$15000 2016 Ram 1500 - Worth it?

Basic, crew cab Ram 1500 from 2016. Dealership is selling the floor model for that price flat. IT's a very good deal but:
How easy is it to mod these things? Is it worth it if I want to keep this 2016 model for longer than 5-10 years? Should I just get a 2010-2012 Ford Ranger instead?

I also looked at the suspension. It seems that they're not spring operated but two metal bars that act as springs. How easy is it to lift-kit these?

ram a shit

I thought they got rid of the torsion bars for the 4th gen 1500

I thought they had leaf springs like the Ford Rangers (from what I saw) but I don't have a good memory, lol. I know my friend's F-150s can just be disked but leaf springs definitely cannot be which is kinda annoying.

Why are rams shit? New 2016 Colorado maybe?

If you need a truck I would do it, that's a great price

32gb of ddr4 is the sweet spot these days

Is it, though? I just started up a "modern vehicle" thread and how they're over-engineered to hell and back.
Would it not be cheaper in the long run to get a 70 000km ranger to avoid the giant computer that are modern Ram 1500s and F-150s? The basic Chevrolet Colorados are a bit less engineered

What does that have to do with RAM trucks?

He's referring to RAM for computers jackass

oh i'm a fucking idiot, lmfao. yeah that's really funny. sorry senpai

Don't bother modifying it. Rams have bad suspension design and weak transmissions. Keep it stock, drive it, sell it when the warranty runs out.

This is what I'm looking for. That's what I thought...So it's not a fun vehicle, eh?

Better stick to the Ford Ranger in terms of expandability?

Ram is the best

I didn't say it's not a fun vehicle, it's just not really worth modifying. Plus since they sell a lot fewer Rams than Fords or Chevy/GMCs, modification parts are more expensive because there's fewer customers to buy them to spread out the cost.

If you're looking to buy a truck specifically to modify, why not look at older trucks? The second-generation of Ford Ranger runs from 1993 to 2012 - if you get an older one, it'll be cheaper so you'll have more cash to spend on modification parts. These were also badged as Mazdas so you might be able to find one of those cheaper than a Ford-badged one in your market.

If you're heart-set on US vehicles, you can also look at Chevy/GMC S10/S15 compact trucks, Chevy/GMC C/K series trucks from 1973-1987 (Squarebody) or 1988-1998 (GMT400), or Ford F-series 7th, 8th, and 9th generations (1980-1996).

If you're not US-focused, you can also check out the Toyota T-100 and Nissan D21 Hardbody. Japanese trucks have a tendency for frame rust due to fully-boxed frames and a lack of rustproofing, so if you live in an area that gets snow in the winter you definitely would want to inspect the frame before purchasing.

2010 Ford Ranger is my pic. Lots of hood space for something so small. Trading in my Colorado '10 because it will start to break down starting at 120 000 as apparently most post 2000 chevs are like that.

I definitely need a US anti-rust vehicle with all the snow, ice, and mud I deal with. That's just unfortunately true otherwise a Toyota Hilux would be amazing for me for a fuel efficient crew cab that can be modified.

I imagine there's a supercharger available for it but all the myriad mods are for the Cummins

That's an extremely good deal.

Depends on the miles and condition of course. Title needs to be clean too.

A 2016 crew cab is literally 30K bare minimum.

16K sounds kind of unbelievable. I mean shit, is it abused or high mileage or a rebuild title?

2500km. wife knows the dealer.

So could I just buy this, sell it, and buy a ford ranger with the profit i made?

Lol if you want a ranger that bad, I'd stick with the ram.

Why do you say that? this question i'm confused by

i just want something that i can change things out and play around under the hood and with the speakers. Also, i won't look like a douche driving a truck in the city ;(

grow a fucking pair and get a Cummins
>Cummins master race

>two metal bars that act as springs

If you don't know what a leaf suspension is, keep riding the bus.

>leafspings
way to cuck yourself

b u t t h u r t
>board about automobiles
>gets hostile at newfags
How do you expect the board to acquire new information if you're not welcoming to those who are obviously new starting threads like this? C'mon man.

15k is super cheap even 20-25k is cheap for a new truck does it have pentastar 3.6

Dodge douchebag with a Cummins rollin' coal in his bro-truck with low-profile """offroad""" tires at the mall parking lot detected

neck yourself, faggot

>Buying nissan ever