/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>Send help edition

Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Vids:

>Who's trolling the /hg/?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=D938mAav7Ek

>user's new intake
youtu.be/e4XMTJZ-nHA

>Civic ricing
youtube.com/watch?v=6yXs_ftSQzE&index=1&list=PLyr_eTQASjhTBI_3WpjGIrW0ZeFqwEI-C

>user's update on his Civic
youtube.com/watch?v=gPDm-0T3Y9Q

>Ricers and Coffee
youtube.com/watch?v=PtZydQ6qsxo

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Last thread:

>more rain

I WANNA PUT IN MY THERMOSTAT REEEEEEEE

I want this.

Hopefully I'm off work before the rain starts.

>mfw I left the driver side rear window an inch open throughout the rain last night and there's a puddle in the handle

Slaps look good alone but when they're on a car they look autistic.

Lel I did that before. Rain stopped and I'm letting the coolant bleed now. Takes forever.

Am I supposed to keep doing this until there are no more bubbles? How do I know when to stop? It's humid as fuck out here.

Yea keep going until it stops bubbling.

I have just tiny bubbles now. Isn't that normal since it's flowing?

Should be fine. Fill the coolant reservoir about a quarter. And then just check it after an hour of driving.

Sweet. That aftermarket thermostat was much larger than my OEM one so I think that should fix it. I'll see at around the halfway point in my delivery shift. That's when my needle started playing with me last night.

Gonna return this fucker later. Not sure what Honda this fits on but it certainly not mine.

H-Hi /hg/, just bought my first car. I know the EP3 wasn't the most desirable honda, but I love it so far!

I disliked them at first but they have grown on me. Never seen a trashed one either. Nice hatch, bro.

Thanks, it's in ridiculously good shape for a 2002. It's only got 67k miles on it too, which was surprising. Just gotta keep undercoating it and pray that the road salt doesn't slowly kill it.

Best of luck. You're in Canada right?

Just found pic related. Wish I had the $2400 for it.

Join the collage man. And I like the EP3's don't sweat it m8.

Yep, Ontario. Damn, that looks tempting

I'll join the collage when I can get a better picture of it

brother just got a steal on an accord lx. 240k mi. 1000 buckeroos, clean as fuck on the inside, the exhaust even looks clean wtf.

says I can have the piece of shit crx for $500 if I throw in my bootlegged mugen knock off wing

probably gonna buy the jetta from my mom soon and I kinda like how the shitty wing looks on it...

>HF
>Powder blue

GODDAMN YOU TO HELL!!

>fuck poverty

My first car in 2014 was a Jetta. 2.0 auto. Engine ran strong when I sold it at 240K but fuck that transmission. Electrical problems stopped it from shifting into fourth. Was running at 5000 rpm on the highway.

For real bro. I'd call off work right the fuck now and go get it if I weren't poor.

What year?

It's basically
>powder blue EF
>red EG
>hype R yellow EK

that purple demon is a 5 speed which is why I like it. it's horribly slow though. it's reasonably comfy, has a sun roof, and everything works. that red crx is a straight up abomination and should be crushed.

Too much miles imo

I think I would have liked my Jetta too if it were manual. Is it also 2.0?

that's an average of about 12k per year which isn't too bad

not sure which engine to be honest. it's definitely not the turbo model, so I'm guessing it's a 2.0 n/a?

Probably. It should have a label on top saying 2.0 on it. I think they had three engines? 2.0, 1.8t, and diesel?

My 2.0 burned oil but I never had any problems.

God, I seriously fucking hate traffic; nobody knows how to drive properly, so I'm not able to get the pizzas delivered on time thanks to these fucks.

That's one good thing about my area is no real traffic aside from people coming from New Orleans clogging up the road my store is on. Takes forever to get out the parking lot when everyone is coming home from work.

I feel like normies are getting worse at driving every year.

They really are.

Might be right. In my twelve ish years of driving my only close calls were within the last three years.

In other news my car is running at its best right now. Idle hasn't bumped up a single time.

They don't even use phones anymore! THEY JUST FUCKING SUCK!

But does it bake itself with the gAy/C on?

That AC compressor is fucked so it'll probably make the temp act funny. Not even gonna try it because I don't need any issues on the clock. Temp has been rock solid though. Been driving for three hours.

I thought civic were supposed to be reliable? You and other posters seem to have a lot of problems

I've put 70k miles on my Civic since I got it in 2013, car hasn't needed anything beyond regular maintenance.

I think a lot of the issues that pop up here are a combination of older cars and hard driving.

I bought a ten owner car with no history so it's mostly my fault. I also fuck up a lot on fixing shit. Lel

Also do over 30k miles a year.

Same here, with my CB7.

I sometimes wonder if I made the right decision in replacing the car for a newer Accord.

I would have used the money to replace the water pump and timing belt and I would probably finally have my front suspension restored, by now.

The odometer would probably be at 330,000, today.

I also wonder if I should have gotten a Subaru Legacy Outback...

>Also do over 30k miles a year.
fuck that

Try 42k, delivering pizzas and newspapers.

That's my estimated mileage for this year.

Mine's a pretty bad estimate. My speed sensor didn't even work for the first many months I had the car so it didn't even track my miles.

Allright /hg/, as my first proper car I got an 03 Acura CL Type-S with the rare 6-speed manual that was just replaced by the original owner. 114xxx miles. Got it for 4650 after negotiation, how did I do?

hondas are for faggots i hope you crash your ff econoshits

Thanks bro

Nice man, I just got this 01 cl 3.2 base. 100k miles and a ton of maintenance for 4.5k. This thing is comfy AF

Whoops shitty pic.

Join the collage

pretty jelly you did great. Better than kit Kat
Y'all niggas tempting me to buy a CL.

(You) used to call me on my cellphone.

Waiting to get a good picture to join the collage, just got it washed but its black so it got dirty overnight. It looks amazing from the side though, and im loving the car so far. Had to put 1k in on a new belt and waterpump but i love the car.

> see papa John's at an address I like delivering to

Feeling yandere af right about now.

I always carry a shank whenever I see a driver delivering to the same house I'm delivering to.

Damn this post is making me hungry
>tfw last time I ate was 12pm and didn't get a chance to eat lunch at work
I'm giving famished

I should carry a knife with me.

I usually eat at work but I've been driving almost the whole time. I'm about to clock out anyway.

>tfw had a dank italiano from the local deli at lunch
>hangry tho
>desire pictures of anons CL type-s

>tfw only had 2 steamed buns, a clementine, and a protein shake for breakfast

Wear and tear occurs.

Shingu is Shingu.

Heading home now to enjoy some dank ham and cheese sandwiches. Car preformed perfectly.

>tfw two days off in a row after making 335 in tips for the week

This nigga knows.

Drive the Corolla or stay inside.

I sense more damage to the Shingomobile if you touch it

No can do lord kek. Corolla is too busy taking my mom to work. I kinda wanna go to the junkyard on Sunday.

Electric? Get ready for schizo door locks.

You're... Looking for parts that fit you SWAPPED MOTOR and not what came with it...

RIGHT????

Yep. The new one matched my old one almost perfectly. The newer one had some minor changes which I assume were improvements.

Hopefully I won't run into a part that is only for the D16A. That would probably be difficult to find being a Japanese model only engine.

Also when I go to any auto parts store I just say I have a Civic Si when getting engine related parts. Integra GSR for suspension parts and brakes.

Where do you live I think I've seen your car b4?

Slidell, Louisiana.

Oh. Were you around SE Tennessee lately?

Nope never left the gulf coast in my car yet. Kinda wanna try going to Kentucky to visit a friend sometime, though.

on a scale of one to bucket with a toilet seat on it, how much of a shitbox is your hatch, genuinely. looks fun but I haven't read much on it.

It's honestly not that bad. The engine has been flawless since day one. Most of the problems has been me learning how to fix shit and failing at it. It drives straight as an arrow and always starts right up. I put a brand new transmission in it at the beginning of the year too so it shifts like a brand new car.

>Mongolian BBQ
I could go for some of that right now.

that place is pretty decent. bomb ass rice bowls.

is the eg front end always look like that or am I just acting up?

Yeah my front end is a different shade of red. Previous owner paint job with no clear coat. These pics are almost a year old though.

noice. looks like a fun shitbox.
>tfw want something sporty but enjoy being comfy too much

I really need to take some leafs out of the back of my truck tho...

At the time of that pic all four of those cars were registered in my name.

>they consider owning four shitboxes a luxury so I got taxed like crazy for registering the fourth one

That's a lot of leaves. I wouldn't mind a comfy car sometime. A manual Lexus SC300 would be perfect. I learned how to drive in a SC400 auto when I was in high school. Wasn't into cars though so I didn't learn shit about it.

it's about 10 too many.

and I mean I love sporty cars, and I love going fast, but I am mostly down with just cruising and occasionally an aggressive touge blast. I have driven far too many cars in my life to care too much about drivetrains, I just want comfy reliability.
>and like 300whp in my truck, because 22 second ETs are ghey as fuck

also kek on the shitbox corral

That Jetta was on its way out but it took forever to sell. Mexican with terrible english bought it for $400.

I cruise way more than speed. My car only maxes out at 106. That's more of an ECU thing though that I can get rid of if I needed to. I'm more focused on keeping it reliable and high MPG.

My uncle would love your truck. He has a hardon for old Ford trucks. I can't remember the year of his but I do know it has both Ranger and Explorer badges. Probably 70s?

sounds late 70's badge engineering. and it is slow as fuck, the fastest I have gone in it is 81mph, and that was moving.

I have yet to max out the CL, but I think this thing will be quick. I was doing 90 casually driving it home from buying it and you couldn't even tell. the chassis and body control at speed is incredible on this thing

How does it feel to you at 106? I got up to 110 in an eg and it felt pretty stable and very grounded

Honestly it felt smooth as fuck. It had a lot left in it but fuel cut off kicks in at that point. I was only at like 4500 RPM I think? I expected it to feel like the wheels were gonna fall off. My buddy has taken his coupe to 140+.

Yeah he swapped an engine into it (not sure what) and it's pretty fast. Didn't get any specifics about it though.

How do I start a company like spoon or mugen or basically my own tuning house where I rebuild honda engines and make impractical rice rockets for a living?

>be born in japan
>study engineering
>create tuning parts
>???
>profit

>be rich
>know how to tune and fabricate
>be good at what you do
>network to get your customers and promote your shit
>????
>profit

I wonder if I should participate in autocross...

I'd recommend you get a manual car first.

I have that

I... I'll just shit it manually.

Yeah... That's what I'll do...

Shift*

>two days off
>don't know what to do

Car runs gud and nothing needs to be done to it at the moment. I kinda wanna get the new Note 7 too...

Watch the Veeky Forums in the finals for that rigged cup.

Speaking of technology I got my notebook yesterday and finally started it up today. It's just for school.

I also blew all of 4 of my speakers a few days ago (even back pair that are a few weeks old). My setting on the head unit is too harsh. I turned everything off and put every booster at zero. It doesn't sound blown but it's a little too quiet. If I reach a certain level you can hear the distortion I might order another set of speakers when I feel like it lol.
/blog

Damn that was quick. Was your rear speaker cutout as bad as mine in my sedan?

>Honda of America

No wtf jej. Mine was made in Japan though.

Shit even my hatch is made in Canada. I didn't know they had actual made in Japan EGs in the US.

JAY DEE EMM
NIGGA

>driving back from the T-Mobile shop, phone wasn't in stock
>not paying attention to the temp because it was great yesterday
>it jumps up then back down to just above the normal temp
>doesn't move for the rest of the drive

huh

I guess I should bleed it some more. Didn't lose any coolant.