Tell me Veeky Forums how many speeding tickets have you gotten total

tell me Veeky Forums how many speeding tickets have you gotten total

i just got one a week ago, it's my second one ever. the last one I got was 6 years ago

69 in a 55. i'm pissed

22 yo ~6 total last one was couple months ago for 80 in a 55 and passing on right but hired a lawyer and got it down to operating with bad breaks lol

I'm up to around 8. Half of them remain unpaid.

Really don't know why they haven't revoked my license yet.

22 as well.

>130 kph in a 50 zone
>cutting a roundabout on the left
>passing right in front of police
>no ticket

it's like that line from F&F Tokyo Drift: "If you are too fast, they won't chase you up"

>Ride bike daily for 8 months
>100+ mph
>Never got a ticket or even pulled over
>Bikes busted
>Using Dads Bronco till one of them gets fixed
>Pulled over for 87 in a 65
>Let off with a warning
No ticket yet, but I've learned that speeding on a bike is my better option for going fast.

Zero.

>kph
>roundabout

>imperial
>not metric

savage

>ticket for going 86 in a 70 MPH empty highway
>warning for going 55 in a 30
>another warning because my front plate flips up

One in six years of driving, 55km in a 40. This 40 zone is about a block long on one of the busiest streets in my city, going down on a steep hill, people constantly get tickets there. Ended up being like $520 after insurance fees and shit...

Same. Although should have because I got flashed from the front once but I had removed my licence plate to fix a dent in my bumper and hadn't bothered to put it back again so I never got the ticket.

>mfw been driving since I was 15
>am 20 now but have no desire to get license
>mfw never gotten a ticket
I wanna be that one 60 year old guy that gets pulled over for something super minimal, but I still wouldn't have a license so I'll see how fucked I get.

Cant really say maybe 2/yr from age 16-25,but enough to get letters in the mail saying im a point away from having license suspended .

had license for 10 years, 2 tickets in total
>94kmh in a 90 zone (no i'm not kidding) 3 months suspension of license...
>out of rego by like 2 days, on a weekend, nothing open, had the car booked in for inspection on the monday morning, and got the dates mixed up... that one was my bad, but i don't think it warranted a $477 fine....
thank you highway patrol for keeping our roads safe... assholes...

>Lose control of car down an icy hill with a sheriff at the bottom.
>60 in a 55 in northern Michigan
>70 in a 55 in same place as above
>95 on freeway
Warning, so 3.5

All three were during a full moon in the fall, the last was coming back from a summer date that went well.

25% over the speed limit and you're pissed? So it was the cop's fault? We all know speeding tickets are stupid, but you have to acknowledge they are what you receive if you are seen speeding.

Two. One in my dad's company car so it went straight to them to get dealt with, and one in my grandpa's car while I was shuttling my grandma around while gramps was in hospital and they were kind enough to pay for it. Never had to pay for a ticket, never got a ticket in my own car.

License for 2 years in december and collected two tickets

50 kmh in 30 zone
70 kmh in 50 zone

>not being constantly aware of all the vehicles around you
>not really keeping an eye out for cops or anything that could be a cop car

it's like you all want to get pulled over

>his country still stops people manually and has some jerk-off traffic cop write them tickets by hand like it's fucking 1960, and doesn't just send the machine processed tickets in the mail
Get with the times.

How can the police officer prove it's you if he doesn't pull you over. People do let other people share cars you know

I live in America tho

>not memorizing where the speed traps are

Constantly running cameras.

21 and i only have 1 actual ticket.
Got away with 67 in a 45 because I knew the cop
The other was 80 in a 45. Was racing a mustang and he got us both. Ticket was 500$

Ticket goes out to the vehicle owner, you can name a different person in the objection or get the ticket thrown out entirely in court if the photo quality isn't good enough to make an identification.

did you win the race

>and he got us both.

How? One of you must've been a bitch, a unit can only chase a car at a time.

1. 26kmh over in a 60 zone done for 10 over
2. 20kmh over in a 100 zone done for 10 over
3. 98kmh over in a 100 zone done for maximum + skys law

Been driving for 12 years. One ticket for 45 in a 35 when I was 19 and a second one earlier this year for street racing. License was suspended for 3 Months (just got It back beginning of this month), 500 dollars in fines and fees, and I was sentenced to 6 months in jail, but only had to serve 3 days due to the stark county jail being over full. In fact, I had to sleep on the floor, all the bunks were already taken in my cell block. I'd I get any related offenses in the next die years, I have to serve the remainder of the jail time I was sentenced to.

Tl,Dr:

Don't street race, it will cost waaaaaay more than what's it's worth.

How many is die years? And how could they convict you of street racing? What were the circumstances? Green text or something.

Did you get a lawyer? Should have been able to escape jail time for a first a offense.

Just one, santa barbara pigs got me going 83 in a 60 and threw the fucking book at me.

>$360 later I drive the limit

I've been pulled over nearly every month I've the past year for speeding, but have zero points on my record. I either talk my way out of it on the spot or get it dismissed in court later.

Or it was two different cops sitting next to each other talking when they got caught

They can almost never prove racing, good have to be an idiot and admit to the cop you were. The old standby is to say you were just speeding.

Sorry for the autocorrect, th at was supposed to be 5 years.
I hired an attorney from the law firm where my mom is a Secretary. He was the former DA for Akron, oh. He was confident that it would get knocked down to reckless op, but the dash cam from the cops car showed me and the other flying past him at 120 us, so I guess they felt they had to.convict us. The judge was a complete prick, said it was no different than if I had been walking around shooting an ar15 at random houses and just got lucky I didn't kill anyone.

Meme text of what happened:

>be me, work 3 to midnight as a city bus mechanic in canton, Ohio
>drive 98 civic with a boosted mini me
>on way home from.work in e night
>mk6 golf keeps flexing in me
>wait til we get out of the city and the highway clears out, no traffic
>gti pulls up next to me, matches my speed and we both drop back to about 40mph
>start brake boosting and he does the 3 honks
>of course he jumps on the second honk
>gets about a fender shed of me and I keep even with him
>look down at speedio see I'm doing about 120mph and let off
>see headlights coming up b hind us quick, looks like truck lights
>figure it's a diesel bro that wants in of the fun and move over into the right lame so we San line back up
>blue flashing lights come on and highway patrol points for both of us to pull over
>we both do
>cop laughs about it, says we are dumbasses for not seeing him sitting on the on ramp when we flew by
>doesn't arrest us, just tickets us and let's us go on our way
>cop actually called the judge and put in a good word for me since I was respectful and apologized to him

Yeah but he said "he" not "they."

>The judge was a complete prick, said it was no different than if I had been walking around shooting an ar15 at random houses and just got lucky I didn't kill anyone.

There's your problem. A biased judge.

Attorney said it was the first racing case that wasn't reduced to reckless op

>120 mph
>equivalent to an assault weapon

I regularly go 120, it's not that fast on a highway with no traffic. These out-of-touch judicial types shouldn't be deciding things they know nothing about. I've been pulled over for going 114 and the cops didn't seem to care much in terms of the "reckless endangerment" clause.

Had my license for exactly one year yesterday, never got a ticket, or pulled over. Yesterday I went 80 on the highway in 65 zones for almost 3 hours and I past like 8 cops, and they did nothing. Life's good mane

18 and 0. idk how considering i literally speed 20 over everywhere

Speeding tickets in total:

>18 over the past 22 years of driving

Fastest clocked speed:

>81 in a 60 using a "lazur".

And no I was unsuccessful in fighting that one in court

>Podunk county courts

>fastest I've gone is 81 mph
>ticket every 15 months

If the fastest I ever went was 80, I wouldn't even know what getting pulled over feels like.

>cops didn't seem to care much in terms of the "reckless endangerment" clause
I had a cop ticket me for careless driving after I waited for a legal passing zone to pass him (unmarked car, of course).

He was going fucking 35 mph in a 45 at 4AM and I was trying to get to work. At least I was able to have it taken care of in court, but still needed to waste a vacation day on that one.

Fucking salty cops, man, where do you live?

>Get pulled over for speeding constantly
>Always either fully dropped or lowered to a cheap, no-point violation

I'm in PA now (most of the time, at least), but that was when I was passing through Raritan, NJ on my way to 202.

One ticket for 74 in a 55. Was speeding up to pass a truck on FL-60 before it merged to a single lane and didn't see the state trooper sitting there.

I was fined 15-20 times for 10 years. This is my last fuckup, +44 km/h.

Did 59 in a 40 once. $110 ticket and no points.
Cop that issued the ticket was very no-nonsense and direct. I was speeding because I was late to work and ended up still getting there on time.

Just got one doing 95 in a 70, desu there shouldn't even be a speed limit where it happened.
Central nevada is such a wide open place, there is literally no risk.
I didn't even realize I was speeding because of how wide open it was, just felt like a safe cruising speed.

Never got a speeding ticket, but I did get a stunting ticket for doing a burn out 3 years ago.

Just put line locks on my car and did it in front of my house. My old cunt neighbor filmed it and then called the police.

She just recently died of lung cancer so all is good.

>your burnout smoke gave her lung cancer

Zero. It's easy; just don't do anything that can attract attention to yourself and you're pretty much good. If the road is quiet do the speed limit as you'll stick out easily. If it's busier don't be the fastest car in your immediate vicinity, be second fastest.

>just don't do anything that can attract attention to yourself and you're pretty much good
Unfortunately, it can be your car that gets attention and cops will stop you for that.

I once had a cop heading in the opposite direction come to a complete stop to pop me with his radar gun, then pull a u-turn to pull me over anyway (wasn't speeding). Tried to get me to admit to speeding, then let me go when I didn't. It was unreal, I couldn't believe the guy went through all that to stop me in the first place.

That was a few weeks after I got my s2k, was out for a drive with my dad to show him the car.

How'd you take care of it? Did you hire a traffic lawyer?

If the Cop didn't care then why did you go to court?

No lawyer, wasn't really worth it for that offense. I went to court and talked to the prosecutor for a bit myself. He wanted to give me the same deal most people want, which was keep the ticket but with no points. I didn't want to take that deal, so I was considering fighting it. Turns out the cop would need to have been called in on another day, and I really didn't want to burn a second vacation day to come back to court. So I worked things out with the prosecutor and we settled on reducing it to obstruction of traffic, which is pretty much a nothing ticket (no points, no impact on insurance, and a small fine).

Got a 57 in a 35 on a back road with my brake lights on at 2am, was kind of some bullshit but whatever. Told him my speedo might have been off, he didn't buy it.

That's the only moving violation I've gotten

>130 kph
>Too fast for cops

Topkek

He still ticketed us and.gave us court dates, he just didn't impound our cars.

92 in a 50 $280
80 in a 50 $160
90 in a 80 $160

Last one pissed me off.

total in my live ive easily gotten over 12

also been in a car during 5 accidents

3 of which were total loss incidents

does it count as a speeding ticket if you get caught by a red light camera going faster than the speed limit ? it didn't say it charged me more.

I've had 3 red light camera tickets, 1 speeding ticket, and 1 registration ticket.

I've gotten 2 in my entire life, and I'm 31.

One, sure I was sort of speeding but just keeping up with traffic, cop was a dick.

Second, massively speeding, 95 in a 65, no insurance, registration/tags expired, car full of people tripping balls.... State trooper was cool let me go with just a regular speeding ticket even though 30+ over is supposed to be reckless driving or whatever.

>20
>turning 21 next month
>never been pulled over
I hoon on the same streets literally every night.
I live in the city.

Zero.

Never, not once.