Compact SUV

Me and my wife are expecting our first kid and we decided we want to buy an small SUV as our first "together"-vehicle. I drive a 2012 Eclipse and she drives a 2013 Jetta.
I wanted to see what Veeky Forums thinks. Our final 2 choices really come down to a fully maxed out CX-5 or a base model Porsche Macan. We both make decent salaries but we'd like to keep it around ~$50K USD.
We also live in California so I don't know if this matters. It'll be mostly for cruising around as a family.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sR1TCPIWTTM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Get ecoboost instead. It's the best.

This.

They look nice

Porsche Macan so you actually enjoy driving your cuck "we" mobile

I did mention I have my own car. Fuck me for wanting to spend time with my family, right?
>Macan we want to buy

We did think of that but we really like what the CX5 offers in style and ease of management.
>CX-5 in question

Ford Explorer sport. Not because of the ecoboost meme, but because it is a good car. Or Tahoe because a shit ton of space.

I'd go quite a bit cheaper than 50k unless you really want something that pricey. A toddler will FUCK UP your interior like you would not believe.

Tahoe is too big. We live in a city and we'd like to keep it "compact" but large enough to carry 5 people.
Space was the most important thing on our list, we'd consider a Nissan Rogue over the CX-5

kill yourself. her car is perfectly adequate.

My in-laws all have really good jobs (doctor + 2 pharmacists) who each pull a lot more than me so that's why I wanted a Macan
>inb4 lel he fell for Porsche luxmeme

How about a Crosstrek?

No explorer sport? About the same size as the other cars you mentioned but can squeeze up to 7 and do a lot more than the others.

>45k tho

>crossovers
is this a bait post?

GMC Equinox

>Wanting a Macan

are you a chink?

muh bad
I really consider them as compact SUV because that's all I ever hear when listening to new car reviews
>MFW im just car normie who only changes oil and brake pads

Meant GMC Terrain or Chevy Equinox.

>Trying to beat the Joneses
Don't do that user

Nah, I understand. Just get ready to deep clean seats, and shell out for interior trim pieces once your kid turns about 2 or 3. My cousin's kids pretty much ruined the interior of a fully loaded Highlander hybrid.

they're literally lifted hatchbacks. don't do it.

what's wrong with her car?

Not trying to beat, just trying to get in gud with the father-in-law
>HFW UCSF grad marries public school admin and not doctur
Just checked it out, does not grab my attention and I don't know if I have the urge to go out and TD
I know, but when he gets older I'll just throw him in the Jetta

it's a stale silver jetta and hatches is cool senpai
I really do not want GMC. I read wayyy too many reports with them being in the bottom when it comes to reliability.
We did consider a RX 350 too

buy a full size sedan like an awd lacrosse or an avalon if you hate gm because I am sure at 99.999999999999% that you will never do any sort of offroading and awd without snow tires is shit in the snow.
And for the love of god dont buy a maccan or a cayenne even if they aren't bad those cars are for badgewhores.

I would love a lacrosse but waifu said she wants something bigger.
She hates my Sushi because
>very related
>tu lou
(she's not asian btw)

> GMC
> Unreliable
What? This is literally the exact opposite of what i always hear and experience from GMCs

>Already has a girl car
>Going to buy a crossover
user...

So get a new golf sportwagen. More usable space inside than the CX-5 and all other small crossovers except maybe the shitty CRV or Rav4.

buy a used car and keep some money for college or retirement
and how a lacrosse is too small while a cx-5 and a macan isn't.At this point why not a body on frame suv or a minivan.

See

at least it's not a convertible and it's been reliable to me soo eh

You're dealing with a woman. There will be no logic. All she gives a shit about is wanting to sit up high so she feels like less of a little bitch in her fwd/awd safety egg.

At least you'd be able to enjoy open-air driving if it were. As it stands you're making a household and women's cars.

Are you getting rid of one of your cars for this crossover? desu a Macan is more fun to drive than either an Eclipse or a Jetta, so you may as well just dump them both

>crossover
>style
Confirmed retarded

We work in different cities and this SUV would be our "oh shit, DD is not turning on better use the Macan/CX5"

The Explorer is based on the same platform as the Taurus. It is in no way a compact SUV. Even the Edge is probably a step above the size he is looking for.

Why would you buy a brand new car to use as a "back up" two relatively new cars? The Jetta can easily fit two grown adults...and then two more grown adults in the backseat. It's fine for a new family.

Also, the CX5 gets better mpg than both cars (depending on the Jetta trim) do anyway.

Sounds like you're deadset on making a stupid decision for whatever reason. I understand getting the new car jitters, but this is just dumb.

Either you a buying a car you won't use or you are keeping a unreliable daily driver, and neither scenario speaks highly of your intellect.

Buy a d-class sedan or wagon, retard. Accord the best choice for dumbass normies

This.
And the only Ford I'd buy would by an RS or ST
>dat future midlife crisis
>not as bad as Corvette status tho

Ecoboost Flex

youtube.com/watch?v=sR1TCPIWTTM

See Jetta is only going to get older and had dings everywhere because it's out grocery car. It's unattractive, it's got puny 15" rims, it's a base model, etc.
It's not attractive to arrive at relative's parties and too small to carry items to local mountains during winter time
>fuck snow chains btw

so why the fuck are you keeping it?

m8 that car is 15k cheaper than the macan. And if youre whining about showing up to a relatives parties get an X1 because mazda is a poorfag brand

>"I'm not trying to keep up with the Joneses"
>is totally trying to keep up with the Joneses

good luck with that. you're also in the wrong place, because all you're looking for is a fancy badge

because it's paid off and it's her car

Only so Mrs' old man will shut up about how his old Mercedes was so great because Eurup which is why waifu bought a Jetta

Stop caring what he thinks. You're already banging his daughter.

who the fuck cares what they think? If they're not paying for it they don't have any right to complain or look down on you. You should just cut off that side of the family if they're going to be faggots about it.