please talk me out of getting one of these. talk me down from the ledge

27, single, good job, white, suburbs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uXsMe7SHZYg
webmshare.com/play/EEmVg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

challengers/chargers are nigger cars

too fat and ostentatious while not even being that expensive

If you like going fast in a straight line, this is a good buy. If you like going fast and throwing your car around some turns, I'd look elsewhere.

They're too fucking heavy, if you want an American car still, look at a pony or a camero.

>single
do it.

No guts, no glory.

Make the leap, user.

Niggers can't afford anything that isn't a V6.

>Niggers can't afford anything that isn't a V6.

charger is nigger tier. challenger is the white man come home

fair point. i wont be racing it or anything, but is the turning really beyond repair? Like cant I get some upgraded suspension parts if I want to improve handling? or is it just too big that its not even worth it?

camaro i dont like
mustangs are good looking but they are like girl cars now. challenger looks more authoritative

ive been looking for about a year and the only other cars that made it this far are Lexus IS 350 and Acura TL Awd 6spd manual

>suburbs
do it.

It's pretty damn heavy, and it's also just a big car in general. I'm sure you can improve upon the suspension, but for $32k there are other options out there. Still, if you don't plan to track it or anything, I imagine you won't encounter many situations where handling becomes enough of a handicap.

I'd say do it.

>Niggers can't afford anything that isn't a V6.

They choose to buy the v6 because performance is less important than looks. Then they proceed to put 30 inch wheels on it that cost 900 dollars each. All on credit.

o shit it's back.

I would look towards those cars then, authoritative isn't worth anything if you can't beat anyone.
There are just better things out there for the money, don't buy for looks alone.

Don't, because it'll never be the Hellcat.

>Then they proceed to put 30 inch wheels on it that cost 900 dollars each. All on credit.
They rent them now.

Fucking Christ

I valet and I got to drive my first donked car. It was a Nissan Maxima. Every single tiny little bump I went over made the car creak so bad I actually thought I damaged something. The interior rattled worse than a Subaru because of their nignog music which they gave me the priviledge of listening to at 130db.

Not gonna lie, I was kind of impressed with their sound system. The car was a rattling piece of shit though.

of course its not looks alone... i'd get a ferrari body kit on a fiero if that were the case. the camaro is out of the equation, i dont want to even talk about it. the mustang is now your counterargument. but if you pulled up next to me in a mustang the first thought id have is, let me see if she's hot.. oh shit its a dude woops
Mustang is a girls car, unless you get the top end ones w like 500hp, but that price point is too high for me

i dont care about the hellcat, that doesnt bother me. you cant even drive those without almost killing yourself each time

im going to daily drive this thing about 20 miles in total to work and back, and maybe for a weekend cruise

>r/t

This has bothered me since 2010, but why the fuck are people buying r/t challengers?

Yes, they're reasonable in price for a V8 "muscle" car, but that's it. Not to mention your 5.7 V8 "muscle" car comes equipped with a mind numbing 375 horsepower. Combined with its ridiculous weight and underpowered engine, you will find yourself being beat in a straight line by nearly any dumbass kid who has a tune in his ricer.

Those ricers have thousands of dollars put into them. I could easily use the rt as a starting block and do upgrades, which I would. If I could find a Scat Pack for a decent price, I would do that too

You shouldn't ever spend that much on a car

implying you can't tune the r/t with good results

maybe not, unless it's a big hobby of yours. if you can get 0% financing or a similar incentive it's completely manageable.

I was goin to buy a scat-pack challenger but the quality of the car and the weight of the car 4,300 pounds that's just crazy and finally the thing that stop me from buying the car was the steering wheel it look like a school bus.

>i'm poor

steering wheel looks like a schoolbus? what?

Why would you buy this when you can buy a decent R32 GT-R right now for about the same kind of money? You also won't pull nearly as much JDM tyte boipucci in a Challenger or Charger as you will in an R32 GT-R.

the scat pack will also cost you a good bit more

>r32

come back when the r34 is allowed to be imported

>R34
>Already 60k for a decent example

If you're in the market with 32k, you're not going to get an R34 GT-R. Just not happening anymore.

you cant import r34's yet anyway. im not going to wait around for years. literally not an argument right now

You absolutely can import an R34 MNP2 V-Spec into the US under Show and Display. A lot of US importers are doing it right now.

>Limited how often and when/where you can drive it
>Once its 25 years old its still a show and display car and can't be undone.

Implying tuning a r/t will make it be respectable

That's just a ricer though. You still wouldn't stand a chance against a Camaro SS or Mustang GT.

You can drive it anywhere. Your only mileage limitation is 2500 miles per year.

And after 25 years it is no longer show and display. No mileage limitations apply.

Why not get an M5?

Holy shit. I know where that pic was taken. Every Sunday there's a car meet there, in PDX

This man will explain why you shouldn't buy a boat

youtube.com/watch?v=uXsMe7SHZYg

dude 2500 miles/yr? the fuck? I need a daily driver

the cost to maintain an M5 would end up being more than the purchase price. i'd love a german car, but i dont trust the longetivity and the cost to repair. I did look at M5s though

>I need a daily driver
Its called a bus you spoiled bitch

M3?
I only suggest M5 because it's so comfy, are you talking new or used?
Any of the new Z's interest you? A used Nismo is in your price block.
300C SRT8s are very underrated comfy mobiles
I mean, what's your taste?
You wanna be flashy?

I'd try for something mid-2000's and go for the top level tuning at that price range, like an STI or even a "muscle" car.

wrx or 370z

if you like it buy it

>wrx or 370z
I dont think OP wants to look like a giant faggot or a soccer mom

I have a Scat Pack.

If you can afford it, get it. 5.7L is okay, but doesn't really feel fast.

Hey look, its the dodge fanboy from the other thread, hows your slow boat?

They're gorgeous, but I wouldn't spend 32k on one.

>Dodge fanboy

I've only advocated for the product I bought, not shat on the other brands?

I'd buy the shit out of it if it were scaled down. Would be the fag that would put smaller japanese wheels on it and fender mirrors.

Why not get a newish Merc or a Bimmer?

They're just as fun with the added comfort and implied personal and social class, and women recognize them better.

you'll get bored of it in a few years and sell/trade it for less than 12k.

there are cars you work for, and there are cars that work for you, this is not the latter and you'll want something else later for that position

If you live in a warm climate and you are down with the plastic-heavy interior and poor handling, go for it.

Good luck getting one of these through a snowstorm...especially if your an auto.

Missing 70s Celicas aren't we?

>buy status

If he gets bored of it in a few years, he'll get bored of any car. Also, Challengers retain their price fairly well.

I'll give you the cold climate stuff, but the interior of 2015+ isn't plastic heavy. Poor handling is debatable, mainly because anyone buying this car won't be interested in keeping up with a Miata.

What do you drive?

OP

If you're desperate enough to come looking for validation on Veeky Forums, then I can only assume you like the car for what it is. A heavy highway cruiser that can easily pass the average shit box and has enough space and comfort to make a decent DD.

If you're looking for a track car, you can do better for $32k.

2015+ went up in comfort and quality over the previous refresh, so I would recommend the newer ones.

I only have ~500 miles in mine, but if you have questions let me know.

Yo not OP but I want a scatpack with the shaker hood. Can you tell me some more about owning one?

Not sure what specifics you want.

Must do's off the bat? Install Mudguards and a Locking Gas Cap.

I didn't get a Shaker because it's a rather expensive option. Keep in mind it doesn't really shake at idle. You can seem some torque twist but that's about it.

Pet Peeves:

It's a bit of a pain in the ass getting into the car if the door isn't fully open.

Truck doesn't have a handle to pull down to close it. I'm 6'1" so I can reach up to the spoiler no problem and pull it down.

The doors are pillar-less so closing the door is awkward.

STOCK TIRES ARE SHIT REEEE

Camaro SS, u?

it doesn't even shake with the 6.4?

provide proofs mane

Nope, I know, I was a bit disappointed too.

At least tell me what you drive mane

I'm just looking for a somewhat nice looking comfy DD, the challenger seems like it fits the bill.

Challenger checks all those boxes for me and a few more.

webmshare.com/play/EEmVg

Are you the auto cuck we made fun of a few weeks ago?

Who said you were going to buy an R34 GT-R as a fucking daily driver? If you want an actual GT-R as a daily driver you want the R35.

The challenger might as well be in a different class than the camaro or mustang. The fact that this behemoth can go toe to toe with either of those pony cars is nuts. Can't turn to save it's life but goddamn, this thing just has more heart than either of the other two combined. I work with a guy who owns a gt 350 and he's trading it in for a challenger simply because he said the scat pack made him smile more.

>BMW's are too unreliable and expensive to maintain
>I'll buy an FCA car instead
silly nigga
Have you looked at the 124 Abarth? Or getting an FRS for cheap (they should start going on sale) and modifying it?

>scat pack
>didn't shit on other brands

Top kek

i said SUBURBS in the op. i couldnt take a bus to work even if I wanted to, which I fucking dont. shoo shoo innercity poorfag

No, no you don't "work with a guy". Literally every reviewer worships the GT350's engine. In the scenario that this guy is real and actually picked a challenger over a GT350 I guarantee he's LITERALLY retarded.

I won't buy German bc when shit breaks it's expensive as fuck to get repaired.

>snowstorm
I live in Va we dont get snow like that, maybe 1-2 times a year. I have a dodge dakota NON 4-wheel drive and ive managed for 10 years here so the snow is not a factor. the challenger weighs like 4000lbs anyway i think it will be fine in a little snow

nice.
nah not looking for a track car, daily driver and weekend cruiser, gonna be running errands in this bitch too. 2015+ is a must because of the interior and rear lights refresh. How much mpg are you getting and do you use regular octane? Manual? Will the stock tires be ok for snow (maybe you havent owned it long enough to know)?

>MPGs
On a good day, I can get 16 MPGs city if I am conservative. 13 if I am not.

6.4L is only rated for 91 Octane.

The 5.7L can take 89 and doesn't get much better MPG.

>Manual
I got an A8 because I daily drive this thing through my town and it's littered with stops. At least 14 to and from work.

>Tires
Probably not, these pieces of shit stick only in the middle of a hot day, don't expect them to do much in Snow.
Essentials:

Mudguards: Because of the shape of the body, the wheels pick up a lot of shit and fling it past your door/rear fender. I would recommend doubly so in snowy environment.

Locking Gas Cap: Not sure was Dodge was thinking, but there is no lock on either the fuel door or the gas cap.

Catch can: Recommended if you're planning to keep it long term.

I forgot, I get 28 MPG highway.

>Challenger thread without a pic of a challenger on cop car steelies

Not under my watch

Yeah I do "work with a guy". Just because you favor the voodoo doesn't make you right.
>he doesn't like what I like, he must have brain problems
>but reviewers said
If you only want to pick a car based on what reviewers said rather than personal preference, you might be LITERALLY retarded

Yea and some people prefer a fiat 500 over a Mclaren P1. It still doesn't make them any less stupid.

Maybe his friend wanted a boat with wheels man

What about camming one?

no wonder whites are going extinct

Why the fuck not?

You can corner in anything if you're dagumi

The best looking American "muscle car". The new mustangs just look like every other sports car on the market right now and the camaro looks like a fucking hot wheels car

Should I get a white one or a black one?

Camaro looks sexy, stop trying to brush off your buyers regret

I don't see very many black boats so it's a matter of do you want to stand out

If you get it in white, you can do any color stripe you want.

Yeah, if you're twelve, maybe.

Buy a boomer mobile for 30k and the rest on a shitbox commuter car.

All I see is black, gray or, white around here. And V6...

>Buy something that's liable to be rusting to shit and crap out at any moment so you never get to enjoy it

I bet you don't even own a V8 challenger

V8 challenger is slow, who in their right mind would buy a V6? What's the 0 to 60? 8 seconds?

>27, single, good job, white, suburbs
are you me?

Go for it, user. I got a great deal on a fully loaded 2016 Challenger R/T Plus with only 5K miles for $27K. It even came with aftermarket 22-inch wheels and tint. If you're more interested in style and a good exhaust note, the Challenger is the way to go.

Did you get the scat pack? If not I suggest you eat as many white Castle burgers as possible and unload into that engine, your scat is not as high quality as the Indian scat they use but it will help your car performe

do you feel like it's lacking power at all? i'm wondering if I should spring for the scat pack

Blue Scat Pack guy here, I test drove the R/T and the Scat Pack.

The R/T was faster than other shitboxes around but the Scat Pack put a smile on face as soon as I started it and will definitely feels like a different car.

I suggest you try both.

Dealers might be stingy about letting you test drive, so either find a used Scat Pack to test drive or go in feeling prepared to buy but don't. If the dealer so much as smells that you're not going in to buy, they will make up 50 bullshit excuses to not let you behind the wheel.

If it helps, I bought mine for $40k out the door + $2000 rebate applied later here in California. (MSRP was $41,585 when I bought it)

I have the Auto8 and Driver Convenience Group (Blind Spot/Remote Start/HIDs).

If you're planning to keep the car long term, Scat Pack is definitely the better choice, but I don't know your financial situation so tread lightly.

I keep seeing no proof of ANY Camaros here.

For the love of god, just don't get anything less than a 6.1, you can get a clean SRT8 for like $25k. Pic related.