Hey/o/

Hey/o/

Yes i know the rules and this is technically against it, however Im just wondering if anyone else has ever had the same problem i have.

Car revs its self / rough idle / breaths when its idle
yet if i unplug the Mass air flow sensor it runs smooth but w/ engine managment light

Ive just purchased a new MAF but wont get it until tuesday

Im hoping it'd fix it but just wondering has any one ever had this problem?

my car is 318d ES bmw e90 lci 2011 (190k miles on clock 305k KM)

PIC Related

Yeah, it's the MAF.

Mass air flow sensor

pic semi-related

Probably the MAF

bimmerforums.com is your friend

Tried signing p to both them and e90post niether have accepted my registration yet, hence why i posted here.

do u think changing it will fix it then?

also beware, pic related. Seen it a lot.

So it has nothing to do with the MAF? but rather the wires?

ffs, how much will that shit set me back

Break
My
Wallet

it's most likely the maf at this stage, but the bulletins I listed happen 70% of the time in those cars.

Try the MAF first.

he has 318d not 318i though, completely different engines

yeah, read the top of the pics.

well its fucking me over so
Black
Mans
Willy

I Sure to god hope this works
I will post a thread on bimmer forums and e90 and Veeky Forums if it works for anyone else in my shoes.

oh nvm

also

Look for tears in the air intake snorkel too. I've seen more than a few torn right in the accordion section.

You would probably also have a code or two stored for bank1/2 lean along with it.

Got a water leak from radiator and broken shock on rear.

but I have checked my engine over and NO OIL LEAKS.

HAD The timing chain changed, clutch, water pump, and oil is changed regually .

hence why its actually lasted 305K KM / 190k Miles

one for luck.

This concludes the known issued factory service bulletins, except for dodgy anti roll bar bushes.....

Is that the pipe thing attatched to the bottom of the air box when you pull it out?

If so, ive cleaned that in the past as it was full of small stones dirt and mud

I'm just putting the factory bulletins up on the off chance you suffer these problems. It may have already had a recall and the faults fixed......

How do recalls work?

Do i just go to BMW and get repair works done for free?

usually if it's within it's warranty period and you are the original owner.

You might be able to argue a case with the info I supplied, but it really is dependent on whether the dealer can make a claim under warranty for the work.

Some might try because they can claim more back than the work costs, but most won't, so you're on your own.

thats a tad unfair isn't it, considering the cars been recalled for a reason where the fault lies with no one else but the manufacture.

is that the eu or uk or us rules?

wat? bimmerforums used to send you an e-mail to confirm within a minute then you were good to go.

eu/uk.

General consensus is that once warranty is over, you are on your own.

You can always run you vin and contact the supplying dealer to see if the recall work was done.

i have a custom domain and use my own email server so i get problems recieving emails then i claim costs back on expenses to try fix it using my sister company meaning total tax paid is almost always nil