Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xAkJYnxFYJQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

electric and minimal windows

Can you summarize it in a picture op?

Creases will become folds

Curves will become indentations

Crossed angles will become tunnels

I call it the FIT conundrum, as in the cars are becoming so obese you will find your keys trapped in the strangest places.

more pointless bulges. it will mimic a hot dog neck, a triple chin, mans groin, a cameltoe, a fupa, a muffintop, a tumor or goiter, a soaking wet sack of diapers. as the world's people get lumpier and less sexy, cars must get lumpier and less sexy, too.

100% spherical cars

100% squarical cars.

>keys
what century did you crawl out from, grandpa?

>le desogn meme

saged for being a faggot

Enjoy your 1day Veeky Forums vacation

Cars will get smaller and lower as people grow tired of the massive high riding burger mobiles that they have now. We might even see the return of station wagons in the US.

hi summerfag

ill let you know bans can be evaded

saged

not op but ive tried my best

mustang looks ok for what it is

it helps that the 6th gen was borrowing design cues from the original, but the new mustang is basically just a sportier fusion

Where did everything go so wrong?

The precise opposite of this

Why do modern cars have to look and feel so tall?

>Deville
>Not Fleetwood

Toyota trucks/ Tacomas through the years.

because the fleetwood only lasted till 96. the DeVille lasted to 2004

well, 2006 if you count the DTS as it's successor. And the XTS is the successor to the DTS

>Confederate flag
>Toyota truck
Why even bother half-ass being a redneck

It's a shame police got to these before anyone could have fun with them
They look beautiful imo and really changed the type of person I visualize when I think "ford Taurus".
Sadly it will be remembered like the p91 cruiser. A lame car for armchair Marines who crave the feeling of authority.
Tragic really

360% cubical cars

Higher beltline because of pedestrian safety requirements

>smaller

Doesn’t seem like it. The trend has been to constantly upsize cars every new gen.

>lower

Muh safety wont allow it.

>just fuck my visibility up

Nissan Trucks over time

then I'll turn 360° and walk away

Practice moonwalking first.

Might as well post this, tbqh.

but how often are you really looking up
.esp considering sun visors

Very impressive how Fiat have managed to make ALL of them hideous, as opposed to just the modern design ones. Truly ahead of the times.

Do you have any idea of how cars used to look in 1993?
Not to mention the 2005 Grande Punto was styled by Giugiaro himself. But go ahead and be a contrarian.

Keep talking please, you're getting me hard

youtube.com/watch?v=xAkJYnxFYJQ

>triangles triANGLES TRIANGLES!

I want triangles on cars.

>Doesn't post the 60s and 70s versions

>Jumps to an entirely different model unrelated to the DeVille

>top two trucks aren't even tacomas

There was no successor to the DTS.

The XTS only replaced it as Cadillac's full-size sedan, and now it is being offered alongside the CT6.

These are the two decent 'model evolution' posts in this thread.

Here friend, I made a thread just for you

>What will be the big thing in the 20s?
look at the concept cars

80-ish simple shapes, with some curves, but much more minimal (look at new vws and others. i actually like where it is going atm)

Is that the rotor from a wankel engine?

yes

cool desu

>smooth soaps bars

4th gen here

car has excellent all-around visibility

>unless you are a manlet

That's because third and fourth gens had that awesome hatch window. Why GM got rid of the hatch I'll never understand. New maro trunk is tiny can't even fit a decent speaker box back there anymore.

>can't even fit a decent speaker box back there anymore.

>tfw two 10's on the shelf behind the rear seat. still has trunk for t-top storage

shes got a huge rear

>10s
Thanks for proving my point

Because people complained too much about having to use broomsticks to hold them up.

only teenagers and manchildren worry about fitting a giant subwoofer box in their trunk

>look at the concept cars

concept cars are 80% only massive cockteasing without any chance of getting real.

in the early 2000's this was actually a good thing because there were FUCKTONS of totally unrealistically ugly concepts that have nothing to do with the design language of today.

>50 dorito engine
>350B-SkyActiv-R

>0 - 60 - 60 in under(steer) 1 turn

>each rotor is offset by 7 degrees from its neighbor
Just imagine that exhaust roaring and flaming

>>Doesn't post the 60s and 70s versions
because the op specifically started at the 80's

>>Jumps to an entirely different model unrelated to the DeVille

its not unrelated. the DTS was the replacement for the DeVille, and the XTS was the replacement for the DTS

>>Jumps to an entirely different model unrelated to the DeVille
I dont think Cadillac HAS any one model that has survived all the way from the 80's till now.

the Deville to XTS is the closest thing, since the DTS replaced the DeVille and the XTS replaced the DTS, so theres at least some sort of connection there.

I reckon that we'll have some more 60's retro overtones, more chrome, the angry faces will disappear at some point and be replaced by grill-less faces considering the electric boom, I could kinda see more of that good old Aston kind of booty, overall imagine stuff like that new long Maybach coupe

>they didn't make Tacomas in the 80s and early 90s you fucking retard

>be within one mile of rear end of 50 rotor

>no longer have legs

mile flame from downshift

>>>>>burns 5 quarts of oil per minute

>tfw you forget to dump a barrel of oil into the tank for optimal premix

They're built in Kentucky or some shit.

did police ever actually use the 80's Taurus?

also theres still nothing that ever stopped someone from buying the model regardless...

My prediction:

More electronic bullshit
More cost

No lol, they didn't use Tauruses at all until the late 2000's / early 2010's
That's what I meant
The older models were thought of as silly looking family cars. Weirdly curvy in all the wrong places, yet somehow clunky looking as well, the design overhaul was a much needed refreshment that actually fit the name better, it looks powerful and commanding (I'm assuming that's why it was chosen by law enforcement)
And yeah obviously nothing is stopping me from buying one (I actually might)
But when our kids think of the Ford Taurus, it probably won't be with any affection. They're just gonna think "narc" just like our generation did with the p91's
I can't really blame them

Concept cars are distractions for the designers and engineers while the bean counters do their jewing on the production model.

desu this looks like it's always a decade behind in style.

This doesnt cover trucks.
Trucks are just fucking massive now. They make the Hummer H1 look small and serviceable in comparison.

user, he's talking about trucks, not cars with beds.

Big blobs. That's what all these designs are becoming.

>take an SUV
>remove the rear end
>give it a bed
>call it a """""""""truck"""""""""
I understand cars being safer is a good thing but can they at least make the fucking thing look good

is it really impossible to make vehicles look like they were two generations ago but have them safer

more creases

they will call it the crease crisis

>diesel

Look into the future and be amazed!

The A-pillars are way too thin. This car is not safe.

Kawaii boxes with smooth edges

The future looks bright.

far too much dangerous glass in the back there, those windows needs to be smaller

lol

Holy shit I just now realised I've been in every single one of these and they were all shitboxes. Good work Fiat.

>semantics

>semantics

>is it really impossible to make vehicles look like they were two generations ago but have them safer

See pic.

Why satelites, though?

THEY ARR ROOK SAME
Fucking safety bullshit. Cars are so bland and look-alike nowadays.

Could've been a great luxobarge flagship, but they fucked around and slapped cadillac badges on an impala

Tell me more about how all 80s cars look different

Starts off ok then gets uglier and uglier

I like the grill on the newest one. Looks a bit like Fiat Coupe.

and they say pontiac aztek was fugly

>new AMG Mercedes-Benz SLK Grand Tourer 4Matic 350 MSI Turbo PHEV with 11G-TRONIC PLUS SpeedShift transmission

what the fuck is a p91

Hello, I am from the future

NHTSA has mandated that by model year 2026, vehicle side-window sills and base of windshield are to extend fully to the roof, thus eliminating potentially dangerous glass windows. As a replacement for exterior-view windows, forward and side facing cameras will be standard equipment. Drivers must visit the respective manufacturer dealer locations bi-weekly to complete various recalls and software updates to exterior viewing cameras and screens. If vehicles do not check in for the required software updates every two weeks, the vehicle must automatically disable engine function and requires towing.

After 5 gen's its still ugly