Car air freshener

What is your favorite car air freshener?

Whatever the car wash gives me that lasts a few days before I throw it out. I frequently disinfect and wipe my car interior down so no odors stick around. Sometimes I'll smell food or the natural car smell but not much anything really.

I hate air freshener and other artificially scented bullshit.
the only thing I like is a bag of cedar shavings.

Black ice is the only correct answer. Fresh TM

New car smell is sum good shit

I buy these to match my Jordans.

B L A C K I C E
B

L

A

C

K

I

C

E

f

>What is your favorite car air freshener?

Japanese products have great variety. You can even find some scents even more exotic that in this picture.

Meguiars spray in a can that recirculates through the a/c system. You can't even tell that I used to chain smoke in my car.

I just keep my cars clean so they smell like leather. Black ice and shit like that smells like middle schoolers who just discovered spray deodorant.

>letting your car get so rank that you need an air freshener

There are several types of car air fresheners.

The biggest category is simply one that masks any offending odors. Almost all the air fresheners are in this category.

The 2nd category has an added component that affects the way humans smell things. You usually find those chemicals in bathroom type air fresheners and some people do use some types of bathroom air fresheners in their cars.

The third category is the type that is sprayed onto environmental surfaces in the car and then wiped off. These types neutralize odors at the source. The leading brand in this category is Febreze but there were products preceding its entry into the market.

One could say there is a 4th category of novelty air fresheners such as

Air Spencer squash. It's the best air freshener I've ever smelled. It's JDM as fuck too.

What does it smell like

Loli panties

Haven't thought of those in years. I find that those only smell good in Japanese cars.
>Got tired of the squash smell in my old car
>Stowed it in the armrest and forgot about it
>Open the armrest years later
>Hit with the squash aroma
>Armrest still smelled like squash even after I threw it away
Also tried the beads that smell like squash they pretty much spill everywhere and make a mess.

A really intense chemical sweet smell. Some people say it smells like bubble gum. Nothing like a real squash

What fresherener do you prefer? Classic scents like Black Ice it maybe somethink crazy like bubble gum? And design, classic card like tree od maybe funny like becon from my picture?

Or maybe*

>the leading brand in this category is Febreze

yea nah its ozium

Sex Wax in whatever flavour I feel like that day, they're all nice

I keep my car clean.

Why do you guys use air fresheners? My car never smells bad and any artificial odors just makes it smell worse. The chemical smell with the windows up makes my head hurt after a while.

Ozium a good

Nice choices tho

I liked the My Shaldan series of canned air fresheners. In Asia, they are often used in bathrooms, but if a blocking device is used to limit the outgassing, it can be used in the small enclosure of a car too.

The problem is that vaporized limonene was linked to increased carcinogenic activity since it can be converted into formaldehyde by ozone. Formaldehyde is a known carcinogen. In houses that used limonene-based scents, the amount of formadehyde was also increased and the removal of limonene scents corresponded with a reduction of formaldehyde. That's why I stopped using My Shaldan series (my favorite was lemon).

>ctlf + f
>nelson mandela

Veeky Forums I am disappoint.

>Why do you guys use air fresheners?

Because I like certain odours if they are very light and slightly sharp. A "hint" of scent is what I am after. I'm not after bold musky scents like "loli panties" like the japanese car air freshener scent in "Real Girl Scent". It seems like people would scent their dakimakura with that instead.

What works well in my car is the Febreze Linen Sky scent. I dial the setting to minimum and cover half of the openings on back with little cut strips of masking tape. That keeps the scent light.

Febreze hasn't perfected the way that scent disperses out of the container. In a dispersion test, I mounted one horizontally with the puncture holes vertical and not touching the liquid. As expected, the most volatile parts of the liquid evaporated leaving some sort of heavier oily liquid behind. The liquid left behind had a heavier scent that I didn't like not at all like the original scent of a freshly opened unit which was light and much "sweeter". So, if you use febreze units, they probably should be as vertical or tilted backwards. The taped over holes did make each unit last a lot longer than the advertised 30 days.

You are possibly the most autistic man on Veeky Forums. I love you

Air fresheners that have a large physical volume release a lot of volatile oils into the air. The ones that release the least are small devices like those Febreze ones you see at Target (biggest selection) or Walmart.

The amount of oil released by the air freshener may result in needing to clean the interior windows more often of that oil and grime film. I assume the oils don't affect tinted films. In this case, I choose ignorance because ignorance is bliss.

I open the windows and let the car air out as I drive

been using it for over a year, smells like how ramune tastes

>You are possibly the most autistic man on Veeky Forums.
Autism would be if I spent a lot of time on it which I don't. Solutions just come by being able to remember situations and to think about how scents come out of the various types of dispensers.

My Shaldan cans:
For example, cut round piece of thin cardboard to fit inside the top lip of the can. Once fit is verified, use hole punch or phillips screwdriver to poke one or more holes in the cardboard corresponding to how much scent you want to let out. Wrap the cardboard disc in aluminum foil to prevent oil obsorption. Use pencil to re-poke the hole(s) thru the foil taking care to have the poked foil line the passage of the hole thru the cardboard.

Essential Oil Bottles:
At many stores you see small glass bottles with white tops containing scented oils. You also see them at Dollar Tree for much better price. You can make a non-spillable mount under the seat for these small bottles. Two cardboard pieces about 6 inches on each side. One piece has hole just big enough for the top of lid to poke thru but not the bottle. Staple edges together and now bottle cannot tip over. Put under seat.

Febreze AIr Freshener:
I don't mount them on the air vents. You might clip it to the clothes hanger hook above the rear seat. If you wrap several turns of duct tape around the prongs to close the gap, you can now clip it to any thin piece of metal band under the dash or seat as long as the dispenser is vertical.

Never get any air freshener device sit against the car's plastics just in case the solvents in the air freshener attack the plastic. You're familiar with how you don't let photocopies sit against plastic surfaces, right?