Court Tomorrow

I need your help once again br/o/s. I have court tomorrow for 2 tickets. Some pig who, and I quote, said "Yeah I got you on camera, radar and everything yeah" claims I was doing over 80 the first time and 85 the second time on the I-5 right after the 405 merger going north. He also got my for my license not being on the vehicle but I don't care for that too much. The second instance he also claims I made an unsafe passing on the right, I.E. I split lanes. I've been riding for over 6 years on the street now, and in the 5 years of owning the bike and over 110k miles I have on my cluster, no one has ever critiqued my riding style. He was the coldest pig I've ever ran into. Each situation lasted but 5 minutes and he hardly had anything to say. Oh, and in the second instance he also stated he wasn't picking me out of all the people passing. I didn't even say anything for him to come out like that. What he should have said was he was trying to meet a quota and he thought picking on a biker would work.

Is there anything I can tell the judge tomorrow to get out of this shit? I'm seeing one judge for both tickets. Each ticket was 12 days apart. Same pig for both. This happened in April and I'm going to court for the first time for them tomorrow. Need help senpai

>pic always related

Other urls found in this thread:

occourts.org/self-help/traffic/extensions.html
youtube.com/watch?v=1c_I841J6_M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no one cares nigga this aint ur blog

wut

>claims I was doing over 80 the first time and 85 the second time
So were you speeding or not?

>over 80 and 85

85 is over 80 faggot

When I looked down the first time, where I had passed him supposedly, I was doing 70 and stuck behind a semi. The second time I have no idea what speed I was going, but I always travel at or over the speed of traffic. I don't sit next to any vehicle. I'm always passing traffic until I'm in a area where there's no one around. Just a safer way to travel I feel.
Reading comprehension?

tell him to produce the video and radar data, also the date of calibration for the equipment, and when it was last serviced.

If he can, you lose. If he can't you win.

>speeding on a bike
>stopping
Neither of these makes sense.

Is this your first time going to court? Ask for an extension "to seek legal council"

A buddy who gave me very limited information said if I mention something in court to the judge, in regards to a special type of hearing, it'll automatically forfeit all claims against me. A Google search didn't come up with shit on that and I highly doubted that. But I'm on here hoping someone knows something. Also, tomorrow I just go before a judge to request a trial and plead not guilty. You don't have to go to court for that but I am because it bought me time.

>lane-splitting could occur legally only when the motorcycle was moving not more than 15 mph faster than the traffic around it, and that no lane-splitting could occur legally at speeds above 50 mph.
Yeah, get fucked.

This would be my second time. I just turned 27, and the first time was probably 8 years ago. That judge was very understanding and lenient.

I'm going to tell the judge how it is. I'm simply trying to embody the law enforcement as I see them ride. They all lane split and ride through the double yellow to pass traffic. Cali just passed the lane splitting law. I'm sure there's still plenty of grey area which doesn't help me.
wut

No, I meant, is this your first time going to court for this offense? Just ask him for an extension and pay a lawyer if you want to get off.

Yeah tomorrow will be the first time I'm addressing the tickets legally. All I do tomorrow is plead not guilty and then they'll give me a court date and inform Mr.Rothberg that I'm fighting the ticket so he can prepare his case. So you're saying tomorrow I'll plead not guilt and ask for an extension to seek legal council?

DESU, if he has the data and it is calibrated and accurate, you are pissing in the wind.

You need to ask to see the data he has on you, you can ask for the certificates of calibration, meaning that if the equipment used to catch you was out of service date, the charge is void.

It's all down to what the officer can prove. You can't prove you were not speeding, he says you were, so it's up to you to call him on equipment, and deny everything unless he can play a calibrated video that shows otherwise, even then plead innocent. Vehicle speedos always read out by a percentage. Say you were doing the speed indicated on your speedo.

Don't plead anything, just say you'd like an extension on your court date because you're in the process of seeking legal counsel for your traffic tickets.

Don't know where your from but a quick google search yielded:

occourts.org/self-help/traffic/extensions.html

youtube.com/watch?v=1c_I841J6_M

extension or, uh, maybe a continuance. I'm not a lawyer so they might be less interchangeable than they are in my mind haha.

Yeah that's an old rule of thumb. My speedo is off by 3 MPH roughly on my 02 R1. I say the officer is lying out his ass. He was trying to PACE me. The part of the freeway he says he caught me on has no area for him to hide, and I've still yet to see him while I ride/drive by there. The last officer I came into contact with said the same fucking shit as Mr.Rothberg, but didn't write me up for speed because he couldn't prove it. He got my on a no plate and that was it. He said when he got to me to pace me I was going the speed of traffic. That would be correct, I pass vehicles to get into a safer area. I don't sit next to or behind any vehicle on the road. I'm always riding to be alone so no cager hits me.

why isn't it innocent until proven guilty?

he should have to show evidence that his shit is properly calibrated, not the other way around

Don't attract attention, don't get caught.

This first happened in April and we're in August now. For the tickets I've used both 45 day extensions, then I dragged it out by opting for a court date to plead not guilty, which on the ticket in RED LETTING SAYS "YOU DON"T HAVE TO GO TO COURT TO DO THIS", but if you do it buys you more time. For me I need time because I want to make sure I don't get fucked on these tickets.

Don't go into it acting like you know it all. Just be polite and act submissive, and politely ask the officer to PROVE what he is saying. Take it all the way if need be. He will back down first to save face if he has no video evidence, but if that happens, he will be out to haunt your ass.

>drives BMW
>drives like a dick

Like poetry.

Dude, did you read now many miles are logged on my bike? This is the first time I've been pulled over and it was by this pig, twice in a fucking row. I'm an able rider that keeps it safe. I know when to play and when not to.
Okay man I'll do that, then I'll go with asking for calibration and certificates in the next court hearing?

that's what I said.......

>ask officer to produce calibration certs
>always plead innocent

and so on and so forth....

>blaming the cop
Yeah, don't keep lying to yourself OP. You know what you did wrong. Enjoy your fine and jail time.

Ah, ok so it's not your first date. You might be able to request a continuance from the judge, either about getting legal counsel or maybe having a mechanic certify your speedometer is miscalibrated. Not really sure...

Have you taken a defensive driving class at all? That might have helped them knock the penalty down a bit.

What's the difference between a porcupine and a BWM? With a BMW the pricks are on the inside.
>I don't drive a BMW, I'm just posting E46's photo because I secretly love him

and video evidence.

They can't take the word of a single cop, if there were 2 of them in the same car, they collaborate and you have problems.

that's not at all what you said

> if you forget to ask, you're assumed guilty

is NOT innocent until proved guilt

I have an MSF card verifying completion. That's about it.
Yeah he was riding solo. So, I ask for an extension to seek council, then I ask for calibration, certs, and video evidence in the next court appearance. Got cha

you might want to check the rules around traffic court continuances in your area, as it looks like some require them to be requested 10 days in advance.

I think I said

>if he has the data and it's accurate, you're fucked
>Ask to see his data first
>see if he can prove his claims
>he can't prove he was not at fault
>call officer out/deny everything

i'm just saying that the officer should be required to prove for anything to happen at all
otherwise it's not innocent until PROVEN guilty

Sorry OP. You're probably going to be losing your license for a few months.

just beware that if you get off with it on that, said officer will be after you with a passion.

>I have an MSF card verifying completion
Sounds like you didn't learn anything.

fuck me man.

take a breath and actually read what I wrote.

It felt like he was after me already. I'm not too worried as I don't live in OC anymore anyways.

i'm saying you shouldn't have to ask
the judge should ask the cop to prove in the first place

>on the I-5 right after the 405 merger going north.
You're talking to Veeky Forums as though we're all your local friends and we all know where the fuck this random intersection is.

You're a dipshit. I hope the judge sentences you to ten years of being raped in the ass by a silverback gorilla with AIDS.

yeah, judges love dealing with traffic and will go in depth.....

It's up to YOU to state your defense, a judge won't.

take it as far as you can then. It would amaze you how many cases are dropped when challenged.

But after that, the same cop will be out to get you.

sure, but that sure seems to contradict the whole fucking philosophy behind the justice system

>justice system.

yeah. Keep on keeping on.

Thank you Anons. You have helped me a lot yet again. I appreciate it very much.

>calls cops pigs because he got caught being a retard
>gets mad at cops when they are rude to him because they caught him being a retard
>"damn pigs caught breaking the law! Those bastards!"
You made your bed now lie in it

Godspeed user.

Take it easy on the brother's......the brothers...
>even though I'm white and Irish.

Then use that as your angle.
*You were simply overtaking vehicles for the sake of safety to merge over to the right lane and have a longer viewing distance of the highway.
*There is no law that explicitely states a mph that you must adhere to when overtaking traffic- because if there was, then safely overtaking traffic would essentially be unsafe if it took a vehicle decades to get around another
*Others have told you to ask for the calibration data and video from the officer. I think that's fine, but even if he/she can produce said data, it doesn't mean that you're cooked right there, it's just keeping them honest...because we all know that the state is only in the business of moving money from peoples bank accounts via tickets, taxes, tariffs, permits, licenses etc. etc. etc.

Reschedule, you might be to late to do so. but call early, and say you aren't able to attend and wish to reschedule the date.

Go Do this again on next court date till you get a date on or near a holiday or weekend.

Show up to that court date, and when the cop isn't there you get the ticket thrown out because you have the right to face your accuser.

The reason why both your tickets are on the same day is because cops schedule all there tickets to the same day, they are very unlike to show up to court specially if it is there day off for one ticket.

he drives a mustang cobra, that's worse only because only retards buy fords

Right on b/o/ys! I appreciate the help a lot. I doubt I'll be able to cancel the court appearance for tomorrow but I will try.

when you win due to the internet, I want a carved pineapple, with Veeky Forums on it, posted.

Must be a full pineapple.

>i don't know where this is; now I'm throwing a tantrum because I feel like I can't participate in the conversation

When is more info not useful to know? Oh wait this is Veeky Forums where OP usually asks a vague question and disappears

I will do it because you asked. Friday at 8 PST I'll make a thread honoring all of you an/o/ns who helped tonight.
Thank God someone understands why I did what I did

and this is why dash cams with microphones are great

Honestly, the judge is probably going to suspend your license for 30-90 days on the spot. You should have just paid the fines instead of trying to fight it.