Who makes the best engines, and why is it Honda?

Who makes the best engines, and why is it Honda?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCd4Lffulg93r_cbxmu3QGxA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ecoboost is gooder than honda engines

I agree 100%

>N/a 2.0 engine from 1999 240hp
>Brand new 2.0 turbo engine 275hp
Fuck off with your meme

>butthurt he doesn't have ecoboost

lol

>literally cannot afford ecoboost
Spotted the poorfag

What about Toyota?

>gooder
Haha...I love this word now.

No one cares about acura. Keep us entertained with your lawn mower

>comparing an affordable RWD car with a completely different purposed car that is 10 times more expensive

Ahhh. They make Camrys and stuff.

a supercar being blown the fuck out by a hairdresser mobile doesn't exactly help your greentext, breh.

and no one cares about fwd regardless of its performance.

driving a fast fwd car (paradox) is synonymous to having a hot gf that cucks you

Yet gayzda lost to fwd. Keep dodging the civic tho

>gayiata
>good
Top kek

>mx5 beats nsx and s2k
>bbbut muh civic
so? civic is slower than nsx and s2k thus slower than mx5 by default

Nope. Civic is faster than your homo fag car

>cuckvic slower than nsx
>mx5 faster than nsx (See)
btfo

Yeah, the 3sge is a pretty based engine

To give a serious answer, the japanese are extremely perfectionist and they will not rest until they have made something truly perfect. That's why honda and toyota engines are so based.

you really want founders that understand fine work
bicycle makers and piano makers are a good start
also company's that get a start in looms and mills

That's why french and japanese manufacturers are based, and GM a shit

love that k series, but I exploded mine pic related.

I havva K24A2 long block in the mail, it'll be here wednesday. Gonna swap the head from my K20Z3 onto it, dump it in my ricebox, then let er rip

Noice, what do you drive?

the based z3 cylinder head and rocker arm assembly just chillin in my bachelors pad

'08 FA5

Awesome, love that body style. Mind if i ask, where and how did you learn to work on cars?

>cast crank
>cast pistons
>blows up at 300hp/L
>good

More like Egoboom

Best n/a 4 cylinders, maybe

C H E V Y 3 5 0
H
E
V
Y

>To give a serious answer, the japanese are extremely perfectionist and they will not rest until they have made something truly perfect. That's why honda and toyota engines are so based.

This is pretty accurate. Having worked in the industry (OEM supplier), the concept of continuous improvement is a big one. If there is a design tweek that seems pointless but could mean a few more parts off the line per day or improved durability, or a way to make it easier on the guy loading and unloading parts it is always considered.

tell it to McLaren F1 team
who would probably pay thrice the price to get last year mercedes engine

>Mfw ecoboost is Mazda

google, lol. I bought the car a little over a year ago bone stock. At that point, I barely had the knowledge to do an oil change. It's the first car that I've ever owned, just borrowed my parents cars before this and they did all the oil changes and shit at those pit stop places at gas stations. I decided to teach myself and when i thought doing an oil change was fun I started messing around with other stuff like the intake and exhaust like every good ricer does. Next thing I know, a few months later I was dropping the transmission to do the clutch and the flywheel, overhauling the suspension, and now I'm doing my own frankenstein build. None of it's really that hard though, anyone can do it. I would say the biggest barrier to succeeding with your car repairs is having the tools to do the job. I'm fortunate enough to have started out with all the tools I could ever need, but they are expensive and for that reason not everyone has the same access to equipment that I do. Happy to have other people bring their cars to my house to work on them, but sadly not a lot of car friends

pic related is my car right after I threw the rod at the holiday station kek. They were super cool about it though, felt bad for spilling oil everywhere

Mazda for Rotors
Ford for Pistons

kill yourself

if you want, you can take a look at my youtube here:

youtube.com/channel/UCd4Lffulg93r_cbxmu3QGxA

I've started documenting my progress and all the mods that I do on there. hoping to get a good video of the motor install and first start up by the end of next week

who else would you go to for rotors? kek

*Ahem*

NSU, Suzuki

Is it really that simple you can do most of the stuff with google ? My dream is to build a ek9 replica with a b18 in it. I know the basics and how stuff works , but i've never worked on a car before.

it really is, if you research and do things with a bit of caution. I also use resources from the library like alldata. for example, taking a motor out, it's fairly simple even without instructions (i didn't even use google for it); You just need to drain your fluids, disconnect the coolant lines, wiring harness, slave cylinder, axles, any other junk in the way, then finally the mounts. No need to be a genius, just be able to understand the big picture of what's going on under the hood

Will subscribe

>affordable
>30k$ Miata with 150HP.
No thanks I'd rather have a BRZ with 50 more hp and torque

>ford for pistons

u wot