Are these as good as they look?

are these as good as they look?

Yes they are, only in V8

did they only come in auto? thats all im finding

I miss pontiac:(

I don't think the GXPs did

they're all autos except the GXP, I'd cross shop with 1st gen CTS-Vs or 2nd gen depending on your budget and mileage

GXPs came in both manual and auto. GT only came in auto

you would be right about that. i probably won't be able to find one until maybe 10 years later with an incredibly inflated price. maybe i'll just go for a mustang

yeah it's a shame GM doesnt have any other muscle cars beside the god ugly camaro

>GM doesnt have any other muscle cars beside the god ugly camaro
CTSV

Aussie here

Yes
e
s

They are fucking HEAVY tho so i'd suggest going with something different like a VN with a LS swap is VERY popular over here and cheap as shit obviously

The little aussie 5.0l is kinda meh especially getting parts in somewhere like merricuh

That said the G8 GTS Ponti handles fine but you iwll feel the weight. Hell go for something completely different and import a german spec opel omega b and make a mock lotus carlton or something

yeah i realized that just after i posted. ill definitely take a look

>Hell go for something completely different and import a german spec opel omega b and make a mock lotus carlton or something.

thats one hell of a suggestion and while it does sound interesting, i've been wanting to try out an Australian car for a while now. I really wish holden cars were still being rebadged as pontiac since i irrationally hate the look of the chevy logo

the 1st gens came with the ls6/2 w/400hp. and 2nd gen had the lsa w/ 556hp. you can find gen 1 cars with moderate mileage in the high teens all of which are manual transmission cars, while gen 2 cars are harder to find with manuals and run from 30-45k depending highly on milage, year, and options

Then put the holden badges back on? The SS did not change any bumpers

>GM

nope

>falcunt in charge of anything

You really think he's going to import a shitty VN (which he probably can't anyway because lolfreedumbs) and waste money doing it up instead of buying a completely different car for a different purpose?

Man, you're an moron.

The clear answer here is get a 1st gen CTS-V.

I love the G8 but, being almost impossible to find a manual GXP, the V would be the next best choice.

>mfw I pass a clean white GXP yesterday going too slow in the right lane and it's driven by an old lady

>shitty VN (which he probably can't anyway because lolfreedumbs)
VN' Commodores are old enough to import to America without any real hassle.

good thinking

i always find it funny in a ridiculous kind of way when i see old women driving powerful cars

could be a sick sleeper but im unsure of importing

There is still the Australia's Holden's

OP asks about late model sedan with gen4 v8 that would make a respectable daily

You suggest importing 30 year old mang-box with junkyard engine swap as alternative.

And you haven't yet been laughed off the face of the internet, why?

(You)