How would you like to see this drive over and past you. (maybe not past)

How would you like to see this drive over and past you. (maybe not past)
Electric TEB-1. measures 22 meters long, 7.8 meters wide, and 4.8 meters high. The passenger deck has space for 300 people; 245 standing and 55 seated. The height of the ‘tunnel’ under the bus is two meters.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lPdl3uxW3aI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also, just a prototype, right now.

what speed is it supposed to go

China!

youtube.com/watch?v=lPdl3uxW3aI
TEB's giant frame to glide high above the gridlock at speeds of up to 60km per hour.
Investors in China’s famed “straddling bus” are asking for their money back after questions arose over its fundraising methods. The project’s fundraising methods have been questioned by mainland media, who revealed that the chairman and actual controller of the Huaying group is also a controlling shareholder and a supervisor of the company behind the TEB.

I think it's bretty cool. Muh futurism and shit, very cyberpunk. Is it autonomous? That would be even cooler, giant autonomous straddle bus/train things running around the city while cars and bikes race around underneath it.

>china

How long til we see a video of a conductor deliberately driving over somebody or a car

This thing is a fucking wreck from an engineering stand point, it's literally only been built as a "prototype" to steal investor money.

You realize this turned out to be a scam right?

It doesn’t really run on rails. It runs on wheels. Rubber wheels. Like a… bus. The rubber wheel has a small wheel on each side. Those wheels don’t run on rails either, they run through gutters.

>they run through gutters
Dagoomi was right.

still, costs money to retrofit roads for those gutter things

and considering how set-in-stone most roads are, not sure how this would work out

it might work for certain extremely popular bus routes? without traffic to worry about you can dramatically increase your passenger throughput

I preferred Le Corbusier's street idea

It's a guided busway. They have relatively low infrastructure cost, though they are usually grade separated.

it's less the cost of putting it in the road as much as the cost of road space to put it
anywhere you put this, you're either eating up current road space or cutting into sidewalk space, and thus various forms of public and private property in some places.

1) it takes up less space than a dedicated bus lane
2) China has no problem ignoring NIMBYs or other people who complain about losing street parking or sidewalk space
3) China has even less issues about using eminent domain to take private land (there isn't technically any private land anyways, it's all leased)

Good I don't have to look at poor people using public transportation now.

I don't get it, what's the fucking point of this thing? Why not just built a train? What's gonna happen when someone inevitably hits this thing because their car is too tall?

>they run through gutters.

How wide are the gutters? What happens when a bicycle or motorcycle crosses one at an oblique angle? We've had one cyclist die hitting a trolley track here.

That looks like it would take off the cab of any american truck

What happens if someone is in the middle of changing lanes. Will it stop completely?

This is the far end of the test track, which measures 400 meters, not 300. The ‘rails’ are really not rails. The rubber wheel runs over the middle section, and the two smaller wheels run through the gutters on each side. It doesn’t seem there was any iron used in the construction.

>hops the gutter
>goes on maniacal rampage

BTFO

The TEB was another one of those many "corrupt" projects made to divert investor money for other purposes.

Example: TeslaX says we need to make electric cars but that has a lot of infrastructure cost. How do we get investors but not give them any shares of stock in return? Let's build the TEB-1 and the investors for it will supply the money to build infrastructure that we will then use to build our electric cars.

The TEB-1 is built and goes bankrupt. Due to controlling interest, the manufacturing assets of TEB-1 (factory building, equipment, and patents) are sold for $1 dollar to TeslaX. Only those items are sold and not the company, thus leaving all the debt behind in the bankrupt company. The investors thus lose everything because they never had controlling interest.

This is also why partnering with chinese companies (which the government requires they have controlling interest) can be dangerous. After they get your intellectual property and equipment and money, they could divert it away after deliberately forcing the company into bankruptcy. By forcing bankruptcy, the corrupt judge then orders asset sales thus overriding your contractual terms protecting against such tactics. That is how china overcomes your contractual protections.

the clearance is not going to work. How dumb

It's just a proof of concept, Señor Dingleberry.

What happens when a car is too tall or they're too close and they decapitate the driver or knock off the mirror/sideswipe it? Being in china I suspect there's fuck all in regards to compensation/insurance claims over getting hit by this thing.

it'd be pretty fuckin cool to drive under it desu

Forget driving under it, I kind of want one

>getting hit by this thing
You mean you hitting it? Because I don't really get the impression that thing could hit you anymore than a bridge could.

Here's the tram tracks we have in Gothenburg, Sweden. Note those "gutters" in them, about an inch wider than your typical bike tire.

I see people cycling into these and falling daily, so I don't think it's something the govt gives a crap about (at least not here).

It's kind of bullshit. Flange fillers should be standard on all street-running rail lines.

I agree with you.
Unfortunately our shit-tier trams have enough problems as it is, and the track network is in pretty terrible condition due to neglect, so money being diverted to help cyclists is extremely unlikely...

Inside... seems like a waste of space