What car company is the worst car company?

What car company is the worst car company?

>and why is it ford?

>assblasted GM fanboys, etc.

>mad cos he couldnt afford ecoboost

Overall: can't stand anything pontiac and pontiac drivers
Oldsmobile is also shit.
Not a fan of BMWs or BMW drivers either.

>Ferd literally can't develop engines in-house
>needing to borrow from brands
>needing to appropriate engines from previous owned brands

Ferd a shit, tbqh.

>Never needed a Government bailout to save their company.

Calm down mjet ya sperg

>diesel fiat

GM

Didn't they have to dump their assets in Mazda and Aston Martin to keep from needing a bailout?

A lot more than just that. Also had to sell Volvo, Jaguar and Land Rover.

Of course their owning all of that was part of the problem. They spent billions acquiring and fixing these companies in the 90's and early 2000's rather than on core Ford products and also leaving them in a poor financial position when the shit hit the fan in 2007. This is also why Fords from about 1995 to 2008-ish are crap and that Lincoln is only just now starting to show signs of life.

>can't stand the best two divisions of GM and the ones responsible for so much innovation that died for YOUR SINS

What?

The correct answer is British Leyland. Any other answers are fanboy nonsense.

FCA

>They spent billions acquiring and ruining these companies in the 90's and early 2000's
Ftfy

Probably about the only one that would be true of is Volvo. That the English companies are still around is solely due to Ford. While it makes sense that Lincoln was to wither away in favor of Jaguar since they both would need to be in the same price ranges what happened to Volvo is rather puzzling.

>DIESEL FIAT

>A DIESEL FIAT
>
>D
>I
>E
>S
>E
>L
>
>F
>I
>A
>T

>jag quality declined greatly
>lost sales untill ford sold them
>then gained sales
>aston went stale and never gained money till ford sold them
>volvo didnt change much because ford didnt do much to them. Just took from them.
>land rover went down the shitter till ford sold them.
Just search "how ford ruined X company"

Perodua or Ssangyong.

Ssangyoung is fucking abysmal. I drove an actyon pickup truck, and that car was on par on its awfulness with old beat up Opel tigra in my book

>bought an ST

No, actually, I hate the ecoboost. I even hated my girlfriends mustang with the same engine.

Ford just makes shit tier quality vehicles now

And they exported a lot of their operations to Mexico. A lot of their more popular vehicles (Fusion, focus, escape, etc) are made in Mexico

Altough mjet is a fucking moron, he's right this time. Fiat's engines are very reliable and are built in-house by fiat engineers.

Stay mad ferd-cucks

Fix
Dony

There is literally nothing wrong with Diesel Fiats, so I don't get this meme.

>fwd diesel fix it again tony

Is Ford so shit overseas ?

Ford Europe is actually pretty good, they always had the sportier cars, and are reliable, economical, and good-looking. And reasonably priced. Quite popular cars actually.

Every now and then, I still see Mark 1 Mondeos that are still running. Beaten to shit, rusted to shit, neglected to shit, but the Mondeo still goes on and on and on...

They sold that gen Mondeo as the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique in the US. Don't really see them anymore.

Ford is an interesting one. They didn't take a bailout per say, but they took 25 million in loans from the Government.

On top of that, they hired and shuffled around a lot of people who's entire jobs became looking at the properties Ford owned and recommending/approving sales. You would be surprised what kinds of property Ford owned, everything from scrap yards (AKA the F150 production plant) to empty tracks of land in the middle of nowhere. They sold off every brand except Ford and Lincoln, and only kept Lincoln so they had a "luxury" brand, otherwise it would have faced the axe too.

When it was all said and done Ford just barely squeezed by without needing additional money from the Government, and successfully avoided anyone branding them with "bailout", something Ford owners are very happy to remind people about without knowing the real truth.

Also, google which companies still owe the Government money.

The first gen is mainly driven by 50 year old farmers that couldn't care less about maintainance. These cars haul potatoes, cement, livestock, and they still go stronk. Never seen one at the side of the road.

Also, a friend of mine tries to kill off his 2nd gen Mondeo for 4 years already. It just refuses to croak. Mondeos are built of stuff of legend.

Enjoy your 5k redline and 100km/h top speed with toothbrush container tier interior

To;dr Ford is garbage in the US.

My family only drives ford vehicles (except my sister)

My dad bought a brand new Ford F-150 and within 3 months of owning it it had a huge rear main seal leak. Now every 6 or so months it starts leaking again.

I own a focus that I bought brand new, and they just had a massive recall due to a shitty transmission

Both of my uncles f250s have a terrible engine knock

My grandfathers 2014 f350 wouldn't switch into 4wd and if it did it would stay in it

I work in a car shop and someone came in with a 2015 f150 work truck and it would only drive in reverse but it could hear into neutral. Asked if we could fix it and we told him to take it to the dealership

I hate all those euro trash shit box companies
Opel
Vauxhall
Peugeot
Fiat
Etc.
None of them make an interesting car.

Renault made the best car ever

The twingo

Clearly you haven't driven cars with 1.9jtd engine. For example my Alfa has 150hp version of that. Fiat Diesels are amazing and only people that trash it are those who have never driven one.

>anecdotal evidence

>damage control

>mfw 2001 falcon with trans slip
>barely has 150k miles on it
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Why are 1990's-2000s ford trans so shit?

We got the new mustang over here as a HWP car and it overheated within 3 laps at the test track

>2016
>ford auto trans still overheat
Why the fuck are they still cheaping out on oil coolers ?

That's nothing compared to GMs 49.6 billion.

you spelled "chrysler" wrong

Any car that requires the use of both metric and standard tools, sucks big butt. Besides, Faggot On Race Day.

>criticizes ford
>ignores the fact gm took nearly 50 billion in loans
>also ignores the fact Rick Waggoner was fired by Uncle Sam, and remains the only CEO to have ever been fired by Uncle Sam.
>Ever.

>uncle bought explorer
>brings it over because he wants me to check trans fluid
>no atf dipstick
>google it
>ford made this generation with no way to check unless you go buy an adapter fitting and hose
>why ford

I thought modern (2010s) Ford sedans/hatches were pretty good tho?

mjet is just a faggot. no one actually hates diesel fiats. Just the tripfag

thread literally full of assmad GM fangirl

Hey guys whats going on in this thread?

Put your trip back on when making threads.

It's summertime. For whatever reason we get flooded with GM fanboys every summer.

>>and why is it ford?
because they started the trend of car globalism with their "one ford" bullshit, which means Americans now have to adhere to European tastes because its easier to shove 4cyl shitboxes down American throats then to pass a V8 barge in europe.

hope you like V4 "ecoboost" mustangs, because Ford's gonna force that meme hard whether we like it or not one of these days

>hope you like V4 "ecoboost" mustangs

I for one like European vehicles. However they still have a V8 option in the US.

Alas, v4.

>1995 to 2008-ish are crap

GM and Chrysler have both paid off those loans though. Ford still owes almost all of it.

And I mean, if you want to get right into it, we could talk about the Pinto and how Ford is the only company in the US to be found guilty of manslaughter.

The way GM paid it off is the problem.

What they did with the money they received is the problem.

Are you referring to the park to reverse issue?

>worst car company

>Not French

>Not slavic

>Not Chinese

>FORD
Amerilards pls go

mjet has the 1.3L diesel, with about 70HP

That 1.9jtd is unreliable shit. Can't hold a candle to a VAG PD for the same price. Only a faggot who knows jackshit about cars gets a piece of shit alfa.

>Ford didn't pay anything back

Sauce? Go ahead and take your time, I'm a patient guy.

>Ford is guilty of manslughter

Wrong.

The first major case (Grimshaw vs Ford Motor Company) was settled out of court. And the other (State of Indiana vs Ford Motor Company) saw the company being found not guilty.

key word being "still". I recall reading somewhere that ford wants to phase out the V8 in all ford cars. Which is dumb considering the ford V8 is pretty much the only worthwhile engine anyone ever cared about them for.

wasnt GM the king of the 4cyl? mail trucks still use iron dukes and those things are still running

Ford isn't getting rid of V8s. Fuck off with your rumors.