Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums,

I have a Hyundai Tucson that my dad bought for me as a college graduation gift in 2012.

1. I am sick of seeing so many other people with the same car, I want to be more original with mine.
2. Thinking about a paint job. I really like matte black cars. What do you guys think about that for the Hyundai, and roughly how much would it run me?
3. I am thinking about getting the lowest possible tint on all windows. Chicago has some fucked up tint laws, but I can probably secure a garage where I can park to avoid tickets.

My budget is roughly $2,500. I am also tossing around the idea of trading the car in and getting something completely different because I hear this car is kind of a soccer mom vehicle.

KYS.

No matter what you do, you can't fit a horse saddle into a cow. Change your car.

You know, I don't often come onto this fucking board, but whenever I do people are condescending ass holes without serious responses.

Paint jobs frun 5-10k
Also be grateful your parents bought you something

>>lgbt

5-10k? Wtf? Someone quoted me out at 3.5k near my house. I wanted to check with Veeky Forums to see if I was getting scammed or not. Lol, guess my area has some good deals then. I've seen some results too, and it ain't bad.

Reasons? It's not a bad car and still runs really well. But I am more fond of sedans now than I was 4 years ago...

alright fuck you guys. this board knows nothing about cars anyway. it's a bunch of biased ass holes who get their cars from mommy and daddy every year as if its the new iphone version.

I'll be honest with you. Either you are going to spend 2k painting it a slightly different color than the stock colors out of there or you'll paint it a color that nobody will want and will drastically lower it's value. How many soccer moms want a matte black Hyundai?

>Mad because he can't figure out how to use Google

Why would you post a dumb question about a shitbox that literally no car enthusiasts care about?

>my dad bought me an ugly Ass soccer mom car
>having daddy buy you a car
>trying to be original in a mom car
Get rid of it and buy something manly

Don't. Sell it and buy something less common. But then again, obviously you aren't an enthusiast so just shut up and buy a civic for 3k.

3.5k for a shit job that doesnt include doorjams, under the hood, etc.

Just get that shit wrapped for 1k, that way you can just take it off and dont ruin the resale value.

dip it for 600 bucks, powder coat the rims black, and youre set. also get some kickin hids if you have the housing for it

This is best option if OP really wants to have matte black Hyundai Tuscon, without lowering it's resale value.

It would probably be like 2k to do the whole car wrapped vinyl. but yeah good point

the new civics are lit. but i don't want something so cheap and "fuck-boy" like. What would the trade value be for turning in the Hyundai (keep in mind a 2012). Also, what do you think about the new infinity's

>Lit
>Fuck-boy

Just get out

>kbb.com

Probably the best comment reply out of anyones. So I looked up my car's current value. $18,400. I feel bad because my dad put $35k into it since the beginning (includes body work).

Anyway, 18,400 + 2,500 = $20,900 .. That's not much for a nice new car that is original and dope. FML - i need to make more money

kill yourself.

Why the hell do young'uns these days describe stuff as being 90s alt bands?

I was making fun of today's youth. but at the same time, using their lingo to express how I feel.

>>>>>Reddit

op, you sound like you haven't grown up.

To hell with being concerned about driving a "soccer mom car".

It's better than driving a Civic LX a bunch of twats think is some sort of sports car.

Go get another car if you want something different, but don't fuck up this one with a low end paint job or other poor-person modifications to make it "cool".

Embrace having a car that doesn't make you look like a child.

Interesting. But I still don't feel cool driving the car and that's the root problem here man. That's what is causing the childish behavior. I haven't moved on from my car.

Well thank yall for your advice today

>Tucson

>college graduation gift

Then why do you sound like you're still in high school?

Should be thankful you have parents willing to provide something like a car for your spoiled ass.