to by then.

If you drive at reckless speeds (above 80 MPH) then that would be recorded and depending on state and federal laws, the data could be obtained by the government and insurance company. That could affect your insurance rates. The insurance company thus knows how unsafe a driver you are. It would even know if you use turn signals before turning.

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15406966/looks-like-oil-change-companies-sell#p15461808