AHOY MATEYS

Ok Veeky Forums
I'm trying to build a crows nest in the back of my truck. Does anyone know CA laws if this is allowed? If not I'll still plunder em. What restrictions would I be facing? Like Height? Stability?

Why?

wow

>I'm trying to build a crows nest in the back of my truck.

Wow

YES I GOT IT, EAT MY SHIT MOTHERFUCKERS

Wow

Checkd

Also I wanted to strap a functioning cannon to the roof. How much weight do you think an extended cab 05 Silverado can hold on the roof?

Wow

Ya. Any CA Laws disallow this?

How about like this?

Not piratey enough. We'd be using black powdered weapons n shit. We need an authentic crows nest not some hunting nest

Because of this post, OP must finish the project and provide photographic evidence. The "Demon Hex" has chosen.

Well no shit. I asked you guys for help and so far I got none.

I was thinking it more like the main deck of it, obviously sans the top roof.

Wow, really makes you think.

The get means you have to do this now op. You have no choice.

Ya. I need something to set the cannon on.
Don't worry. I will deliver. It may take a few years but keep an eye out for the name

Bump for OPs measurements

Wow

Trip up then
Nice digits

Mkay

holy fucking sixs

I believe you can go up to 14 feet without requiring an oversize permit. Just make sure to keep an eye out for low clearance bridges when you're in older cities. Maybe consider keeping it to 13.6 if you plan to plunder east of the Rockies, that's the min height for bridges on interstates country wide.

Not sure how big a cannon you want, but it could easily be too heavy for your roof. I think instead you should put it (or preferably a couple of them on each side) in the bed and cut out gun ports in the side. it may be less convenient to have to shoot sideways, but being able to fire off a proper broadside would be worth it imo

Oh and I almost forgot. Keeping the heavy cannons in the bed would help offset some of the rollover risk that the crows nest will create. I know piracy can require some sudden maneuvering, and capsizing is the last thing you want to do

Just add a dually.

I think it's for stability, as well as traction.