/ovg/ - Miffed Chinese Formula E driver edition

Previous thread: Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask about sim racing and racing with us!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for info!
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=1700004632
assettocorsa.club/mods/tracks/ahvenisto.html#en
isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/24636-Endurance-Series-rF2?p=432375&viewfull=1#post432375
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Post shitty fake mobile game cars, boys.

Never raced in the Vee, but gave it a quick spin and the AI seems alright.

Strange incident though: not sure if the replay is buggy or hitbox issue, but I tried getting close to the car in front and made contact with what seems a lot of room to spare. A replay from a second angle makes it look a lot closer though. Anyway, I gave him some space and he decided to wipe out on his own, whereas the other AI were perfectly fine.

second angle

>pick up truck that can run a 9 second quarter mile

When will I be able to swap a V8 into it?

I would assume soon, LS swaps are a pretty common thing and I'm pretty sure it's already been suggested on the facebook page.

FRIENDLY REMINDER

Celica GTO's on Rouen Les Essarts next weekend.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=1700004632

>reiza """"""quality""""""" stock content being buggy and badly made

Wow what a surprise there. How many cars don't have reversed FFB?

Post your javelinfus

Delete this.

taking the poo to the loo at buddh

She may have came 4th in her event but she got the gold in my heart

>controller
OUTOUTOUTOUTOUT

>6'5
Ok Val

Is it possible to go off the track in GT6?

yeah you point the car in a direction that will bring you off the track and you go back to lelddit faggot

?

ikr

Elite

The Hot Version server is up and running with ahvenisto.
Get the track here
assettocorsa.club/mods/tracks/ahvenisto.html#en
As for the cars, you just need all the mod ones there are on the doc apart from the 180sx, since katsuo decided to use the 86 after all. Jap pack cars and unlocker are in the doc for you to "borrow".

The race will be 10 laps long, with no qualifying. If you want a good spot, get a fast time in the practice, because I think the game gets the times from practice if there is no qualifying.

The race will start at around 20:00 utc, the same time the pickup race started yesterday. Have fun.

Which country would win the /ovg/ Olympics?

The Republic of Srpska would win the most medals overall, while in the 5x50min sprints USA would bump New Zealand out of gold medal contention at the last moment, with Aus taking silver.

Playing Automobilista, how do I get the trophy trucks to straight line?

>remember that the Indian GP circuit exists
God what a bland circuit. It looks like a bad mix between the Malaysian and Chinese GP.

India and Korea are proabably the worst tracks of recent history

>India and Korea are proabably the worst tracks of recent history

what do you think about sochi then?

>what do you think about sochi then

meh. Not the greatest track, but atleast it doesn't have a boring ass long straight like the other two have. And atleast the scenery is somewhat interesting and isn't just random skyscrapers in the middle of nowhere. But apart from that, it's nothing special either

Think you got defected for having no wheels g

I tried the trucks and they're kinda fun. But I made the mistake of flooring it while going off the ramp. It seems to make you land nose down so I guess you gotta coast on approach. Also I realized to leave a large braking zone and downshift a little late cause its easy to lock up. Other than that, it drives alright.

the shiggy'era pushed me into a spike strip

Its just plain physics mate, think of the tires as big gyros, this is whne playing with RC trucks come in handy.

>big gyros
I am hungry now.

>autismbilista

The principality of Sealand ofcourse

>sealand
oh fuck there's a blast from the past
who here /invadesealand/?

>rFactor

Gave the truck another go. Got a better landing off the ramp from a quick stab of the brakes. Handling was alright until I tried winging it around the last corner and the rear tire went right through the body, fucking my shit up.

Not bad. Trucks are ridiculously hard to drive, I think it's because they're designed for dirt tracks and can't handle the extra traction of asphalt without rolling.

what's his name again?

Probably oggy since it's the filename.

Autism

Brittney Rae

I'm prety sure yours is le funny meme man

J

>Austin 'Touch my fender, you bender' Ogonoski
>Austin 'Off to the looney bin after a win' Ogonoski
>Austin 'Living hell for Ian Bell' Ogonoski

I dunno kinda looks like the USA is already winning the most gold medals.

Only cos we chased out all the Brits

why are you so obsessed with this man? all it does is prove this thread is full of spergs.

holy shit kek

why was james in looney bin?

bc of

didnt he try and kill his mom

None of you even like racing do you

I do.

wtf i hate james now

will hot version flop again today?

Daddy

Probably. And the sad thing is I won't make it home in time to see it off. Meat has the admin pass though, so he can advance the server to the race. If he doesn't show up too, you can vote to the next session.

To those that will show up, do a skid for me too.

why is /ovg/ full of hamsperglers

becuase youre here

Nvm. I'll JUST make it after all.

bought a g25

how do i become verstappen

Go fast and turn left or right depending on the corner.

>he bought the clonk clonk wheel
you fucked up

sorry bud max uses a g27

you fucked up

clonk clonk?

hot version will begin in five minutes or so

you'll know soon enough

but what if i like my wheels clanky and clonky

then you did everything right, I guess

Oh R8, why you so slow....

ADMIN ABUSE

So ummm... That was an interesting race. Aparently in the track the perfomance is way to apparent. So with that in mind...
New Rule: Tsukuba will have a fixed set of cars.

Also congrats to gent for steamrolling everyone

>tfw you are actually not slow

What's the point of a single class series if the preformance of cars isn't relatively close?

so I can drive the OP car

rules were: street cars only, under 350 hp - semi slicks, over that street tires. and it was balanced until we went to track and seen how broken Gents car is.

Aka I was driving Exige V6 cup, car basicly made for clean driving on race track, and he was just gone from my sight after 1 or 2 laps. after 10 laps I was 40 seconds behind.

Just make a selection of third party mod cars that handle according to laws of physics, add standard AC cars to that and just apply rest of the rules, it's as simple as that.

oh yeah, and update doc.

>turbo'd delta to the limits
>4wd
>proper suspension set-up
>stock lotus rapes me

having OP car is actually pretty difficult task. maybe i should drop weight down to 100kg next time

ahvenisto is cool track, it's good to have it in assetto corsa

>Exige V6 Cup
>stock
sorry mate, I practiced too much and was not under pressure, maybe I should use slower lotus next time for track race

or different idea, we could have "Hot Version Shitbox Challenge" on Tsukuba, with comparable stock cars (GT86, Abarth, turbo Alfas and other slow turds). That could work and be fun too

>racing with larguu
Not even once. He's guaranteed to wreck you if you're near him for more than a quarter of a lap, it's fucking awful. I'd rather race against James for 24 hours.

wtf i hate larguu now

Largejew did nothing wrong

This too. Look at this shit. Why is he allowed to do this?

that crash was STIguys fault.

>racing with sexually transmitted infection guy

This is on both of them, Larguu trying to fit into the gap and STiGuy closing the gap as he's there.

This is just poor driving in general. Off the racing line, brakes right into the line of the BMW.

how good do i need to be be4 considering playing w/ an ovg series

i managed to not crash once

Couldn't you guys just said when the race was starting for real, I stayed on for more than a hour waiting on you lot, and the fucking minute I am away to get myself a drink, the race starts for real, and by the time I was back, the entire field was 20 seconds away from me.

Still, I feel bad for the guy in the AE86, that car is so fucking slow that the entire field lapped it within 8 laps. And Gent in the 504 lapped him even twice. That 504 was fucking ridiculous though.

Good suggestion there.

you need to be elite level

What game and what are you driving right now?

Nobody will care if you're slow but they definitely will care if you're a nightmare in traffic.

AC with the 1600 focus.

Only previous racan experience is [spoiler] Burnout series and Flatout [/spoiler]

Is it just me, or is Enduracers looking like shit now? what the fuck is this

isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/24636-Endurance-Series-rF2?p=432375&viewfull=1#post432375

OVG™ Professional Sim Racing Platform unites a lot of players on different levels of advancement.

just try not to crash and you'll probably find someone to fight against, in worst case you'll be fighting for the last place.